Class of February 2016 Part 23

Old 09-18-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that Badger but I'm glad you made it back

D
Old 09-18-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry Badger, but I'll be right there. You can't get rid of me! I know that was really hard for you to type.

This is a tough disease and I hope you're not being too hard on yourself.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Badger, glad you made it back, and shared. You're brave. Take care of yourself as you start out and keep us posted please. xxoo

Feeling moody yesterday and today- slept a lot during the day yesterday around stuff. My sleep has really been a problem in the last ... two weeks maybe. Ugh. Seeing my psych tomorrow so we will chat about meds.

Hope everyone has a great day.
A
Old 09-19-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support folk. I have received a few private messages too. I am grateful for the friends I have here. Feeling a little better but I have a great amount of work to do. My family is very upset with me. Angry and rightfully so. My wife is distraught and cant go back to my bad behavior. I have a meeting with an addiction counselor today.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I am posting in September 2017. I look forward to waking up, reaffirming my commitment not to drink and trying to help the others through the first state.. Ill still come here too though. You are my family.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:59 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Really good to have you back Badger, I'm sorry to hear about your relapse. Glad you'll continue to keep us updated.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Happy weekend from the NC mountains!

We are here for a wedding- a dear childhood friend of mine. Beautiful place to have a wedding. It was interesting last night at the rehearsal dinner- we had three different people ask us about following us back (really curvy roads, not great lighting and it had been rainy) to the area where we are all staying (a few different mountain cabin type places - and we thought it was interesting. Did we look sober? Nice? Responsible? It made us smile.

Our whole plan for the weekend is to go, have fun, talk to people we know and those we randomly strike up chats with, pay our respects to the hosts, etc, and leave whenever we are ready. We're going to spend some time in Highlands (nearby and a super cute little mountain town) for lunch and browsing the shops and such.

Hope you all have a happy and sober weekend.
A
Old 09-25-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Hello August. Sounds wonderful. How are your plans coming along?

Ugh I am in a remote farming area in Canada this week. I feel very isolated. I am fine sobriety wise but I am depressed about my relapse and am desperately trying to gain my family's trust back. I have been thrown out of the bedroom and was told I would have been thrown out of the house if it were not for our daughter. We had a really good weekend and got some stuff done. However when I get on the road my wife does not want to text, email or talk. I guess she just needs her space. It frightens me though.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that Badger, things are still pretty raw. How long are you going away for?

Having a bit of a struggle not drinking as a student. The only thing keeping me going right now is lack of money...
Old 09-27-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

I go back home tomorrow. Still depressed but not having any urges to drink. Whats going on OT. Why you thinking about drink?
Old 10-02-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Check in OT. How are you doing?
Old 10-04-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hey y'all- haven't checked in since the mtns. Actual events were fine, but most of the Fri and Sat part I was an agitated, disturbed ball of .... something. My sponsor and I had to flesh that out.

Last week was jam packed with Ben's Friends stuff, starting hot yoga every day (it IS as sweaty as they say!), picking up three days of wkd shifts at a resto whose biggest wkd of the year was last weekend and had a big shortage of staff bc one of their most sr people was getting married (!), and on three hours of sleep running the MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) 5K only 9 min slower than my best time to date! I've shaved 3 full min off since June!!

Cliff and I have some ideas gelling about wedding plans....we are tentative on the date of 12/1/18...and toying with the idea of getting married at the courthouse on 12/1/17 for a few reasons - I can go on his insurance and that would be huge savings (and likely a better plan, as well as that my carrier will not write individual plans in GA next year), and to go ahead and have a private celebration and special, different
"left hand" rings of some kind - can just celebrate together just us two....The real question is if we could not tell ANYONE for a whole year. I'm thinking we can.

I'm sure there's other stuff but that's my update.

Badger- how are you?

Anyone heard from Lee?

OT?

Everyone pipe up a sec when you can- it's good that we are living good sober lives but I do miss seeing our class thread on the first page of new posts!!

