Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 306

Old 10-23-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Another beautiful desert morning here; cool and starry. It is 5:27 am in SE Arizona and I'm here for another sober day.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good morning 24s, please count me ALL in for another day of freedom.
Congratulations to everyone celebrating a Milestone!!

Hugs, peace, strength and love to all....xxxx
Old 10-23-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Here's the Brave Girl (and Guy!) post for today. I loved it and hope it helps others today. We are all Brave. Let's keep doing this!

Your daily truth from the Brave Girls Club...
Dear Seeking Soul,

Life is meant to be joyful.

When we allow our worries or challenges to consume all of our thoughts, all of our vision, all of our energy, to suck up all of our joy, all of our heart, all of our goodness, we are not letting anything else in our life have its place or its time.

Often we focus on a problem or an issue (or even allowing someone else to do it)...until it grows so big that we cannot see all of the other things in our lives that exist around it, behind it, above it, below it.

Dear friend, beautiful soul, take that worry from in front of your face so that you can see the people who love you, the way things keep working out, the way the sun rises each morning. Hear the sounds of your life, taste the tastes of your life, remember the things you have already learned and made it through. Remember how you want to feel and where you want to be.

Pick it up and deal with it as needed, but then put it back down and LIVE YOUR LIFE. Life is meant to be joyful.

You are so loved. There is a better way. Always go where the peace is.

xoxo
Old 10-23-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by abcowboy View Post
"At the end of the day what really matters is that your loved ones are well, you've done your best and that you're thankful for all you have."

6:15am in Alberta, it's going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Another 24 for me please, and thanks...
Love today's quote, thanks AB!!
When all is said and done, life is pretty simple. Drinking made everything soooo complicated.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Whew, I just caught up and well, thanks for the giggles

Welcome Downthepath and Whendovescry!! This is a wonderful place to check in each day. Someone is always around and as you can see, sobriety isn't boring or dull.

Pebbles, your new avi is too funny!

Well, off to do something productive today. Love & hugs to all.....
Old 10-23-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I guess you're a Southerner, Pebbles. I normally wouldn't associate with your sort, but in the face of such overwhelming numbers, I don't think we have a choice. ;-)
My brother has Whatsapped me today suggesting that I have a drink because (in his words) I obviously haven't given up for good, so there's no point depriving myself and making myself unhappy.
To be fair, I've lived on another continent for the last 12 years, so he doesn't know that I'm an alcoholic, or that I've given up for good.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Back from Court. All went well hearing is Jan 22nd and looking like it will be District but Circuit is held in the same building but will know tomorrow.

The delay is the guys medical report which they are having a problem locating. So have a good Halloween and Christmas and get this out of the way in the new year.

I dunno what sort of guy my Solicitor had standing in for him hair all fixed look like something out of Miami Vice Thanks for the best wished today
Old 10-23-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Glad it went well Neoo xxx
Old 10-23-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Thanks kenton
Old 10-23-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Here's to 24 more.

Slept better last night and have an abundance of energy today. Time to start building up the excersise again.

Congrats to milestones and everyone else. Hope you all have a good day.

14:31
Old 10-23-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Here's the Brave Girl (and Guy!) post for today. I loved it and hope it helps others today. We are all Brave. Let's keep doing this!

Dear Seeking Soul,

When we allow our worries or challenges to consume all of our thoughts, all of our vision, all of our energy, to suck up all of our joy, all of our heart, all of our goodness, we are not letting anything else in our life have its place or its time.

Often we focus on a problem or an issue (or even allowing someone else to do it)...until it grows so big that we cannot see all of the other things in our lives that exist around it, behind it, above it, below it.

Dear friend, beautiful soul, take that worry from in front of your face so that you can see the people who love you, the way things keep working out, the way the sun rises each morning. Hear the sounds of your life, taste the tastes of your life, remember the things you have already learned and made it through. Remember how you want to feel and where you want to be.

Pick it up and deal with it as needed, but then put it back down and LIVE YOUR LIFE. Life is meant to be joyful.

xoxo

Oh wow.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post

Dear Seeking Soul,

xoxo
Bandi - Thank you for posting this. I needed to hear this message today. What is the Brave Girls Club?

Another 24 for me please.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Good morning SR world

24 more for this soul

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.

—D. H. Lawrence

Sometimes when we feel sorry for ourselves we will sit alone in our bedroom. We may even feel so down in the dumps that we decide to stay there, indulging in self-pity, thinking about how the world is against us.

However, if we use our imagination to step outside our own point of view for a moment, we might think differently. If we were deer in the forest, we would be thinking about keeping safe from the wolves, and where our next meal would be coming from.

The animals have no time to feel sorry for themselves, they are too busy doing what has to be done to survive, and each thing that happens presents a new survival problem to be solved.

When we feel blue, it helps to keep this in mind. If we have the time to feel down, and can get physically comfortable while doing it, how bad can the problem really be?

In what ways is my life comfortable, easy, and full of love?
Old 10-23-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

First 24 hours for me (again ...)
Old 10-23-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

24 is all you need Muffin2. Just do it one day at a time.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Downthepath View Post
I guess you're a Southerner, Pebbles. I normally wouldn't associate with your sort, but in the face of such overwhelming numbers, I don't think we have a choice. ;-)
My brother has Whatsapped me today suggesting that I have a drink because (in his words) I obviously haven't given up for good, so there's no point depriving myself and making myself unhappy.
To be fair, I've lived on another continent for the last 12 years, so he doesn't know that I'm an alcoholic, or that I've given up for good.
To be fair... I did have to type the message to a Northerner through gritted teeth ... You cant get much more Southern than Portsmouth...!!
I suppose it is up to you whether you share the extent of your drinking habits with your brother... everyone on here is different.. some share with pride they are in recovery.. some think it very personal and keep it to themselves...I'm somewhere in the middle , I think its on a need to know basis....
Why on Earth would anyone think the decision to quit the plonk would make a person unhappy ?? Its blinking hard , especially early on.. but I KNOW eventually sobriety will bring Happiness..I just have to get through the fog..
Forget the message..
Chuck it in the **** it bucket ..and move on.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I’m in.

Neoo, I’m stil confident it will all work out for the best!

Congrats to the celebrants and all who are here today,
Old 10-23-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Back from Court. All went well hearing is Jan 22nd and looking like it will be District but Circuit is held in the same building but will know tomorrow.

The delay is the guys medical report which they are having a problem locating. So have a good Halloween and Christmas and get this out of the way in the new year.

I dunno what sort of guy my Solicitor had standing in for him hair all fixed look like something out of Miami Vice Thanks for the best wished today
Glad it wasn't too bad Neoo.
I do have a bone to pick with you though....Flippin Avatar... i'm hooked. !! i'm looking at tour dates... Thinking of getting this cool jacket with the lead singer on.. and my Spotify playlist is just them at the moment. I'm like a teenage superfan !!
P.s ... cool Avatar. xx P.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I made it another 24 hours, and I am on day 30 Here's to many more 24s, god willing!
Old 10-23-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Thanks jsm I hope so mate

Yeah Pebs I am kinda hooked myself they are pretty amazing the way they switch style because they can be really heavey roaring heavy and you think that guy cant sing then smells and let it burn just show you how good he is

I am really glad you like them thinking of getting a t-shirt myself

Thanks Pebs