Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 5

Old 12-14-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Probably caught a virus of some sort Viper. Drink a lot of water. Hot tea with lemon and honey for the pain....maybe some ibuprofen. Halls are always a go to...
Old 12-14-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

to all the rest of my October family, our 2018 will be just fine. I am actually looking forward to the calendar change. A big do over for my screw ups of 2017, smudge out the bad make room for the good memories.
I agree badge - here's to smudging out the negatives of 2017 and going on.....

BMU yay for your days and you too victor - your project sounds interesting and also a lot of hard work. The end product should be a rewarding accomplishment. viper take care of yourself - rest some!!! and lulu I will be praying for you to get this job!

I got to help three different people with computer things today and one of the people I work with sent me such a wonderful email, I printed it and hung it on the wall to look at again. She said the way I have been doing things (esp 2 things I recently did) is helping her out, very organized and that she is impressed and grateful for me to be around. It made me smile this morning - inside and out.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Soul - You seem to be so well! I know things are challenging for all of us, but you've got this!

I just got home from interview with recruiters. They threw a curve ball....after meeting me they want to see if I would be interested in working for their company doing recruiting work. I was actually honored to hear that. I guess sometimes I underestimate myself. Can anyone relate? This is the end of the year, so it's a slow time for hiring which is good for me. I need this down time.

My cats are going bat sh^$ crazy right now all excited I'm home. Luv these little buggers. Ya'll would laugh....I now have Nonnie is a cat bassinet on my lap. He was going ape....

Hope you wake up feeling better tomorrow Viper!
Old 12-15-2017, 01:56 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

lulu that is..... wonderful!! I'm impressed at your job opportunities..
I wish that was the way it was around here. I am still worried about losing my job due to my stupidity but I hope that possibility is lessening every day that I am still there. I've worked my butt off in the past and I still am doing that so hopefully I get to stay.
Hope everyone has a great Friday - it is cold here again. Have to make sure the stupid thing is warmed up good this morning. Seems my low battery only flashes a second on startups when it is cold too. I hope everyone gets in safe (and sober) for the start of the weekend this evening.
Sending out a to all you guys ♥
Old 12-15-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
Thank you LuLu, I am just looking at this as another way to build my sober muscles. We finally have our finances also under control, which is nice. We are looking into buying a vacant lot in the next few years in an area that we like, so that it will be paid for and ready for us to build a house when we are ready to retire.

what business are you starting? I must have missed that one. Love new beginnings, clean slates,, scary though,,,,,

Kit- how are you doing? Check in please,

CC, Chloe, have not heard from you two in a while also, missing me some Ba Bams!!

Badge
Ba Bam!
Old 12-15-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Forgot to take allergy pill last night. Hit me when at caregiving. Now in bed sick again, threw up. This is not fun ever.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Lulu I can relate to the allergies. Also underestimating myself. I hope they make an offer on that job! Sounds good! Go for it!

I’m feeling terrible. I don’t really pick up viruses but it feels like I have one. When I get run down it’s like Epstein Barr virus or something comes on. Also the food allergies could be doing this so it’s back to strict basics for a few days and if it clears I’ll know. Slept most of the day again.

I’m pretty sure I’m getting a tattoo down here. I’ve never had one and it’s on the bucket list. The fact is they are 1/2 the cost here in Florida as they are in Connecticut. More like $70 an hour than CT’s $150 an hour. Mine will only take an hour. I designed it in the last few days. A graphic hammerhead shark on the underside of my wrist. Around 5 inches give or take. It’s in a good spot. Not obvious. I’m a Pisces and I want a fish. Not visible with a long sleeve shirt. I grabbed a photo of a real shark in the ocean taken by a diver and made it into a graphic image using software on my iPhone. It took a lot of searching to find the right shaped shark. We’ll see what happens. I’m not going to cry if it doesn’t happen.

Ok. Well I dunno how much time I have but it’s building up. 25 days?

Viper
Old 12-15-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you'll start feeling better again soon LB.
You too Vipe.

Have a good weekend all

D
Old 12-15-2017, 10:35 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!! Took some meds to feel better for a while today but that’s wearing off. Can’t take them a lot.

I’m going up to the tattoo spot tomorrow at noon when they open to talk to them. It’s a very professional place. They take it seriously. I’ll consult at noon and if I like what he says and thinks about it, I’ll put down my deposit and make an appointment. Toward Xmas they get booked solid and after that it’s high season until May. He draws up his best take on it and texts the photos to me as he goes for feedback.

I miss Cuba.

V
Old 12-16-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Feeling a LITTLE bit better, but so groggy and achy...the dizziness is what really wipes me out. Just took 2 Benadryl. Viper and I are neck n' neck with these viruses, allergies, etc. Thanks for the well wishes Dee.

All the best with the tattoo Viper. And your "I miss Cuba" was cute.

Soul - I forgot to say that how awesome to get recognition from others.

Ba Bam CC!

Off to bed for a few more hours. All of a sudden sneezing up a storm. Hopefully my system ridding whatever is in me!

Got a call yesterday from another company for a telephone interview Tuesday.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday folks. Just a quick hello since I haven't posted in several days. Glad to see most of ya'll are still around.

Lulu- Hope you are feeling better and best of luck with the potential new position. A recruiting role could be a great way to apply your coordinating experience into a whole new world! We probably all underestimate ourselves – I know I have for a long time.

Hi Badgerden! Thanks for checking in – still sober here, just a little blah this week. As we all know -this too shall pass.

