Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 5

Old 12-12-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Certainly a different banter going on here. Thanks Brighten for the insight on a business. I completely agree with, "Gotta Love What You Do, The Product, Etc...". I'm going to make some business cards after this work week of 12-hour shifts. I'll post for approval from ya'll.

Badge, whew! Not sure what else to say. :-) I've never had to account for my spending, but I've always been wise w money spending (don't buy unless I have the $$$, no credit card balances----pay them off immediately and only use them for the points).

Wax - did I miss something awhile ago? You just mentioned you have lupus. ?? That is not a good diagnosis...but maybe ok you have an ok stage lupus? I hope you are ok. How is the doggie job?

MyLittleHorsie (luv the name) -- congrats, and yep luv you too!

Thanks GB and Dee.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thank you LuLu, I am just looking at this as another way to build my sober muscles. We finally have our finances also under control, which is nice. We are looking into buying a vacant lot in the next few years in an area that we like, so that it will be paid for and ready for us to build a house when we are ready to retire.

what business are you starting? I must have missed that one. Love new beginnings, clean slates,, scary though,,,,,

Kit- how are you doing? Check in please,

CC, Chloe, have not heard from you two in a while also, missing me some Ba Bams!!

Badge
Old 12-12-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

I finally got a few things bought for Christmas on Amazon this evening. That made me feel good to at least get started on that. I've almost forgot about Christmas being Christmas with all the other things that are going on.

badge I am sure it will be weird keeping track but it sounds like its for a better tomorrow. I am on the frugal train myself with who know what types of expenses coming in the new year due to my being stupid this year. It seems I am always digging out of a hole....

It never really snowed today so I wonder about tonite. I do know it is supposed to be super cold tomorrow morning. Not relishing the thought or reality of winter this year.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Badge - sounds great your plans for retirement. Really nice.

Good night all....Soul, Badge, Wax, Kit(??), Dee, LoveHate, Chloe, DD, CC, Brighten, etc...luv u all. Bob, you deserted us and went to November :-). I'll have to check it out.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Lulu-Went to december. Wasn't trying to desert anyone. I keep having more day 1's and wanted to stay in the current class for the time. Love the Octobers!
Old 12-13-2017, 12:59 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I haven’t been on for a few days was way too busy with work, but off today thankfully.

Dee... You’re right, I can have fun without it. Just need to keep reminding myself of that.
Ready, Lulu, Soul and getbetter... Thank you for the replies.
Soul... I deactivated Facebook recently. It’s such a relief. Mindlessly scrolling through the newsfeed was such a waste of time. The good thing about deactivating it is that I can still use Messenger which was the main thing I had it for.
Brighten... Good luck with the business venture, I wish you the best of luck. I’m not the best at obeying authority in the workplace either but there’s not much way around it sometimes.
Wax... Glad too see you back.
Everybody else... Hope your weeks going good.

The weather is terrible here. I hate going to work in the morning when it’s pitch black and the temperature is icy. I figure I’m going to stop counting how long I’ve been sober too. I feel it makes it drag a little more.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good Mornin All!!

Checkin in on a brisk and freezing morning here in Pa. Ugh, I cant wait to move south!!! Or at least dream of moving south

Still on the sober train but I have my bad days like the rest of us.

My pal is making his homemade wine (Christmas tradition), called me up and said, wait til ya taste this batch... For a second I was like YES!!! its that time of year!! Then I caught myself in the act of looking forward to alcohol so I had to completely change my mindset away from that. Ahh the struggle is real.

Anyway, hope everyone is good. Plus, Santa is coming and yall dont want coal in those stockings

Positive thoughts to all of yall!!

Brighten
Old 12-13-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Lulu-Went to december. Wasn't trying to desert anyone. I keep having more day 1's and wanted to stay in the current class for the time. Love the Octobers!
I know Bob, I was just razzin' ya! Sounds as if you are doing great...and it still makes me smile to know your wife is on the same page now.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Very cold here have dreams of being somewhere warm too BMU. Homemade wine.... wow.... I could see myself having the same reaction. Good for you stopping that little train before it ran off the track!

I can understand you wanting to be with a beginning month class bob... but I can see the flip side of it too of all the peeps that fall down and stay in this class because that's where they started their journey and have the support of people who have followed their posts and know them. Just want to make sure you know you are home here and are part of us.

Santa....
This year is the worst trouble I've been in and the most good I have been in a long time. I don't know what you do with that. I plan to spend a good bit of time in these rooms during Christmas days I have off and also New Year's Eve. I haven't stayed up in a long time cos I'm usually passed out or don't even realize what day it is. I may stay up or maybe not but I know one thing for sure .. I will be a sober human being going into 2018.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Love your post Soul.

This is my last 12-hour shift of 3 days straight. Tomorrow I see a lady for a visit (1 to 2 hours), taking her to Dillards for new lady garments. Then I get to relax for a day.

I'm just riding this new caregiving thing out for now. I really enjoy meeting new people and caring. I do also love taking care of my own situation. This may sound crazy to some of you, but for me it's normal ---- I do have a some funds that I do NOT touch. No matter what. And I will schlep whatever and do whatever not to even start to drain that account. I call it my "kitty account" just in case...and they (my cats) will be taken care of ----- and if I ever EVER get desperate.

