Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 52

Old 12-27-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Sass!! I'm so sorry I missed it!!! I'm glad to hear you had a nice celebration!
Old 12-28-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Babs, I hope your H can manage to deal with his drinking. Meanwhile, good that you have AA and SR.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:30 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mil continues to improve against doctors expectations. From possibly not living beyond 48 hours, they are now looking to place her in rehabilitation from where, if she continues to improve she may well go back to her room in the OFH! Has all this happened even just a day or two sooner we would still have gone to Spain. I know hubby is frustrated, he is v short tempered with me at the moment and I am trying not to let my own frustrations rear up back at him. None of this is anyone's fault, so no one is to blame, but he really needed this sunshine break and it will be a couple of months before he gets another chance. Not to mention the emotional rollercoaster of what has been happening with his mum, we had all but said our last goodbyes! I just hope I survive his Christmas break!
Old 12-29-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

(((Toots)))!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

((((( Toots )))))) I hear you girl !
Just come here and put your feelings down. It sure helped me from not
ripping off Hubbys head. At least it is still attached the last time I looked.
Seriously---I'm glad your MIL is doing better.
Nothing new hear. Just excepting things for now and some things are just best left un said. My Daughter will grow up some day (maybe).
Have a great day everyone !

Babs
Old 12-29-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

(((Toots)))
(((Babs)))
((((((((Mr. Toots))))))))
Old 12-29-2017, 05:23 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Just popping in to wish everyone a wonderful 2018. I hope you all had a good holiday season.

I'm reflecting back on 2017 and it's been an up and down year:

1. Got married and had a wonderful honeymoon with my wife.

2. Got promoted to leadership at my company.

3. We got bad news about fertility and tried to get pregnant with medicine but it didn't work. We are going to try again in May with a more aggressive treatment (but no IVF) and reassess options then if that doesn't take.

4. We're trying to buy our first house. It's been harder than expected because of lack of options. Hoping to find something by February/March.

5. My 97 year old grandmother and both my wife's grandmothers are not doing well. Seems to be a common thread here lately (sorry for your loss, Babs). All are either in facilities or hospice.

6. We just got back from a great Christmas vacation in Scottsdale, AZ. The desert botanical gardens were beautiful.

7. I got an Apple watch for Christmas and have been working on eating better and exercising more. My goal is to lose 15 pounds. It's hard to eat right and exercise when traveling for work, but I'm running out of excuses.

8. Speaking of traveling, I flew on 36 planes in 2017 and stayed 70 nights in hotels. My goal is to cut that in half for 2018.

9. I've been working on the relationship with my brother. We've never been that close, but a lot of that is my fault from when I was drinking. Things have been getting progressively better over these past few months.

10. I'm not a religious person but I've spent a lot of time connecting to the god of my understanding in 2017.

I am really looking forward to five years in March. Even though I don't post here that much, it's been wonderful being on this crazy journey with all of you.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Glad life is going so well, DD. I hope things go well with your new fertility treatment.

May 2018 bring continued joy and a reduction in your business travel.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:34 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you DD, and good to know things on the whole are going well. Hubby still lives mostly away from home he tries to book hotels with gyms so he can work out there. He says a lunchtime walk helps him keep his steps up too, and it gets him out the office and thinking of something other than work.
Good luck with the treatment in March, I understand your hopes and fears and disappointment all too well.

Babs, don't hold your breath, but whatever happens remember,you can't change her, only your response to her behaviour. X

We are full of the coughs and cold here, very tight chested just now and no snow as an excuse to sit indoors! Will probably go walk the bridge later if it stays dry. It's about 4 mile round trip.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

DD, good to hear from you! Our lives are not always easy but we are infinitely better off than when we were drinking. Infertility is difficult as I know only too well. From the long view, I can share that it can easily become an obsession for some and it does not always turn out well even when it succeeds. I’m finally beginning (!) to accept whatever comes my way.

Even at my age I still struggle between what’s best for me and what I think my offspring needs. I have to learn to let go!
Old 12-30-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I think the gang here is pretty well past need for this but you may know someone who can use this info:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...e-psychologist
Old 12-30-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Very interesting! What an unusual idea to set aside an allotted “worry time!”
Old 12-30-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Administrator

May 2018 be good to all of us

D
Old 12-30-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Why just May?
Old 12-30-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Y'all "may" be stuck with me for New Year. All my family, except me, has some virus brought by my BIL's brother from up north. I didn't catch it but, everyone else is bed-ridden. I had to make a grocery run for the parents earlier.

My sister says I'm too well pickled for viruses. But, she hasn't caught it either.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you're well and in fine spirit Trach

D
Old 12-30-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Good to see you too, Dee.

You seem to be the same strong anchor.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

HI ! DD great to hear from you !
ok here we go again ! ! ! Good lord, when does this madness stop. ????!@#$%^&
Now my Bil is in the hospital. I'm not going to go into it but, he drinks, smokes and has arthritis --so to make a long story short. It's a mess around here lately. Ugh. oh well, ODAAT. Thank you for listening. I feel better just telling you a little bit about it. This is my Hubby's brother so, I will be here for support.
Marchers ! ! ! just so glad your here and lets clean up those awful flu bugs and get everyone up and running again.
Hugs
Babs
Old 12-31-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Hope your BIL soon recovers, it will be tough on hubby so close to your MILS death. Perhaps your BIL going into hospital will shake hubby up and make him think about his own excesses? He had a warning himself recently. Deep breaths love, you know where we are! X

Trachy, glad you weren't floored by the virus, the family need someone to 'Igor around' for them!

Happy 2018 Classmates.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Trachy, that’s a good article. I used to be a major catastrophizer and somehow got past it. I’ve sent that article to a close friend who might find it helpful.

(((Babs)))! I hope 2018 will be an easier year for you. Sending hugs!

Happy New Year!