Victor – that sounds like an awesome project! I work in new construction but would love to do a restoration project. If I were to win the lottery – I’d love to tackle my grandparents old farm house- really good bones. In the meantime, I’ll keep my HGTV addiction going.

Soul – you are such a fabulous member of this page – thanks for all the encouragement and wise words you give to everyone – including me here and PM.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday! I’m off to work in a bit.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes for the interview Lulu

D
Old 12-16-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hello all quick check in. Having Christmas with granddaughters today. Very excited!!
The best part will be being able to remember everything! This sober thing rocks!!

Badge
Old 12-16-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi folks .

The tattoo spot I knew was a real pain in the rear. Oh we don’t do this, we don’t do that. If you want any detail it needs to be 10 inches long, blah blah blah. I wasted a bunch of time in there looking at images on google. They did one thing, they found a silhouette on google images that would work, all black, and larger than I wanted. Otherwise it was bs. Then the guy said, “if you’re having reservations about getting a tattoo, than you probably shouldn’t be getting a tattoo.” He should have said they aren’t capable of doing what I want.

I asked Siri to locate another tattoo studio. I brought in my stuff and the one silhouette on google the first place suggested. The new spot had fantastic reviews on yelp and google. I went in and explained what I wanted and what the other place said. They said “yep we get that all the time about them. We can do that tattoo you want no problem. Hang on...” he in back and grabbed an old school tattoo dude who was really nice and basically read my mind. He was in there for walk in appointments. I asked the customer guy waiting for an artist about the shop and he said it’s the best in South Florida. He showed me his many tattoos from them. The hippy guy said ‘I’m confident I can give exactly what you want. Very confident.’

The hippy did it. It’s amazing. I could not have imagined it better. Perfectly awesome. A nice hammerhead shark from above with some detailed shading but very simple, extremely elegant. Tight hard lines and lovely shading. Under 5 inches long, on my inner, right wrist. I’m very happy. My nephew said ‘That’s Awesome!’ When I texted the photo to him and my sister said it’s fantastic.

I’m back at the condo with Thai Food. My sister went to a huge party for her friend in Miami Beach. I felt that an international party in Miami was not a place I should be.

I rented a car and spent the extra 10 bucks to get an Impala LTE Premium. It’s a badass car. Big engine.

So no swimming and I need to take care of the tat. But I can still keep it covered and do the beach. Put my feet in the water.

Yaayyyyyy. It’s kind of a breakthrough in a way. I did this without someone holding my hand. I went with my gut and my gut was right. It just felt right, and everything fell into place.

2 bucket list items done. Go to Cuba: Check. Get a tattoo: Check.

I’m sure my suffering is from sugar. I’m going to eliminate it from my diet. I’ll be much better. I pinpointed it today.

Viper
Old 12-16-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

viper = awesome!
I could feel you smiling as you wrote that post... I really could and it made me smile too. Ain't it cool when something just comes out the way you have it in your mind? If you are like me that doesn't happen all the time so when it does... well it's pretty amazing. So I am happy for you

and you too badge - can't wait to hear your sober story.

We probably all underestimate ourselves – I know I have for a long time.
ready you are a wonderful person and I can't wait to see you bloom ever bigger and brighter.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Great news Viper! Tattoo is all yours now...

Sober Saturday sounds like a winner all around.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hey, how everybody doing? I haven’t had any urges this week and have been busy so didn’t feel I had much to report.

My brother is home from abroad for two weeks which is great. He told me that we should go for a few beers and I found it very difficult to tell him I’m off it. I feel like a bore and a let down, turning away an opportunity to bond with him. But he understands and doesn’t mind at all.

I’m still amazed at how good it feels waking up on a Sunday fresh and not agitated and in a bad mood with my family.

Viper... I hope you recover well and that’s awesome about your tattoo. It’s on my bucket list to get a tattoo too.

Everybody else... hope you have a good sober Sunday.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

DD - Hope you also have a good sober Sunday. I'm certain the definition of bonding does not include the word beer in it!

Badge, Soul, CC, Viper, Dee, Ready, Brighten, GB - (and of course everyone else) be good and happy day!

Oh, Viper....maybe you can take a pic of your tattoo and post it on your profile page under albums?
Old 12-17-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Had a great day yesterday, lots of fun playing with granddaughters miss them already. Now off to our friends house, the scene of my very last bottles of wine. Kind of nervous, both from shame and i know they will be drinking. But hubby is with me and i have SR close!!

Luv you guys!

Badge
Old 12-17-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

A fine day. A made breakfast and ate on the patio (we’re 12 floors up). My sister came home from her party in Miami practically dead. She’s been fighting a sore throat and virus since before Cuba. She won’t stop running around. Well guess what. The virus stopped her. She went to the Emergency Room again on her way back from Miami and she crawled into her bedroom at 11am, and has not come out. I think she’s been asleep for 12 hours. I can hear her cough sometimes.

I took my rental car out and got some good stuff for the tattoo. Tattoo Goo wash and ointment. 4 times a day. There’s something in it that makes the tattoo more vivid and it already is. They gave me a sample pack that I’m just running out of. The tattoo definately gets a lot darker and looks way better as it goes. It’s supposed to peel so we’ll see what happens.

I hit the beach. Had to cover the tat with a bandage and wore a long sleeve shirt. I pretty much just sat there.

I have a huge, rugged, Northface rolling bag that gave out in Cuba. I called customer service from the beach and explained the whole thing. I don’t believe in lifetime warranties, who really honors that? Well they do because I’ll most likely end up with a new one after I have mine shipped back. I was surprised and glad.

I’m ready to close my eyes for sleep. In bed. Night

Viper