Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 26

Old 08-05-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
orangutan

(((Mirage))) I am so sorry for your loss. 51 is way too young.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:04 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry too mirage.

D
Old 08-06-2017, 07:17 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Mirage.

How is everyone? Staying sober? All is well here. I got to babysit my granddaughter this morning, so I missed my AA meeting, but it was worth it. I went yesterday. And the day before. And the day before. Etc. etc. And we had ice cream for lunch and read books about bats and played Barbies. That's important, too!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Editor

Hugs Mirage!
Yeah....I am still here....cant sleep tonight for some reason...but I am still here and happy and SOBER still.
Dave
Old 08-21-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Way to go, Dave..keep on truckin'!

All is well here. Busy getting the kiddo ready to move. Buying all sorts of stuff; we move him on Sunday. A stressful time, to be sure. He's still not completed an online course he had to take, and it's over on Friday. It drives me freaking CRAZY that he procrastinates like this. I'm supposed to not pay attention and let it be on him, but it's so hard.

The eclipse is today and I waited too long to get viewing glasses! Can't find any. I think the boys and I are going to go to a state park and when we feel the urge to look up, we'll look at it on our phone cameras on selfie mode. That's what the recommend. Cuz how can you not look! Watch, we'll all be blind this time next week.

Enjoy eclipse day, all! xx
Old 08-21-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Eclipse guys

D
Old 08-22-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

It was pretty cool. The neighbor kid came home when we were outside and came over with a pair of viewing glasses, so we got to see it that way. Really neat! Both of my brothers traveled to spots where there was 100% totality and took great pictures. This country was abuzz for the whole day. A nice distraction from other things.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi guys, gee it's been a while since any one posted here, I hope this thread keeps going.

I have just past 5 months , not doing great though. Depressed. I have a whole lot on my plate right now and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Plodding along , one day at a time.

Love to all.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you have a regular Dr for depression Aussie? If you haven't seen them in a while might be good to do that before summer hits?

D
Old 09-02-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
orangutan

I am seeing my GP on Thursday.
Dreading Summer.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah - me too

D
Old 09-03-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Editor

Hugs Aussie...Sometimes Life is just depressing...I was there for a little while today....but checking in with your GP is a great idea.
Still on the sober train...As stated above...I was a little down today...but I have been dieting and exercising my fanny off(low/no carb deal)...Think I may have pushed myself a little too hard.
Mirage....that is cool that you got to see the eclipse... it was a cloudy day down here...so it was pretty much a bust.
You guys are always in my thoughts.
Peace
Dave
Old 09-03-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Dave, glad to hear your still sober. Sorry your felling down. I wish I could diet but I just feel like I am giving up enough so I am hanging onto my food. My husband always tells people "don't get between Claire and her food". LOL.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Editor

I still eat alot of meat and veggies....just all my sugar, pasta and bread are gone and I read ALOT of lables...trying not to eat soy..believe it or not...it is just about everything.Not good for men over 40....increases estrogen production ....depleting testosterone and all that stuff....I know it will get better and is starting to pay off....blood pressure is coming down...thank God! I feel ya for the food Aussie....I get grumpy when it gets feeding time and I havent eaten....go into zoned out mode until the food is onboard. Getting healthy and staying healthy is part of my plan....Cant wait until I can indulge in a sweet tooth fix...but it will have to wait...for now.
Doing better on being down today....Just happens to me sometimes. Woke up with a better attitude. Helps I am off today.
PS Aussie....you have a beautiful name...first time I have ever seen it.
Keep on keepin on my friends
Peace
Dave
Old 09-04-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
orangutan

Glad your feeling better Dave.
My diet is pretty good , we eat a lot of vegies & fruit ( not many I don't like) I love chicken , we could eat more fish . We are not big sweet eaters , lots of ice cream when I first stop drinking but I have control of that again. But I don't like to go hungry. LOL.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:47 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hope you two are feeling better soon! I tried to give up sugar once and it really bummed me out. Like, REALLY bummed me out. I caved. Now I just try to monitor it. There's so much sugar in stuff, it's crazy.

First day of school here. T's off at college and B is starting 10th grade. He's a captain of the JV soccer team and they're 4-0, so it's been a lot of fun so far. 2 games this week and the weather is cool and feels great. My favorite time of year. We're heading up to T's university for a football game this weekend. His school vs. my alma mater. Should be a fun time!

Glad to hear my sober friends are sober! Love ya'll! xx
Old 09-05-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
orangutan

You always seem to have a lot on Mirage. Have fun!!!

A day out tomorrow , well that is I am off to the doctors , but I will hit the shops as well. Just be nice to get out of the mundane day to day stuff.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy it aussie
Hi Mirage and Dave

D
Old 09-05-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks Dee!!!