Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 1

Old 02-01-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I tried to post here, but must have done something wrong--yes, I'm new, just figuring this site out.

I'd like to join this group. It is my first night, and I want to commit. Do I join by just posting?
Old 02-01-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

yep thats all you need to do Muley - welcome to you - and to you CrossYpurHeart

D
Old 02-01-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stress can be a real trigger but there are other ways of dealing with it

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...44-stress.html (Stress)

D
Old 02-01-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Welcome Muley!!!
Old 02-01-2018, 07:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Welcome, MuleyGraves, Crossyourheart, and every other Feb. member!

Tonight was a success! We had a dinner at a nice restaurant where I have had wine several times before. The place was chosen by another party, and I felt fine with it. Had a lovely dinner! No one at our table drank so that was a bonus. I am so pleased to be cozy at home with a clear head after a night out. Keep on it Feb friends.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:25 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

God morning 0800 UK time

Hope that you are all positive and moving forwards smoothly.

I have been trying to change my sleep.times.so that I get to bed earlier and up earlier.
Truith is I am really struggling with the mornings I operate like a sedated zombi for most of the morning. Coffee does not even touch it. I think I could sit on sharp nails and would not even bat an eyelid.
I think that it's a brain thing rather than body.
The best thing that I can say about it is that I'm better than I have been.
The irony is most of my adult life I have been a good morning person with lots.of get up and go.
Happy days😎
Old 02-02-2018, 03:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you'll find things get better Dusty - took me about 3 months to find a new normal

D
Old 02-02-2018, 04:32 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

HI all, new here, day 4 sober for me but determined this time. In the UK so have to get through this weekend with the damn rugby starting which I love and often used it as an excuse for drinking. But not this weekend!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard MuleyGraves and footballmad. Superbowl weekend here in the U.S, we can get through sober. Just have a plan. Well done quit now! Nice thing about not drinking at restaurants, dining out becomes more affordable.
dustitoff, for me it just felt like my body was telling me how tired it had become. It needs time to recover and heal. Eat healthy, go for walks and give it the sleep you need. Soon you will be up at the crack of dawn rested and ready to get ----done!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Dustitoffman: Just the opposite here when I quit. I have tons of energy in the morning, crash about 1:00 and in bed early at night. Anyway, good morning to everyone. Have a sober weekend!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

It's good to see everyone staying strong and positive. Thanks for sharing. I'm on to day 2 and taking it one day at a time. I had a pretty stressful evening yesterday. My first thought was, that figures on the day I decide to abstain again. But I pulled through and I am grateful for that. Part of that was coming here today and being able to write I'm on to day 2. Let's keep it up.

Thanks,
SU
Old 02-02-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 2

Hello everyone!
I'm feeling so committed to staying clean this time. I'm so disgusted at the thoughts of ever touching booze again. I've got my plan in place for the weekend, staying busy with projects around the house!!
Happy Sober Friday!!

Old 02-02-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Starting day 7 today. By bedtime tonight, I will have successfully made a week!
Old 02-02-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all x

its day 14 on not smoking today and picked up my 3rd weeks worth of patches. Still working on days off from drinking and will have a start date on that when more comfortable and have plans and help in place .x

great job on everyone who is staying sober. have a great day and evening xx
Old 02-02-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I wish I had time to list all the new ones out and say "Welcome!". I am so glad you are here. I am on Day 19 (only two more days until Day 21, when the official "It's a Habit Day" arrives. At least, that's what we say when it comes to cleaning eating and fitness!
LOL)

If you all do just one thing for yourselves today (Besides the obvious DON'T DRINK) take a few minutes or moments to reflect on your life. Remember a time when you thought drinking would be an answer and it ended up making things WAY worse. Remember your own personal "rock bottom" and why you decided to quit.

