Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 26

Old 07-04-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
orangutan

PBC I am glad things are looking better for your mum. I hope she continues to get well. I am doing better myself , thanks for asking , I also acknowledge I need to work on myself and looking for the good things in life instead of the negative is one . Love the story about the little girl .

Mirage , get well soon

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY USA'ERs

Hi Dee. loving the winter!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

good stuff Aussie

D
Old 07-08-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

It's a beautiful day here! Sunshine and happy everywhere. I had 2 people reach out to me in the past week, and they both came to their first AA meetings with me, yesterday and today. I'm so glad I had the courage to be open about my issue so that they knew to ask me when they wanted help! And I'm glad they did ask, because I am so blessed to get to be the one to help. Life is good!
Old 07-08-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
orangutan

That's great PBC. I knows how you feel , when my brother was ready to stop , I had lots of advice (which I got from this site) books to look for , I printed out a lot of stuff from here as well. He has now past 6 months and says he doesn't even feel like drinking , I am soooooo proud of him.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hello my lovely Marchers, how is everyone doing?

Way to go, PBC!

I'm so happy for your brother, Aussie..I've been meaning to ask. I can't believe 6 months have gone by! Good for him, I'm glad he's doing well. How've you been?

Beautiful summer day here today. Sunny and perfect temps. Plus I'm celebrating 6 years today so it's especially beautiful!! Hooray for me!

Hope you're all well! xo
Old 07-17-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
orangutan

Congratulations-sparkling-purple-helicopter-fly-insects.gif

[COLOR="Plum"][/MIRAGECOLOR]

Yes I am super proud of my brother he was an all day every day drinker I never thought he would get off it.
DAY 117 for me , I still have my moments some people just seem to be happy sober but I struggle . Any how they tell me it gets better with time.

love to all.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great achievement mirage!

congrats to you and your brother too Aussie

D
Old 07-25-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

YAY to Mirage!!!! 6 years is AMAZING!!!!! I'm so happy for you! You give me hope.

And YAY to you and your brother, too, Aussie! That's a great accomplishment and it proves that you CAN do this!

We took our last trip of the summer last week ... now things are settling down a bit here, assuming there are no surprises. Our 21 year old daughter is moving across the country next week, but only for a few months. She's planning to be home in late November, so it's not so bad. It should be a great adventure for her! She'll be living in a state that is about as different from here as is possible within the US, close to her fiance who is in his last months of training with the Air Force. We've gotten a good chunk of the wedding decided, too, which feels calming. I love planning weddings!

How is your health, Dee? I think about you often.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks, PBC! Wondering how your son in law is doing these days? Hope he's doing well. Did your daughter leave WMU then since she's moving for a bit? Any idea where they'll live when he's done with training?

One month till we move my oldest to college. Eeeek! I will have a lot less going on when he's gone. He had a lot of extra curriculars that I helped out with and he just took more of my energy, in general. My younger one is a little more self-sufficient so I'll have less to "do". Plus, he'll be driving in October when he turns 16. T was 17 1/2 when he got his license so I was driving him still. So anyway, that's good and bad, haha. I'll miss being busy like that, but at the same time, it'll feel kinda nice. Boy, I'll miss him. I'm staying positive!

We've been going up north a bit more lately and we're improving the cabin. We got a new couch and recliner and need to take some old furniture out. We also got the internet up there! Fancy! Trying to make it more comfortable and we want to go up more often.

We hired a landscaper for the first time! We had some really overgrown trees and bushes and the front of our house needed help. It took them forever to get here, kept promising they'd show up and then they wouldn't. We were just about to ask for our down payment back, and they showed up this week when we were out of town. Go figure, right? Well, they started and pulled out bushes and trees, so I'm excited for them to finish.

