24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 306

Old 10-22-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

24 more please
Old 10-22-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sorry to hear that, JSM. Just remember that this too shall pass. Your sobriety comes first!
Old 10-22-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Keep Going

FormerBeerLover, I thought I'd misread 100 months in your post. Well done!!! Sensational

jsm I'm sorry to hear about all the stuff you're facing. My family were seriously bad, and it's only now with some sober time I can see the full effect they had on me. I hope I can heal, and I hope you can too XX

Weev in for 24 at 1:13pm
Old 10-22-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

"You can’t stop negative thoughts from popping into your head, but you can choose to stop letting them control you and your life."

6:25am in Alberta, today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks..
Old 10-22-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

In for rainy 24.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by kenton View Post

Loving this sober life. For anyone struggling, please please stay strong. It gets so much better. I didn't believe it when everyone said it to me in the beginning but it's true! Like Red said, sobriety allows you to live a life of authenticity and freedom. It's a million times better than the alternative. 24 more hours for me please xxxxx
^^^THIS!! Thanks Kenton, thanks Red!

Life really does get better. Even during the bad and the sad times, I revel in my sobriety. It's the one thing that is ALL mine.

Bandi here and I'm ALL in for another 24. Hugs, peace, strength and love to all....xxxx
Old 10-22-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Congratulations to our fabulous Milestoners!!
Old 10-22-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a great sober day without too much struggle. Looks like a nice Sunday to be sober.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Thanks Pebs have to be there for 10:30am All will be ok
(((Neoo))) Thoughts and prayers for a good outcome for you tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
nmd

In for 24hours sober

Congrats Donnyb, SaturatedSeize, Grateful11, WME3 and FormerBeerLover!
Old 10-22-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to read about everything you're going through JSM. I know Kaneda wrote earlier about a family member with NPD and I know that a toxic family member can cause untold misery that can have knock-on effects for generations.

I know it's so difficult but your sobriety has to come first. Whatever you need to do to let go of that anger... do it. Go for a walk, shout out loud in the middle of an empty field, write down all your angry thoughts and then burn the piece of paper...do whatever you need to do that allows you to accept that you can't change your brother and holding onto the anger will only harm yourself.

I spent years feeling angry at the narcissist that turned my life upside down. What was I hoping? That one day the narcissist would say sorry for all the pain and the lies and the hatred? It will never happen. Letting go of the anger and cutting the toxicity out of my life gave me the strength to be there for the people who are worthy of my time.

Stay strong JSM. You have every right to feel angry but don't let that anger consume and damage you. Try to turn it into strength. That way you can be the best possible support for your sisters xx
Old 10-22-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Go Pack Go....24 more in Packer Land @ 0811
Old 10-22-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
Well, here comes a long post. I need to get this out somehow because it’s eating me up inside. It’s a contributing factor in the last relapse.

I have brother who’s just toxic. I haven’t had any contact with him for a year now. My problems with alcohol pale in comparison with his. He drank and smoked his way into a pacemaker. He didn’t slow his drinking down until he threatened with being fired. He didn’t stop until a doctor told him he’d die if he didn’t stop drinking. He even continued drinking after the pacemaker was put in. He still doesn’t think he’s an alcoholic.

He thinks his siblings are required to take care of him because he got all the bad DNA when he was born. When my mother was still alive, there were times he would lie and con her into giving him money so, he could pay his bills and, continue drinking

A couple of weeks back he called my 66 year old sister and, suggested that she comes to his house once a week and clean, do laundry and go grocery shopping for him. This is on top of everything else that is done for him by his siblings. He makes excellent money and can pay to get these things done for him easily. My sister lives an hour away from him and, is under a lot of stress to begin with.

My sister called after this request was made and told me about it. She was quite angry. About a day later she had a TIA. Two days later she had a full blown stroke. I can’t help but wonder if his request wasn’t a factor in the stroke.

Now it’s come to light that he’s read one book on spirituality. He’s now been born again and, has turned his life over to God. He thinks God can cure everything.

My other sister has severe mental health disabilities. She’s on medication to control her behavior. She always will be. The medicine is a completely nonnegotiable point. She’s stopped taking it in the past and, it’s always turns into a disaster.

Now my brother is trying to convince her to turn her life over to god and, become a spiritual person. Because if she does, God will heal her and, she’ll be able to stop taking her medication. I’m a believer but, Gods not going to cure my sister.

He’s done other equally bizarre things too. I won’t go into those.

Needless to say my anger is through the roof right now. It’s not going away. I laid in bed last night and, thought about this and everything else that’s screwed up in my life and, just started crying. I finally took some PM cold medication to help me sleep.

I'm hoping and praying that this the bottom. I don’t know if I can take much more. All I know is I’m not going to drink today.
(((jsm))) So sorry you're going through this with your family. I can't begin to imagine the worry and responsibility that comes with a special needs sibling.
Family can sure push our buttons. I'm proud of you for choosing sobriety today. Sending you a Huge virtual hug and Lots of Love....xxxx
Old 10-22-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 more. 8:50am. Another gloomy Sunday.

Almost caved in last night, the cravings and AV were stopping at nothing to convince me to drink, and I almost fell for it.

35 days since my last drink and my little girl snuggled up on the couch next to me while we watch cartoons together is the reward for not drinking last night.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, congrats to milestoners, thank you (once again) for all the good that is here and all the people who take time to help others.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 10-22-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
(((Neoo))) Thoughts and prayers for a good outcome for you tomorrow.
Thank you bandi
Old 10-22-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

In for 24
Old 10-22-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
And, checking in for my next 24 too! thanks

Bobbi
The Good Stuff!
Old 10-22-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
9:30 in California and checking in for another 24. I am exhausted after a busy day with my oldest. She had a great race, and I spent the day walking to multiple places on the course to watch different races. The good thing is I ended up with overeat 15,000 steps, and then my Apple Watch ran out of battery.

I came home to find a letter from the DMV stating that my license may be suspended due to lapse of consciousness. It was from when I was walking almost two weeks ago and had the episode of syncope. I need to get paperwork filled out by my doctor, and sign that they can speak with the hospital and access all of my medical records. I am worried they may take my license, and I also don't like the they can have access to my entire medical history. I have to sign that I understand all costs that accrue during this are my responsibility as well. I can add this to the list of reasons I do not like the DMV. I have until November 11th to get he paperwork to the Driver Safety person.

I am not going to worry, and if I lose my license for a bit I will figure it out with friends, family, and uber.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

❤️Delilah
Oh my goodness, Delilah.

I hope that it works out favorably.

Love to you. ❤️
Old 10-22-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vinificent View Post
Zero dark 43 EDT and another 24 for me!
, Vini!!!