p***enger

Thanks Dee!
Old 07-18-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks from me, too, Dee!
Old 07-18-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow.
Got in the poop thinking yesterday evening. Bummed about blah blah and whatever. 100 or more forms of fear, all it is. For me, me more like a thousand ( read that on here once, and it fits !)
I live in a steep area in some mtns, so jogging outside is no go. Hit the treadmill this morning and though it wears this body down fast with its issues, it sure does help free the mind.
I can't go to meetings much in summer school break because 2 little boys are too much, but I sure am glad to have your posts on here to think on.
Appt today !! ( expecting not much), but Thankful again for progress. Progress not perfection.
All those sayings and slogans seemed to be nothing a year and a half ago.
Now I'm comforted by the sense that they make.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
p***enger

The slogans *are* soothing. They ring true so often and help me smile, remembering how many other people have shared my little trials. Sometimes I even remember to remember how silly I am -- all this kerfluffle over drink and a few worries. Rule 62.

I'm off to the Shore for a few days. I'm expecting it to be too hot to think straight, let alone worry. I hope everyone stays well

And sober

xxxooo
Old 07-18-2017, 08:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Have a great time at the shore, Cour.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I hope you have fun at the beach Courage! Of course I had to!
Old 07-18-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Del - Looks like you found some nice peace in the storm on a day full of difficult milestones. That's all we can do!

JL - Im glad you had a good day.

I agree with Courage; those slogans unite us.

It's nice knowing I never have to go it alone!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

JL, I too pull up pages of alcoholic quotes and sayings from time to time. Like Courage said, they remind us that though the journey is new for us, the path is well worn by those who preceded us in recovery.

Best wishes for a great day all!
Old 07-19-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bon voyage Courage
Hope everyone else is having a good day

D
Old 07-19-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yup. Fine. No news is good news!

Hope all is good with you!
Old 07-19-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good here Gilmer thanks

D
Old 07-19-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Another day, another opportunity to say the serenity prayer. Pressure is ramped up at work. I see the kinks in my armor as I get flustered over this and that. Grateful for a way of life that offers me self examination AND the opportunity to make real change on the spot. I found myself frustrated over things going on and seeming others to commiserate with. Then I remembered I don't need to live angry anymore! It feels amazing to acknowledge what I'm doing wrong, drop the rock, and move on in a good, balanced direction.

I wont say the next steps were easy: I asked my boss for advice. Admitting vulnerability can be a challenge for me. I think it offers opportunity for growth. It shows my boss that I'm coachable. I get to learn lessons from someone more successful than me. I can also work through my problem.

My underlying issue I think is mistrust of my peers and leaders. That is some deep seated alkie stuff! I didn't get here overnight. I realized it in a sudden poof of magic, likely the result of saying the serenity prayer and opening myself up to the wisdom I asked for in it.

That's the way my recovery has worked: bursts of inspiration and lots of legwork leading up to it.

Have a good sober day everyone!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good trip for you Courage!

Great post Glee. True true also. The job I have now is the first I've ever had, that I've been more vulnerable with the boss. God only knows what I've looked like to bosses over the past 20 yrs ! Lol. Definitely not overnight.
Thankful today for a Powerade zero. I killed the whole thing fast, and it was so good. Like jello koolaid or something. On a hot day it was welcome. I know, silly, but I'm tired and glad to have got to the gym after work. Hugs
Old 07-20-2017, 02:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

JL!

I LOVE Powerade Zero, especially Mixed Berry flavor (Fruit Punch is a close second).

That really was a wonderful post, Glee. It's excellent that you've developed the ability to "make the change on the spot." Usually I have to chew on things for a good while afterward before I can resolve them in my mind.

I had heard of the term "dropping the rock" before, but I'd always associated it with letting go of long-standing personal grudges and deep anger; it never dawned on me that it could also be applied to everyday frustrations.

And that everyday frustrations can be not merely dealt with, but completely dismantled and disarmed on the spot with a quick self-examination.

Often I don't have the presence of mind to stop and examine myself before acting.

I've gotten into the bad habit of mechanically doing the proper thing-- then fuming bitterly the second I walk away. It would be great to be able to defang the bitterness before it starts instead of afterwards, when I tend to replay (and exaggerate) the scenario.

Thank you, Glee!
Old 07-20-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Great thoughts Glee. I feel that I have been exactly where you are regarding work. I think I also suffer from a mistrust of peers and my boss at times. Though we all have differing work styles, we are all striving to attain the same goal. Admitting that I don't know and asking for help is not always easy for me. Unfortunately, my current boss tends to lead in a reactionary manner, without giving things deep thought at times, so I have to be careful when asking for assistance or opinions on self improvement. Learning to ask for help from my peers has been a growth opportunity for me for a long time, and is still a work in progress at times.

Keep cool everyone!
Old 07-20-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My brain is reading and processing everything by way of nodding in understanding and coming up with zero intelligent responses.

SO, I will say, good day to all you awesome people,
tired but no drinking today!
Old 07-21-2017, 03:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a great Friday, gang!
Old 07-21-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It remains very hot and humid in these parts. I hope you are enjoying the ocean breezes Courage!

I had to help cover another store Wednesday night when they found themselves short on managers. Today is my comp day off. Hopefully can get some of my many "to do's" crossed off my never ending list. I am not sweating it though. One thing at a time.

How's Fran doing FBL?

Hope you're doing alright Del.

Have a great day all!