Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 40

Old 08-28-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Does Conquest live in Houston? I can't remember where in Texas she is. Anyone know?
Old 08-28-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

I wish I knew Briar....I feel like it's Houston. Maybe not the centre, maybe the outskirts.
Praying they are all safe and dry. ♥
Old 08-28-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Yes, what a tragedy. It's so hard to watch the news, I can't stand to see people suffer like that.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
That's outstanding Briar. So nice to see you spreading your wings a bit. You, my friend, have come a long way. I don't think there's anything quite like that climbing facility in this area. Great that you've access to something like that.

It was nice yo see that you're getting back to normal phoebe. I can only imagine how grateful you are.

Leigh and Suze, I hope you ladies are feeling better.

A bit concerned for Conquest and her gang. My Houston relatives are regretting that they chose to say home. They were not under an evacuation order, however the neighborhood streets are now flooded and the water is nearing their home. Stuck. No power etc.. The news reports suggest that roughly half of the potential rain has fallen thus far.

I hope your boys are enjoying the exploration of their new place Arbor.

Hi Dee and happy Monday to you.
I can't believe what I am seeing while watching the coverage in Houston. It's a nightmare.

Prayers for your family, Mark.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I wish I knew Briar....I feel like it's Houston. Maybe not the centre, maybe the outskirts.
I have the same feeling, Suze.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Also worried for Conquest. This flooding is like none ever before. One report described the area it covers to be as large as Lake Michigan.
And to think more rain is falling. . . . . .

Hard to wrap our heads around it.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:54 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Prayers for Conquest and family.

Prayers for your family members, too, Mark.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Are you feeling any better, Suze?

Do you have medicine?
Old 08-28-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.

Good afternoon, Dee.

Love, Peace and Safety.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Are you feeling any better, Suze?

Do you have medicine?
Nick went to CVS earlier and spoke to the pharmacist, and came home with a different cough medicine that actually works! Man, it's unbelievable to be able to breath....and also very good not to scare Nick...this is one heck of a cough/illness. I wasn't sick this long with pneumonia....I know a few of you ladies can relate.

I do have a doctor's appt on Friday, so that's something. Not ideal, but better than not having one. It's not that easy to get in as a new patient.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Nick went to CVS earlier and spoke to the pharmacist, and came home with a different cough medicine that actually works! Man, it's unbelievable to be able to breath....and also very good not to scare Nick...this is one heck of a cough/illness. I wasn't sick this long with pneumonia....I know a few of you ladies can relate.

I do have a doctor's appt on Friday, so that's something. Not ideal, but better than not having one. It's not that easy to get in as a new patient.

So glad that you are breathing more easily, Suze. Thanks goodness.

Really glad to hear that you are going to the dr.!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Thank you love.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:13 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Hope you get help from the doc, Suze. Maybe bronchitis ? I tend to get that and it's the cough that never quits. Exhausting. I hope whatever you have, you feel better soon.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Yes, bronchitis for sure....thank you love. Hope you are starting to feel better....thinking of you all of the time.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

I'm glad our ladies are on the mend!

I myself am nursing some monster bruises. I'm trying different recipes of my own skin cream with lavender and tea tree oils to see if that has any benefit.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hey guys! And yes, I'm in Houston, actually on Lake Houston. I'm exhausted and speechless, but safe and dry with water and power still on. Many that never expected to flood have water in their homes and are without power. They've lost everything unexpectedly. Cowboy has been out boating people from homes since last night. And we have had three families here for dinner tonight, running laundry and trying to keep things as pleasant as possible. I've seen some of the most heart-breaking and also the most heart-warming moments imaginable in the last 24 hours... We just need the rain to stop. But it looks like we're in for another long night of downpours. And even when the rain stops, the rivers will continue to rise for several days. To keep from getting overwhelmed, I'm just taking it task by task and staying very busy while we have still have power. Thank you for thinking of us and sending prayers and good, rain-stopping vibes our way!!! ❤️
Old 08-28-2017, 09:38 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're okay!!! I can only imagine what you're going through. You are wonderful for helping others right now. I hope the rain stops soon!
Old 08-29-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Conquest.....a good way to start the day! I hope you're able to keep power. Kudos for people helping people.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

So good to hear from you and that you are safe and dry, and in a position to help others, Conquest. I hope you make it through this next day of rain!
Old 08-29-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Hey guys! And yes, I'm in Houston, actually on Lake Houston. I'm exhausted and speechless, but safe and dry with water and power still on. Many that never expected to flood have water in their homes and are without power. They've lost everything unexpectedly. Cowboy has been out boating people from homes since last night. And we have had three families here for dinner tonight, running laundry and trying to keep things as pleasant as possible. I've seen some of the most heart-breaking and also the most heart-warming moments imaginable in the last 24 hours... We just need the rain to stop. But it looks like we're in for another long night of downpours. And even when the rain stops, the rivers will continue to rise for several days. To keep from getting overwhelmed, I'm just taking it task by task and staying very busy while we have still have power. Thank you for thinking of us and sending prayers and good, rain-stopping vibes our way!!! ❤️
(((((Conquest))))))

Blessings to you and your family and those you are helping.

Stay safe.

Thanks so much for checking in!!!!!❤️