And then, take a minute to look at your sobriety (even if its only been a day) and remind yourself of all the things you have to be thankful for. Tell yourself that those are what is important in life. Those are the things you have been taking for granted and missing while you let a substance control your focus and consume your entire existence. If you are fortunate enough, as I have been, to escape alcohol with loved ones intact, a good job, and a roof over your head, please please please stay strong, because in a few short weeks and days, the relief and joy you will experience knowing that you have been given another chance to make it right is going to hit you. And that thought has brought me to tears several times in these three short weeks. I've missed so much, but I refuse to miss anymore.

Stay strong all and have a blessed, alcohol-free day!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mavie View Post
Good morning everyone! I wish I had time to list all the new ones out and say "Welcome!". I am so glad you are here. I am on Day 19 (only two more days until Day 21, when the official "It's a Habit Day" arrives. At least, that's what we say when it comes to cleaning eating and fitness!
LOL)

If you all do just one thing for yourselves today (Besides the obvious DON'T DRINK) take a few minutes or moments to reflect on your life. Remember a time when you thought drinking would be an answer and it ended up making things WAY worse. Remember your own personal "rock bottom" and why you decided to quit.

And then, take a minute to look at your sobriety (even if its only been a day) and remind yourself of all the things you have to be thankful for. Tell yourself that those are what is important in life. Those are the things you have been taking for granted and missing while you let a substance control your focus and consume your entire existence. If you are fortunate enough, as I have been, to escape alcohol with loved ones intact, a good job, and a roof over your head, please please please stay strong, because in a few short weeks and days, the relief and joy you will experience knowing that you have been given another chance to make it right is going to hit you. And that thought has brought me to tears several times in these three short weeks. I've missed so much, but I refuse to miss anymore.

Stay strong all and have a blessed, alcohol-free day!
Im new, bu that is a brilliant and inspirational post. Thank you
Old 02-02-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by footballmad View Post
Im new, bu that is a brilliant and inspirational post. Thank you
Welcome! I hope you are able to find the strength and determination to keep on keeping on. It is so worth it.

I do not miss those mornings waking up in a fog of hung-over funk with no energy, no passion, and nothing but negative emotions rolling around in my head. I cannot tell you how freeing it is to wake up happy to face the day, happy to see my loved ones instead of rushing them off to work and school so I can get about my drinking and accomplish little to be proud of at my own work.

Alcohol is a mean master. It promises you happiness, then takes everything and gives you nothing but sadness, sickness, and regret. If we can only remember that when it calls our names, and say "Hell NO!!" we will be the better for it.

xo
Old 02-02-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I am hoping to join this group if you will have me! I have three weeks today, so technically I'm part of the January class. But they were a bit ahead of me, and I felt out of step. It will be helpful for me to have some extra support this week, since I often get to the 2/3 week mark and then drop off. I look forward to getting to know and chat with you all

Welcome all the newbies! This site is sort of magical, in my experience so far.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Mavie: Beautiful, thoughtful post. Thank you. I’ve been so fortunate in my journey, to have maintained my family, job, etc. I’ve been shielded by a sibling with a much heavier drinking problem, which has deflected attention away from my own and made me appear to others as though all is well. Just because I can function in day to day life while drinking EVERY night in private, does not mean all is well. I know that, and need to change. I wish I could help my brother, who is younger but has health issues already due to very heavy drinking, We’ve tried, but so far he isn’t interested in changing. I’m going to make sure quitting sticks this time for myself, first, I guess. Rambling now. Later!
Old 02-02-2018, 08:46 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
Hi everyone, I am hoping to join this group if you will have me! I have three weeks today, so technically I'm part of the January class. But they were a bit ahead of me, and I felt out of step. It will be helpful for me to have some extra support this week, since I often get to the 2/3 week mark and then drop off. I look forward to getting to know and chat with you all

Welcome all the newbies! This site is sort of magical, in my experience so far.
I’m doing the same thing (though not as far along as you)! You are definitely welcome to join us. We’re glad you’re here.