Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-18-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober81 View Post
Welcome CrossYourHeart, a day a head of me! Lets do this.
You're on, my friend! Stay strong and let's do this.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hns0685 View Post
Hey everyone, just checking in after being gone camping since friday- day 16 here.

Feeling ok. This is about the time my AV starts going crazy again telling me that since my body feels so clean and healthy that having "a glass" of wine or a cold beer on a sunny Summer day would be fine. Well, it definitely doesn't work like that for me- I know once I drink I feel like crap the next day and just drink again, and again until I hit bottom again.

My older kids are all with grandparents until the end of this week on vacation so I'm a little worried about boredom at home while my husband is at work- that's a huge trigger for me. I'll definitely keep checking in on here this week.

Welcome to all of the newer people, this group has been awesome! I'm so grateful to read and catch up with where everyone is at and feel the support in that we all share the same goal- to make it through today without drinking.

Have a great Tuesday everyone
I've experienced the same in past attempts. After a few weeks of sobriety, I'd figure, "obviously I don't have a problem if I can stop for this long whenever I want to." Heh. It's a trap! I'm also with you on when the spouse is working at night: that's when it can be tough. I think (for me) it was because I could drink "one more" without feeling judged. That can be a tough situation in which to stay strong.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a good and sober night. Stay strong! You deserve it.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Well this is the third time I have tried updating - first time I lost power due to a thunderstorm knocking the electric off and then the second time when I went to use my mouse on the lap-top it was zooming in and out all the time.

Just checking in on Day 3. I had a good nights sleep last night - did wake up in a sweat at one point but don't know if that was a withdrawal or if it was because it was hot in bed last night.

I haven't left the house in 2 days - I have been so lazy. I have just showered and washed my hair as I have a counsellor appointment this morning. I will even put some make-up on today. Later on I'm giving a friend a lift to a garage to pick up her daughters new car - will probably have a coffee together after.

I will check in with you all later - Happy Wednesday Julyers X
Old 07-19-2017, 02:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day 3 wasn't much fun to begin with. Just felt totally flat for a few hours and probably looked the same. Mood went up and down for a while after that.

Went for a bike ride to buy some nice chicken to use for dinner. As I got to the shops I saw Wild Turkey on sale. Settled for a bottle of Cold Turkey (water) instead.

Oh well, I thought I might be shaking and shivering when I quit. So far no bad symptoms that anybody in public is going to notice, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Have a good one all.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:39 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning July 2017 class. Thanks to each and every one of you for sharing your progress and your feelings. Not only is it healthy for you, it's healthy for each of us, knowing that we are all in this together. My new morning routine is pouring a cup of coffee and heading downstairs to the computer to check in with my friends. I hope today finds everyone well and continuing the quest for sobriety, undeterred. Sobriety is our #1 priority.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 12, so far so good. AV is already asking when I'll be able to drink again though.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

I'd like to join the class of July too, I was in the May class and managed ten days but drank a lot through June and continued into this month but I'm ready to start over now.

Look forward to getting to know you all 😀
Old 07-19-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Originally Posted by TheProdigy View Post
Day 12, so far so good. AV is already asking when I'll be able to drink again though.
Nice day 12 !!
Tell your AV to "Take a Hike!"
Old 07-19-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hi Nyah30
Welcome!!
July is a good month to begin too!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks again for the support guys, i cant tick the thanks button as im mostly on mobile phone. But your words of encouragement don't go unnoticed..

Day 3 in the bag, going to have an early night and play some Nintendo Switch..
Looking forward to tomorrow, I got some handman work on. Bring it on..
Old 07-19-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Reached 14 days 'again'... This is usually when justifications to drink again kick in. Funny, took my son to see a nutritionist yesterday and as she was talking to him about the dangers of sugar I was replacing sugar with alcohol. Then she started telling him all things in moderation. You have to live. I was again relating that to alcohol. Funny how AV works!

Had a drinking dream last night. I was at a social setting, had grape juice in a wine glass. Ran into a friend that had long term sobriety only she was drinking beer and since she saw my wine glass she wanted me to drink with her. I panicked in my dream and then woke up... Crazy dream...
Old 07-19-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all

Late stopping by as HAD to go out for a cooked breakfast, followed by packing for my upcoming move and then a nice looooong shower.

And then Sunset Boulevard (1950) and now on here while watching Tremors.

Quick apology in advance - I am away Thursday - Saturday and then away Sunday to Friday with move day of Saturday. If I forget to take my laptop with me, I probably won't be able to come by.

In which case ..... this is a week and a half's worth of - hang on in there, every hour sober is an hour in the right direction x
Old 07-19-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good Morning Class of July 17. It's great to wake up sober. Looking forward to a productive day and finding a way to not be so darn tired this evening without whiskey. Be strong today everyone!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'm not sure if I joined this class or not. It feels like I've been in just about every class since I joined SR. Surely one of these days sobriety is going to stick.
I had 4 days last week and then drank over the weekend. Not going to make the same mistake this weekend.
I stocked up on fruit, Gatorade and sparkling water yesterday.
Sleep hasn't been great, but I know that will get better very soon.
I am so ready to be sober and get on with life.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart View Post
I've experienced the same in past attempts. After a few weeks of sobriety, I'd figure, "obviously I don't have a problem if I can stop for this long whenever I want to." Heh. It's a trap! I'm also with you on when the spouse is working at night: that's when it can be tough. I think (for me) it was because I could drink "one more" without feeling judged. That can be a tough situation in which to stay strong.
I know- it really is the insanity of this drinking thing! I agree- that's totally it, that I could have one (or 4) more without feeling judged at all. I did make it through though! Thanks for sharing, it's good to know I'm not the only one who's felt like that.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Quick check in- 17 days sober today. Feeling OK- a bit shaky because my AV is basically yelling at me that "no real alcoholics can quit for 17 days straight" hahaha... But I did not drink yesterday, and I will not drink today! Busy day planned ahead so that's good. Will check in later.

Everyone have a wonderful and sober Wednesday!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Mornin' Jules!

Back to the "bonding" exercise. Sigh. Why can't we just go to work. I shudder to think about the 1000's of dollars in salary/time that's going to this . . . .

But, again, it won't drive me to drink! My main goal is to keep cynicism and sarcasm in check.

Hang in there y'all. And put the AV in timeout!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day 3, along with Sober, Susie, Ruba, and one more.

But thanks to ALL of you for the constant reminders why this
is so worth it. Woke up too early again, but at least didn't wake
up on the couch like the GF, even earlier, and unable to get back
to sleep. Man is she miserable today. (She had about a bottle or
more of strong red wine). Even a bit tired I look better than I
would if I had joined her.

Tip for anyone that uses a Fitness Tracker - check out your resting
heart rate. It is so directly correlated with how much you drink,
and how much fatty/salty food you eat, it is incredible. With no
drinking for a few days mine is dropping like a rock, probably under
50 by the weekend. Probably also directly correlated to BP, so
I'm not only saving myself from a heart attack, but looking better,
feeling better, saving money, and living longer. So why does the
AV still talk to me?
Old 07-19-2017, 07:59 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Dang, just lost my post.....on mobile. Well, anyhoo, Im at day 10 today! Happy to be hittin double digits, finally again.

AV stopped by for a visit last pm. I told it Im not playing with you today, after how badly you treated me last time. Hehe, end of story. So happy Im sober today.

Everyone is doing awesome, keep it going!