One thing....I've been watching the TV here cause it's on all the time. It is so annoying. Only because the talk shows try to make life look so perfect. I gag.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Why is it when cravings hit I keep looking at everyone who's having a hard time and thinking why don't you just have a drink?
Old 12-13-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

yea charlie, it's that convenient quick fix to "be ok". but then we all know how well that works out in the long run. I think I've always been an anxious person (worrier) but in my older years, I think alcohol has made it so much worse. I don't have any constructive skills and my body is really starting to fail me when it comes to bouncing back.

Only because the talk shows try to make life look so perfect. I gag.
I LOL'ed on that one. Yea some of those people on talk shows and by the same token - facebook. Seems everyone is soooo perfect on there.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by charliesworld View Post
Why is it when cravings hit I keep looking at everyone who's having a hard time and thinking why don't you just have a drink?
One drink could = hell?
Old 12-13-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Evening all.

Wax- how are you feeling? Out of hospitals and giving loves to those shelter puppies I hope!

Sober Victor- what are you up to? Ready45 same question,,,,,

Kit! Oh Kit?? sign in please.

DoubleD andBMU you both are sounding good.

LuLu- your cats settling in alright? Caregiving can be so rewarding, but stressful also, so take care of yourself okay?

Soul and to all the rest of my October family, our 2018 will be just fine. I am actually looking forward to the calendar change. A big do over for my screw ups of 2017, smudge out the bad make room for the good memories.

Love ya

Badge
Old 12-14-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hello from the hill

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
Evening all.

October family, our 2018 will be just fine.....

Love ya

Badge
Howdy Partners!
Sorry I haven't been sharing lately.
I've undertaken a construction project restoring an old farmhouse a couple of hundred miles from where I live. I spend most of my week working and living on site.
There's no phone, no wifi and I have to drive up the nearest hill to get my emails through on a very intermittent wireless data signal on my phone. Logging on is a rare treat and I've just read all the posts since last weekend.
My thoughts and good wishes are too many to mention individually now but please be assured they are with you all in both your triumphs and your tribulations.
55 is a number that has featured prominently in my life and today is day 55 for me.
Thankfully sobriety is becoming my new normal.
That's not to day there aren't tough moments and some darker days, but the islands of time dotted throughout my day when I'm not even aware of drinking/not drinking, sobriety/struggle, well those islands are getting bigger. Those mental holidays away from the awareness oh being a recovered drunk are lasting longer.
That's what I mean by a new normal emerging and I'm looking forward to the new year and the new me and the new normal. (am I making sense?). Soon, this phase too will pass and Drunk Victor will be a distant and distasteful memory

Anyway....I can't sign off without acknowledging Souls Santa letter.
It made me smile.... Broadly.....

I think I might try a little letter of my own before long and post it on here....
Maybe some of you all might give it a go too...it might be fun.
Take care.....V
Old 12-14-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by charliesworld View Post
That's the enemy lying to you. He's using it with strength but just remember that you are stronger than is he. He will continue to adjust his attack pattern in response to your behavior. One ***** in the armor is shored up and he looks to find another one. So, in response, we have to continually repair the armor we have on. Just when we think we have all of the damage repaired, in he comes with a new strategy. That's why we have to keep on our toes. Every single day.
Armor of God: Ephesians 6:11-18
Old 12-14-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Checkin in on a nice but cold snowy day here. Im in the Northern part of Pa today for work. Not doing much tho

I counted and today is day 71 for me so that made me happy!!

Much positive thoughts to all of you Octoberites!!!

Brighten
Old 12-14-2017, 08:21 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I’m back. My trip was unbelievable. Still sober. We did nothing but run, run, run. In fact my sister had to go to the ER between the airport and condo in Florida we’re at now, basically for exhaustion and a very swollen sore throat. But they gave her a large one time dose of prednisone at the ER for her throat and she’s ok.

I’m going to need to rest for the day myself.

I had no desire to drink. My sister maybe had a beer with dinner. I didn’t even notice. We were doing 7:30am to 10pm running around and the crashing at the room. If I had a drink I NEVER would have been able to keep that pace. No way.

The Singulair is really working well for all of my allergies now and I’ve been able to loosen the restrictions on my diet. I’m still down south. Warm sun and about 68 degrees, but it’s gping to get into the low 80’s this week.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:39 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I'm exhausted. Lazy day today. Going to meet a recruiter at 4pm as she has been trying to get me hired on as a Project Coordinator for a GC going on almost a month. She just so happens to be here in Austin today so she wants to meet in person. I hope I get this job. I'll keep the caregiving if hired, but keep it at one evening and then Sat and Sun.

Good to see ya'll, SoberVictor, Viper, Brighten, GetBetter, Badge, DD, Dee, Soul, Charlie, ETC (Kit...we miss you). Everyone else who pops in just to read, we know you are lurking and that is good! My posts may be rambling or boring...

Until next time, enjoy your day. And congrats on everyone's days!
Old 12-14-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I’m really tired and I now have a very sore throat. I haven’t been out of bed since I had some breakfast earlier. You guys think this is just overdoing it, after being sedentary for a long, long, time? Then basically running a marathon every day?

I think I got back, my body knows it can rest, and it’s just shutting down. Plus sore throat is not good. Viral I’m sure.