Take care-
xxoo
A
Old 10-05-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hi August. I am doing well actually. See my post below that I posted up to September 2017. Lee is good. I heard from him the other day in addition to OOTT. OT!! Where are you girl?

Read an article the other day about Robert Downey Jr. He has had significant addiction problems. One thing he said that really resonated with me was that quitting was not the hard part. The hard part was getting to a place where he wanted to quit.

I was sober for 1 year 7 months then relapsed. I am in hell right now trying to make amends but I have had a real awakening. I don't want to drink anymore. I dont want to get sick. I don't want to feel the despair (I know why people take their lives and become homeless). I want my respect and integrity back. I want peace and happiness. I want my family, friends and employees to be able to rely on me. Therefore I choose not drink. This fact gives me some inner peace.

That is the difference from the last attempt at quitting. The last attempt was based on pure willpower not to drink. However, I still struggled with the prospect of never drinking again. I have now unconditionally surrendered. Drinking is an immovable object for me. I must find a different path. I will find a different path. If I lower my head and try to hit it again I don't think I will survive it. Its academic - I simply can't drink. And its now my lifelong mission to work on staying sober.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:27 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Hey everyone... checking in. Working on big project for Monday. Ugh. I'll be glad when I'm done. This has to be the last time I get behind like this. Hairs on fire, definitely.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Sorry for going quiet, things are really stressful right now. My landlord hasn't fixed the front door, and there are lots of security and health issues in the house. After hassling her several times I've decided to just flat out leave, already got a new place I'm going to today. Chain smoking because I'm so stressed, but better than drinking.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

OOTT- hang in there!

OT - definitely stressful stuff. Smoking's not good but better than drinking, for us, indeed- hope it's a temporary thing

How is everyone else?

We decided on 12/1/18 and the special private ceremony on 12/1/17. Keegan is going to be my maid of honor (my sponsor and another AA person are going to be the witnesses for the first/courthouse deal). We have decided on two parties next year- kind of one for each side- then a very small wedding. I have also decided to hyphenate! We have picked out the right hand bands - simple white gold for him and rose gold (my fave) for me. Now I just need a simple dress and knockout shoes- I am going to find a color that coordinates with a color in his socks (the man adores socks). So excited and content at the same time.

Big mtg over the plans for Ben's Friends/a paid position coming up on Oct 19. We are going to Charleston for that, TedX (the big boss is speaking) and a little time spent at the beach.

Nate is coming through here with rain - neighboring states like FL and AL have been declared disaster areas or similar. Ugh- let's get through hurricane season already!!!

Take care all-
A
Old 10-08-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Thanks August, ..why is the big day so far out? Over a year away?
Old 10-08-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hang in there, OT. You should see some of places I lived in college! It was crazy. at one point my rent was like 80 or 90 dollars a month the places were so bad. Not to stress you out, but maybe cut back on the chain smoking. You're still YEARS ahead of me though, since my drinking was only really getting started at the age where you've quit, so youre MILES ahead of me. Once you graduate and get some money coming in the pieces will fall into place financially speaking. College is just a rough period for everyone.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Smoking isn't very temporary for me August, I do really need to quit but I've been putting it off. I don't usually smoke THIS much though.

Thanks OOTT, that's comforting. I was paying A LOT of money to be in the place that was falling apart, I've got a lot of space at the new flat, and for a lot less money per month. Decent flatmate as well, as opposed to the nightmare I was having in the house with 8 other people.

Major concern is any legal trouble, but I have proof that my health and security were at risk.

Also, really enjoyed reading your plan August. Sounds brilliant, I'm so happy for you!
Old 10-08-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

In college I lived with a bunch of other guys, not a frat, and at time it was Animal House fun, but other times it wasn't. there was a lot of wasted time asserting dominance, and sometimes we'd get a guy in who wasn't a good fit and caused a lot of unnecessary problems, so I can commiserate.