Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 38

Old 06-13-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday all.

A heavy work load it is but if I don't work I can't play. I like to play. Hi ho hi ho.....

Wishing each of you the best day..
Old 06-13-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Happy Tuesday all.

A heavy work load it is but if I don't work I can't play. I like to play. Hi ho hi ho.....

Wishing each of you the best day..
Happy Tuesday, Mark!!!!

The best day to you!!!!!
Old 06-13-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:59 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Love to all.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Appointment went as expected. Although I'm a little down because it sounds like a problem that will come and go and I'll be on meds for it throughout my life... There are many others that deal with much worse day to day. But it totally stinks when your body won't cooperate with your plans and wants. Grrrrr...Reminding myself today of how much better I am than a year ago. And also looking back to 2014-15, some of the healthiest time of my life, physically and emotionally. If I've felt that way before, I am confident I can get there again. It's just taking longer than I want it to!

On another note, our bimonthly Big Junk pick-up day is tomorrow. (That's when the city sends out a huge crane to pick up any and everything you put by the curb.). So, I've come home a little early to drag clutter to the curb. Would you believe that we are still sorting through a packed garage since my move-in a year and a half ago? This should be the last of it. Phew!
Old 06-13-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Appointment went as expected. Although I'm a little down because it sounds like a problem that will come and go and I'll be on meds for it throughout my life... There are many others that deal with much worse day to day. But it totally stinks when your body won't cooperate with your plans and wants. Grrrrr...Reminding myself today of how much better I am than a year ago. And also looking back to 2014-15, some of the healthiest time of my life, physically and emotionally. If I've felt that way before, I am confident I can get there again. It's just taking longer than I want it to!

On another note, our bimonthly Big Junk pick-up day is tomorrow. (That's when the city sends out a huge crane to pick up any and everything you put by the curb.). So, I've come home a little early to drag clutter to the curb. Would you believe that we are still sorting through a packed garage since my move-in a year and a half ago? This should be the last of it. Phew!
Will you be on meds only during flare-ups, Conquest, or are the meds for maintenance ?

A City clean-up day sounds fantastic!!!!! A good clean out is so therapeutic!!!!
  # 287 (permalink)  

Goodnight, good day to all.
  # 288 (permalink)  

Sounding positive, Conquest. Stay the course! Amazing things can happen when you least expect them too.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Love and peace, too.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Having alcohol around, especially in early sobriety, adds a very challenging element to our efforts.

My husband is a normal drinker and I didn't want to deprive him of his occasional beer or glass of wine or two. Knowing that exposure to alcohol in my family was a given and a certainty, I used our home as a proving ground. As the scope of my life was very limited at the time (as a caregiver), my exposure to heavy social or alcoholic drinking was blessedly limited. I was, thus, able to build a few sober muscles before family gatherings.

Being around heavy drinkers was initially difficult but it poses no serious problem now. I do have more exposure now in our new life but escape plans are always easy and handy

It will get easier, Arbor, as time goes on and those rewards of sobriety continue to build and become more evident, I promise.

Thanks, Leigh. Wouldn't exactly say I'm early into sobriety, but I'll take it for what it's worth!

You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes but never regret. People change, things go wrong, but just remember life goes on!
Old 06-13-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Thanks, Leigh. Wouldn't exactly say I'm early into sobriety, but I'll take it for what it's worth!

You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes but never regret. People change, things go wrong, but just remember life goes on!
Wise words, dear Arbor.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Have you received the counter to your offer yet, Arbor?
Old 06-13-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Nite nite sweet Leigh
Old 06-13-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Oh, yes. They accepted our final offer! We went back and forth a bit, but finally settled. Thanks for reminding me.

Now, we look forward to scheduling the inspections within the next week. Keeping fingers crossed. It's such a beautiful home. We absolutely love it and know our boys will too.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Beautifully said, Arbor! And how exciting for your family!!! Is it terribly far from where you are currently?
Old 06-14-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

And thanks for the continued well wishes. The meds are for maintenance...no major side effects that I'm aware of, just a pain... AND a blessing at the same time, gotta keep reminding myself of that.

Garage is clear! Woohoo! I think a nap is definitely in order.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Conquest, we were looking in the next town over, but couldn't find anything to our liking. So, we went to the next county over (30 minutes from our current location) and found it to be more us if you will. More country with bigger lots and such.

MORE trees!
Old 06-14-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Oh, yes. They accepted our final offer! We went back and forth a bit, but finally settled. Thanks for reminding me.

Now, we look forward to scheduling the inspections within the next week. Keeping fingers crossed. It's such a beautiful home. We absolutely love it and know our boys will too.
. I am so very happy for you and your family, Arbor!!!!
Old 06-14-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
And thanks for the continued well wishes. The meds are for maintenance...no major side effects that I'm aware of, just a pain... AND a blessing at the same time, gotta keep reminding myself of that.

Garage is clear! Woohoo! I think a nap is definitely in order.
Happy Nappy!!!!!
Old 06-14-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Hello, all.