Have a great day, everyone! Hope you are all well!!xx
Old 07-31-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for the delay PBC - I took a break from the internet for a few days.
All fine tho - feeling good - no problems

Hi mirage and aussie and any lurkers

D
Old 08-01-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Editor

Since you called me out Dee...Lurker(Dave)Thought I would post a howdy to my peeps. Life is going pretty good for me...Just got home from having a sleep test...sure enough...I am need of a cpap. I thought Kell was holding her hand over my nose and mouth all those years....not that I didnt deserve it. LOL. I am working on me...and feeling pretty great about me. What brought me back...of all things I started communicating with at few friends on facebook that I knew from elementary school....they have been sober for years now and have supported me to do the same..I kept putting together 5 to 7 days of sobriety and then falling back into my beer...they have supported me as ya'll always have and i am grateful. I am on my third week and feeling great about my path...No more excuses...no more ok..Just this once for you...no more thinking of others thoughts and feelings ahead of my recovery....I matter and I want to live...not survive.
I know everyone has there own beliefs and i would never push mine on anyone...but I really think God was sending me messages...I started seeing them here and there...like little gifts...I dont know how to explain it...but there is something in my heart and my mind that wasnt there before and I am forever grateful!
I Love ya'll and I am so happy to see you doing so well.
Peace
Dave
Old 08-01-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Dave and I believe in signs - I saw them too.

Bodes well for this time to be a permanent change, yeah?

D
Old 08-01-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Ahhh, there's one! I always hold out hope that some of those who come and go will check in with us. Good to see you, Dave. Glad to hear your positivity. You can do it! It gets easier, I promise. I'm wishing the best for you.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Editor

Most definitely Dee!!!!!
Old 08-01-2017, 05:37 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Editor

Thank you Mirage....hugs!
Old 08-01-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Dee! I am so glad you're okay ... I was worried about you!
And it's SO good to see you, Dave! And to hear that you are well, too. 3 weeks is no small achievement ... BRAVO!
Where's Aussie? Oh, Aussie! Come say hello!
Mirage, I'll say some prayers for you. I think sending our oldest to college was the hardest so far ... of course, I was drinking then, so everything was dramatic. Is your cottage in TC? The kids will be living in KZoo or Battlecreek when they get back. He'll be working at the army base. The wedding is scheduled for June 1.
Good luck with all your landscaping. If I lived closer to you, I might gift you with a shrubbery.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
200_s.gif (42.3 KB, 24 views)
Old 08-03-2017, 02:00 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

No, the cottage is on the east side of the state, near Rose City. It's a small 2 bedroom pine cabin on a lake. My folks bought it in 1982 and they don't go up anymore, so we're paying the taxes and the bills so we can keep going up. It's old though and needs some improvements, but we don't want to put much money into it, either. It's really nice to have a place other than home, for a change of scenery, so I'm glad they haven't sold it. Speaking of TC...my bro just retired yesterday and moved up there! They've had the house up there, but now they've officially moved up there. Happy for him but sad, too. It's the furthest we've lived from each other in 50 years. Lots of changes around here lately...I DON'T LIKE IT!! lol Thanks for the update on your kiddo, I hope their 3 months away from MI goes well! I'm glad for you that they're not moving there for good.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
orangutan

Nice post Dave , glad your doing well and you sound happy.

Mirage the cottage on the lake sounds lovely .

PBC and Dee

No news here guys , just poking along in life . Loving the winter here , but can already feel it coming to an end, the days have been getting up around 25 degrees c. that is ridiculous for this time of year. I think we are in for a really hot summer.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Editor

Ya''ll always put a smile on my face...Glad everyone is doing well. Still feeling good and positive...Life is good.
Dave
Old 08-05-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Sad news today for me as I found out my old college boyfriend passed from cancer. I didn't know he was ill.

A long time ago, I loved him very much. We dated for 1 1/2 years, thought we'd get married, but it didn't last, life changes things. We reconnected on facebook about 6.5 years ago. I found out he'd quit drinking about 2 years before so I reached out to him in a private message and he was a great source of support for me when I was trying to quit in 2011. I'm shocked and so, so sad. I just can't believe it. I really loved that guy. He was 51.