Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 40

Old 09-04-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Well the long weekend is wrapped up. Caramel cake for breakfast was followed by gym time and then a long afternoon run and return to sensible eating. The weather was more pleasant than usual and that was nice....a 'cold' front may even get the nights into the 50s by Wednesday, Oh how I enjoy the first hints of autumn.

Wishing each of you the best week! And a fizzling week for Irma.....

Goodnight Leigh and hello Dee. Shower time here and then a travel show on Netflix in bed until too sleepy to watch anymore.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Well the long weekend is wrapped up. Caramel cake for breakfast was followed by gym time and then a long afternoon run and return to sensible eating. The weather was more pleasant than usual and that was nice....a 'cold' front may even get the nights into the 50s by Wednesday, Oh how I enjoy the first hints of autumn.

Amen!!!!

May she fizzle!
Old 09-04-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Caramel cake for breakfast!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hi gang. Catching up. Beautiful pictures, Suze, and a good looking couple!

Conquest, I am glad that you were spared and can be helpful to others. The devastation is beyond anything I can imagine.

How are you feeling Leigh? I hope you are not hit by this hurricane coming at Florida!

I am doing ok. More better days, peppered with some rocky days, but doing ok. I was on my own with the dog for the last 4 days, while the rest of the family traveled to see family and Syracuse University. I had the job of entertaining the dog as much as a family of 4 does, and he was bored. LOL. I did my best to tire him out each day.

Been busy getting ready for back to school, which is tomorrow. Getting school supplies, laundry done, a few new bits of clothing, and need to go get lunch food.

Trying to organize and purge too, before we do some renovations. We have finally committed to doing it, have hired an architect and have a builder lined up. Waiting on drawings and refinement of those, and then I think things start happening. Not sure how long those drawings take, though. It has been a few weeks now. It is exciting, though.

Hope everyone is well!
Old 09-05-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Hi gang. Catching up. Beautiful pictures, Suze, and a good looking couple!

Conquest, I am glad that you were spared and can be helpful to others. The devastation is beyond anything I can imagine.

How are you feeling Leigh? I hope you are not hit by this hurricane coming at Florida!

I am doing ok. More better days, peppered with some rocky days, but doing ok. I was on my own with the dog for the last 4 days, while the rest of the family traveled to see family and Syracuse University. I had the job of entertaining the dog as much as a family of 4 does, and he was bored. LOL. I did my best to tire him out each day.

Been busy getting ready for back to school, which is tomorrow. Getting school supplies, laundry done, a few new bits of clothing, and need to go get lunch food.

Trying to organize and purge too, before we do some renovations. We have finally committed to doing it, have hired an architect and have a builder lined up. Waiting on drawings and refinement of those, and then I think things start happening. Not sure how long those drawings take, though. It has been a few weeks now. It is exciting, though.

Hope everyone is well!
Glad that you are experiencing more frequent better days, phoebe.

Feeling a bit better. Still don't have results.

Looking more ominous for a hit of some sort from Irma but things could still change - praying and preparing!
Old 09-05-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers
Old 09-05-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Love, Peace and Health, dear ones.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you phoebe. Almost a month into school here and glad those first few weeks are behind us. Your reno project should be fun. A turning of the page now that your kids are older and the family's needs have changed. I've tentatively set my mind on some updates around here in a couple of years. Not moving walls, mostly kitchen and bath remodeling. New interior paint etc.. Wife wants to replace the carpet upstairs with hardwood, but I'm afraid it would be loud and am not on board yet. Anyway, if we sell this place the updates need to be done and wife is ready for an update either way.

Leigh, looks like Irma didn't fizzle as hoped, and a wary eye is cast her way. I hope your preparations are going smoothly. Don't forget to secure your lawn/patio furniture. Katrina put our kid's trampoline up an oak tree.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you phoebe. Almost a month into school here and glad those first few weeks are behind us. Your reno project should be fun. A turning of the page now that your kids are older and the family's needs have changed. I've tentatively set my mind on some updates around here in a couple of years. Not moving walls, mostly kitchen and bath remodeling. New interior paint etc.. Wife wants to replace the carpet upstairs with hardwood, but I'm afraid it would be loud and am not on board yet. Anyway, if we sell this place the updates need to be done and wife is ready for an update either way.

Leigh, looks like Irma didn't fizzle as hoped, and a wary eye is cast her way. I hope your preparations are going smoothly. Don't forget to secure your lawn/patio furniture. Katrina put our kid's trampoline up an oak tree.
We started bringing things inside today.

We will bring the rest in tomorrow.

Tomorrow, we will also be helping our neighbors install their hurricane shutters.

We opted for high impact glass when we built our home, as did a few other neighbors. They will be put to the test!!!!!

It appears as though we will be evacuating Thursday afternoon or evening.

I am becoming officially frightened.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.

Pleasant dreams.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Wishing you a lovely day, Dee.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Gosh Leigh, I knew the keys were evacuating but didn't realize it was more widespread than that. Looks as though you're doing all you can reasonably expect to do, then get the heck outta there. No where to go but north I guess. Not a pleasant prospect but goes with the territory as they say. Have you been able to secure lodging while away?
Old 09-05-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers Leigh - stay safe.

D
Old 09-05-2017, 06:58 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Gosh Leigh, I knew the keys were evacuating but didn't realize it was more widespread than that. Looks as though you're doing all you can reasonably expect to do, then get the heck outta there. No where to go but north I guess. Not a pleasant prospect but goes with the territory as they say. Have you been able to secure lodging while away?

Miami-Dade will likely also have evacuations in place by tomorrow.

While we are not in Miami-Dade, we plan to book (tomorrow) a hotel in Georgia for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday night.

Still praying Irma will head back into the Atlantic.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Prayers Leigh - stay safe.

D
Prayers are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dee.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Mark, I forgot yesterday...I realized I'd missed your birthday! Happy belated Birthday! I hope it was wonderful, young man!

Leigh, I watching the morning news show, and it's all hurricane coverage. I'm very worried for you and everyone in its path! I've another friend whose parents and in-laws are in its path, and she's working hard to convince them to come to her home in GA. I'll pray for your safety, and for your community.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:13 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Mark, I forgot yesterday...I realized I'd missed your birthday! Happy belated Birthday! I hope it was wonderful, young man!

Leigh, I watching the morning news show, and it's all hurricane coverage. I'm very worried for you and everyone in its path! I've another friend whose parents and in-laws are in its path, and she's working hard to convince them to come to her home in GA. I'll pray for your safety, and for your community.
Thanks so much, sweet phoebe. Your prayers are very, very much appreciated.

My husband us now vacillating as to whether to make hotel reservations or even evacuate. I am trying to respect his logic (our home is built to the latest, most stringent hurricane standards; we have high impact glass doors and windows, etc.) but I may, nonetheless, lose my mind today.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:14 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Good morning, Octsobers.

Have a lovely day, all.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Sleep well, Dee.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Morning guys.

Will keep you in my thoughts, Leigh. Thinking a category five is worst case scenario? Not sure staying where you are is an option even with the latest build technology. Best to prolly just play it safe and get out of there.