Notices

Class of March 2016 part 67

Old 03-15-2018, 07:04 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Welcome back P elagic
Old 03-15-2018, 07:14 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Just fyi there's a new Soberbus thread if you guys would like to join us.....we're planning a St Patrick's Day pajama party with lots of snacks, coffee (and puppies of course!)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...s-pt-15-a.html (Please stay on the Sober bus - pt.15)
Old 03-15-2018, 08:43 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

. changed my mind

What the post did say was how happy I am for purps that the joy of nieces and nephews at a play was, in fact, enjoyed. That's awesome.

The rest was personal whining.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good night everyone! See ya at startin fluid time!
Old 03-15-2018, 09:28 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Just got on that bus too, Purp. This troubled soul needs to put more effort into their recovery.

It has been gently raining on and off for a few hours. Tomorrow is meant to be around 35C...so humid..yuk. The birds outside are going ballistic with the rain- which has been very low, if not completely absent for months.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:56 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Prayers to you and yours C.
I am beginning to feel as if this place may be a home (where I live). I have been in 'bug out' (apols to MASH) mode. Home making- I actually bought door mats. Still a feeling as if something will go wrong there, but reduced now.
I’m so glad you feel at home! I’m a big believer in “claiming your space.” It’s very empowering to have even one room where you get to decorate it however you want and put all your favorite stuff. Sounds like you have a whole apartment...oh the possibilities!

Things go wrong all the time. You got this though!
Old 03-15-2018, 11:13 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I was getting all carried away with the beauty of your post dear Lillian....you were lulling me.....and then I heard "quiet dog"

Ha! Well, if C.S. Lewis can write about a talking caterpillar smoking a hookah pipe, I can write about a quiet dog.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:18 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Pelagic! Welcome Back buddy!!

Glad you’re here.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:29 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Just returned from a business trip. Safe and sober. The airplane is always a major temptation for some reason. Mysteriously though, I ordered coffee....at 7 pm! Didn’t sleep a wink last night.

I’m tired now. It’s raining here too and that’s rare so I’ll open my window a crack. Time to float away to dream of spring flowers and bumble bees covered in pollen. Achoo!

Nite all,
Lillian
Old 03-15-2018, 11:33 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I've been awful at keeping up here again. No real reason, just letting a lot of things slip lately. I'm back to full time work next week though after some time off for an injury/health issues, and one thing I have learnt about myself is I do not do well with too much time off. Still sober but was just barely functioning in other ways. Anyway, feeling like I'm getting back to life now I'm back to work, so I'm hoping that helps me feel 'part of the world' here too.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:35 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi Pelagic!

Glad you didn't drink Lillian, planes are temptation for me too. Love the sound and smell of rain though, enjoy!
Old 03-15-2018, 11:45 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Hi guys, I've been awful at keeping up here again. No real reason, just letting a lot of things slip lately. I'm back to full time work next week though after some time off for an injury/health issues, and one thing I have learnt about myself is I do not do well with too much time off. Still sober but was just barely functioning in other ways. Anyway, feeling like I'm getting back to life now I'm back to work, so I'm hoping that helps me feel 'part of the world' here too.
Another friend comes home! So very nice to “see” you again immri.

I know what you mean about staying busy.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:51 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi immri
Old 03-16-2018, 02:17 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

HI IMMRI!!!
Old 03-16-2018, 03:10 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good morning all, and thanks for all the well wishes. It's good to see everyone again.

Kiki, 75 days! Yay!

Thirteenth, thanks for forgiving my abruptness. Let's both get this thing done and put it behind us. How about it?

Sam hang in there. How did your therapy work out? I've been in therapy three times, but I never really gave it a chance. I even avoided that! Lol.

Bobbie, yes it's time to try to stop overthinking this. AvPD/depression is the elephant in the room, my nemesis. But despite that psychological fact, which I may or may not overcome, I can overcome the alcohol. It was my medication, but there are certainly better medications for this kind of thing. I looked into AA once. The only one I could find in my small town was NA. I'll look farther afield. I think there might be one the next town over.

Wishing you all a great day. Day one for me.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hi Immri. Great to see you.
We are on Blue Alert at the moment. Cyclone Marcus is headed towards us. Typically now is the time the bottle shop is inundated with folk buying up for the cyclone parties....bottleshops close if the Cyclone gets closer. Couldn't think of anything worse than being trapped and drunk in a house during a cyclone..and then having to deal with a subsequent hangover...no thank you....my how I've changed.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning!!

Welcome back Immri and Pelagic. Happy to have you both home

Purplrks - the play sounds super cute! Glad you went!

Lillian - great win on the airplane!! Go you!!

Thirteenth - happy to see you checking in so often! Stick around!

Well off to work. It pre-St. Patrick’s day here - which means lots of drunk kids getting started early for tomorrow night. No idea why it’s such a big thing here. It’s a German area (so Oktoberfest makes sense) - I guess any reason to drink and act like idiots. Ah well. I won’t be one of them.

Happy Friday!!
Old 03-16-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hi Pelagic..welcome home.
Hope you enjoy Pre-St Patricks Day Sam.
75 days Kiki. You're doing amazingly xxx
Old 03-16-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Just checkin' in. Feel like crap this morning. Some days are better than others. This is an "others"!!!
Old 03-16-2018, 09:55 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

I slept like crap again 😡 Then I had a dream I was being stabbed in an elevator and was trying to scream “help Dad” but my voice wouldn’t work. No more forensic files before bed. As if being stabbed wasn’t bad enough then I dreamt I was back with an old boyfriend and plotting to dump him. Man I was glad to wake up married with 3 kids! 😂 Tonight I am putting a nice peaceful blend in the diffuser!!!!!

Happy Friday!