Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-18-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, just checking in after being gone camping since friday- day 16 here.

Feeling ok. This is about the time my AV starts going crazy again telling me that since my body feels so clean and healthy that having "a glass" of wine or a cold beer on a sunny Summer day would be fine. Well, it definitely doesn't work like that for me- I know once I drink I feel like crap the next day and just drink again, and again until I hit bottom again.

My older kids are all with grandparents until the end of this week on vacation so I'm a little worried about boredom at home while my husband is at work- that's a huge trigger for me. I'll definitely keep checking in on here this week.

Welcome to all of the newer people, this group has been awesome! I'm so grateful to read and catch up with where everyone is at and feel the support in that we all share the same goal- to make it through today without drinking.

Have a great Tuesday everyone
Old 07-18-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 2, slept OK but woke up way too early so went to the gym.
Nice to be clear headed and confident. The AV was SCREAMING
at me for the first couple hours after getting home. Actually got
kind of shaky and put my hand on a bottle pour "just a little."
But I didn't, and now I am glad.

Best to all of you!
Old 07-18-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I don't know that I could even handle alcohol being in the house right now. Nice work resisting the urge!
Old 07-18-2017, 10:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks. It wasn't easy. GF got happy after a stressful day,
so it was good for her . . . and it didn't bother her that I wasn't
joining. As long as I didn't complain too much about The
Bachelorette!
Old 07-18-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Day 17 check in - wow on part 2 already!

Hope to still be posting about being sober on part 102 and beyond. Just taking it one thread at a time.

Catching up with everyone's posts. So many now! A lot of people in the class now starting to hit double figures. Well done to all.

Thanks for the links at the start Dee. Some good stuff in there. Will more than likely need to do some surfing in the next few weeks.

Was a bit concerned to read the bit in the original article though, where she mentions cravings vanishing after 2 months. Is this the going rate? I haven't found this to be the case on the rare times I have made it past 1-2 months. Actually managed a five month stint a few years back (my longest ever and the one to beat) and was still getting fairly strong drink urges even in the fifth month. But I suppose everyone is different in progressing.

Hello to todays newbies
Old 07-18-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Still sober this evening - Day 2 nearly over. I just haven't stopped eating all day today. I'm not in control of what I'm eating either which isn't like me. Even though I slept well last night I have still been tired all day today and have no motivation to do anything. I have a counsellor appointment tomorrow morning so at least I will get out of the house. Will be going to bed shortly to read - so will catch up tomorrow on Day 3 X
Old 07-18-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hello all. I'm on day 10. I was shorting myself a day ...counting days can be annoying lol..so I don't blame those who don't... However i do like it as it keeps me on my toes & love big numbers (when I get there. ) I had over 4 months this year and I want that and much more again. I hope everyone has a fab sober day n evening! Heading to an AA meeting later to get outta my head.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Starting day 11.

Feeling meh. Wide-eyed and busy tailed is not how I'd describe myself at present. Think I felt better last week, even physically my bloat seems to have returned.

Again, had massive cravings at work and despite knowing that I wouldn't act on them they were deeper than I'm comfortable with. I believe that if I didn't work sobriety would be so much easier.

I like counting days, at least initially. It gives me goals and feelings of achievement. I can compare what I would have drank against a big fat zero. After I get to 100 days I naturally stop complaining counting. To each his own.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Starting Day 3 & feeling annoyed I got woken up early.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just ticked over to day 14, I'm pretty shattered now so heading to the dream world. Felt a bit weird this evening like I've been discarded by old friends because I'm trying to clean up my act, I guess they were never real friends anyway. On to the next day! Goodnight everyone.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestones everyone. To those doing it a little tough remember this is not the best it's going to get - it gets better

Welcome back Erratic - any ideas on what you might do differently this time?

D
Old 07-18-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Survived the "bonding" meeting. Don't feel "bonded".

That's fine.

I'm sober, and will stay that way.

So there!
Old 07-18-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeanFox87 View Post
Just ticked over to day 14, I'm pretty shattered now so heading to the dream world. Felt a bit weird this evening like I've been discarded by old friends because I'm trying to clean up my act, I guess they were never real friends anyway. On to the next day! Goodnight everyone.
Friends do not discard friends. If that's the case you are right the are not your friends. And they are doing you a favor. I went through that on my first real go sobriety in 2013 and I felt so unloved and rejected. My true friends supported me and still hung out with me. Now I'm like the less friends the better. I have SR. Lol
Old 07-18-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi another class of July newbie asking to join. Just starting day three and awake at 01.49 in the morning with an almighty urge...To get a bloody flamethrower to kill the mosquito attacking me!
Old 07-18-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Taevans64 View Post
Hi another class of July newbie asking to join. Just starting day three and awake at 01.49 in the morning with an almighty urge...To get a bloody flamethrower to kill the mosquito attacking me!
Just managed to exterminate the mozzy, hopefully this will mean I can get back to sleep. See you later
Old 07-18-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Taevans64

D
Old 07-18-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Well I went back to sleep for an hour and I feel much better now. Ready for a good Day 3!
Old 07-18-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Just checking in again today. I had a feeling this would happen, but the craving to drink is so real right now. My husband is a football coach and I forgot he was coming home late tonight, so it's just been the baby and I all day at home. We dropped my car off at the shop this morning so I've been stuck at home all day (which honestly is probably a GOOD thing today).

I'm not going to drink today, but just needed to say that it sounded good at the moment. My AV is telling me all sorts of crazy lies- the favorite seems to be "you've had plenty of times where you moderated your drinking.. you can have just a couple today". UGH. Lies!
Old 07-18-2017, 07:22 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober81 View Post
Well I went back to sleep for an hour and I feel much better now. Ready for a good Day 3!
GO Sober!
Old 07-18-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hns0685 View Post
Just checking in again today. I had a feeling this would happen, but the craving to drink is so real right now. My husband is a football coach and I forgot he was coming home late tonight, so it's just been the baby and I all day at home. We dropped my car off at the shop this morning so I've been stuck at home all day (which honestly is probably a GOOD thing today).

I'm not going to drink today, but just needed to say that it sounded good at the moment. My AV is telling me all sorts of crazy lies- the favorite seems to be "you've had plenty of times where you moderated your drinking.. you can have just a couple today". UGH. Lies!
You got that right: LIES!