Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 40

Old 09-01-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

That's really the best attitude to take when it comes to weather me thinks. We'll hope for a bluebird day but keep the umbrellas handy. You'll be lovely Suze. Ladies seem to put such pressure on themselves. Are you going to stream the wedding?

I'll still be in the Taos area on the 23rd. I found this great place on Airbnb that's out in the country and so reasonably priced.....the night sky should be a site to behold. Back to Albuquerque the next day for return flight. I've spent very little time with my feet on the ground in NM. Hoping to see a bit of color in the aspens at the higher elevations.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Gosh that sounds divine Mark. Maybe I could change my plans and join you?

Stream ~ nuh uh. Not even doing video. It's hard enough for me to face the photographs...but I promise there will be plenty of those no matter what I think I look like.

This may not be the appropriate time to explain that, but I'm going to.
It is the secret I am keeping and it's probably time to share.
I know I am attractive....I know because people tell me. Over and over. But I think they are all nuts. I think the truth is that I am very strange looking. All sorts of odd things about me that make me look weird.

I know lots of people feel this way to some extent, but for me it is kind of huge. This has a name....body dysmorphic disorder.

I am aware of it though....and I would never go to the lengths that some go to to fix things, change things about myself. Sometimes I even like the way I look!

But sheesh.....the idea that a day is going to be about me, photographer focused on me.....nothing could terrify me more. Really. Nothing.

So if you have any advice for this crazy chic, it would be much appreciated.
Mostly, I guess that getting this secret out of the dark will help me. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Cheers to you, Suze for coming out on that. I think if you go into thinking it's all about you instead of us and/or family it does become just that, about you. Way stressful! I don't like being center of attention, so a wedding was oh so terrifying to me as well. I remember even asking my Dad for a beer before the ceremony. He refused to give me one and I went into it stone cold sober. To be honest, it was the best way. When I saw my wife everything else vanished. It was just us. I didn't hear the pouring rain and thunder crashing during the vows. I was (we were) in our own little world for a moment.

You'll be fine and unfortunately the day will be over way too fast. To this day though it still remains one of the best days of my life because we made it our own. No one can take that away.

By the way I still have no clue what you look like, but have always invisioned a tall blonde beauty!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Ha.....you beautiful man. ♥

Here is me when I was still drinking....obviously.... (by the way my dad was saying "I thought you had stopped drinking" and you can see EXACTLY how he felt! ).

This is us from Nov 4th I think last year at Scioto River.....I look awful, but I always think that, so....

Nick is much thinner now. He looks wonderful.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Suze, thank you for posting those pictures!

You didn't look drunk in the first one--just a daughter having a spirited conversation with her father!

The later one is also good--your signature, simple ponytail (and the cool shades) give you a timeless elegance look, even though you're dressed casually.

People are right when they tell you you're attractive!

Thank you again for venturing to post!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

What?

Oh yeah, Nick--you look good, too!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

I wasn't drunk.....not yet anyway. That was what I used to think a drink looked like....that would have been no. 1. And thank you....that was very kind of you Gilmer love.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

It is true!
Old 09-01-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Glad to be back to my iPad so I can post. Haven't been able to from my phone for some time.

Wow and congrats to that nice looking couple! I remember you having mentioned long hair Suze. Also nice to see your dad btw.
I would imagine that only ladies can really understand exactly how you feel Suze. I will say that I was quite the late-blooming runt. I was top of my class but complete with very thick glasses until I was about 16. Looked the bookish part for sure and took some grief for it. It's interesting and sad to me how those few junior high years can influence one's self image for a life time. Anyway, enough of that.

Tonight's indulgent meal will be pizza! Tomorrow is a family dinner out with my sweet sis and her hubby along with my mom and stepdad. Seafood I'm told, and then dessert at my sister's place.....maybe just maybe I'll share one of the two caramel cakes I bought today!
Old 09-01-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Have a lovely evening Mark
Old 09-01-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Too late for me to edit, but I'd like to add that certainly now I know there's nothing at all wrong with glasses...the context was just all together different when I was junior high. All three of my kiddos are very near sighted, just like their ole dad.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:34 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Congrats Mark, on making 51 look good!

Speaking of looking good, Suze, all I can say is that you are so very beautiful in ways I'm sure you don't even realize. I had seen that first pic before and told you you're gorgeous, and more so now because you look so happy with Nick. I could carry on about how beautiful you look in photos (which I know is hard for you to accept), but also I hope you factor in how beautifully you exist in the world. You make so many people feel loved. You are beautiful inside and out.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:56 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

I love you Briar ♡
Old 09-02-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Ha.....you beautiful man. ♥

Here is me when I was still drinking....obviously.... (by the way my dad was saying "I thought you had stopped drinking" and you can see EXACTLY how he felt! ).

This is us from Nov 4th I think last year at Scioto River.....I look awful, but I always think that, so....

Nick is much thinner now. He looks wonderful.
Wow; you both look amazing!!!!!

What a handsome couple you make!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Congrats Mark, on making 51 look good!

Speaking of looking good, Suze, all I can say is that you are so very beautiful in ways I'm sure you don't even realize. I had seen that first pic before and told you you're gorgeous, and more so now because you look so happy with Nick. I could carry on about how beautiful you look in photos (which I know is hard for you to accept), but also I hope you factor in how beautifully you exist in the world. You make so many people feel loved. You are beautiful inside and out.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thanks Leigh - did

D
Old 09-02-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Thank you Suze. And as I recall you'll have the same in week or so.

Today is also my 51st. I had a nice gym session this morning feeling good and strong to take my mind off it. Now, however, I'm headed out to a local restaurant and my buy myself a caramel birthday cake from their bakery. A specialty for them. Yummy treat for me. It's quite pleasant out today so I predict a bit of coffee/patio time and a bit of reflection.
Belated , Mark
Old 09-02-2017, 09:17 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
You're going to be in Albuquerque on the 23rd yes?
I think that's what you said....

I also think I need to mention that I had a meltdown last night.
Total and complete terror that I won't be able to be ready for the wedding and that my outfit won't work out and that it could rain....sigh....I went to sleep in tears and Nick was trying so hard to comfort me and tell me it would all be OK...

So, I had a good night's sleep and a while ago I bought 5 giant black umbrellas...if it rains, it rains.
Rain here on our Big Day.

Big umbrellas saved the day; we had a blast!!!!!! Rain dampened nothing but the ground!
Old 09-02-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers.

Sending love to all.

Speaking of rain . . . . .

Those of us in this area are keeping a close watch on Irma.

Praying hard that it will get what she deserves and fizzle BUT

We are beginning to put thoughts into where we may go if she put her sights on our area.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Prayers Leigh ~ stay safe honey.