Night, friends.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Congrats Upstairs! Soooo proud of you!

Good night/day everyone!

AL
Old 03-07-2017, 09:05 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Sorry I overlooked your 9 months, Bobbie, and your 75-ish days, Sam - including your ultimate resistance to the purchase. And everyone else I've missed. Excellent accomplishments all.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Upstairs - sorry I missed your anniversary yesterday. One year is amazing!!
Old 03-08-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Morning class. I join those of you who are feeling cranky and blah. Can't seem to shake it....I kinda feel like Eeyore...you know that glum looking donkey from Winne the Pooh

Anyways off to start the day.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Congrats on 1 year, Upstairs!!

Hugs going out to everyone who is feeling blah or down. Spring is almost here (for most of us).

Day 6 and sun is back out. Going to try and stay positive and remember where that 1 drink will take me. Love you all!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Mornin' everybody. Happy hump day. All is well here in my little corner of the world. Sittin' here sippin' startin' fluid planning my day.

Thank goodness I don't have the blahs this morning that hit me yesterday afternoon. I'm really trying to keep an eye out for phase 1 relapse.

I hope you all have a great day and thanks for being here!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Great job being diligent BBG!

LB - Happy day 6! Spring is Coming!

Sam - Have a great day. Hope you find your footing and get out of this blahness.

Thirteenth - thanks for the congrats and it is really good to see you!

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 03-08-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Just for Today

We'll love you until you can learn to love yourself!" These words, heard so often in our meetings, promise a day we look forward to eagerly-the day when we'll know how to love ourselves.

Self-esteem-we all want this elusive quality as soon as we hear about it. Some of us seem to stumble upon it accidentally, while others embark on a course of action complete with affirmations made to our reflections in the mirror. But fix-it-yourself techniques and trendy psychological cures can only take us so far.

There are some definite, practical steps we can take to show love for ourselves, whether we "feel" that love or not. We can take care of our personal responsibilities. We can do nice things for ourselves, as we would for a lover or a friend. We can start paying attention to our own needs. We can even pay attention to the qualities that we cherish in our friends-qualities like intelligence and humor-and look for those same qualities in ourselves. We're sure to find that we really are lovable people, and once we do that, we're well on our way.

Just for Today: I will do something today that helps me recognize and feel love for myself.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:34 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Interesting stuff here.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ugar-evil.html
Old 03-08-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Just for Today

We'll love you until you can learn to love yourself!" These words, heard so often in our meetings, promise a day we look forward to eagerly-the day when we'll know how to love ourselves.

Self-esteem-we all want this elusive quality as soon as we hear about it. Some of us seem to stumble upon it accidentally, while others embark on a course of action complete with affirmations made to our reflections in the mirror. But fix-it-yourself techniques and trendy psychological cures can only take us so far.

There are some definite, practical steps we can take to show love for ourselves, whether we "feel" that love or not. We can take care of our personal responsibilities. We can do nice things for ourselves, as we would for a lover or a friend. We can start paying attention to our own needs. We can even pay attention to the qualities that we cherish in our friends-qualities like intelligence and humor-and look for those same qualities in ourselves. We're sure to find that we really are lovable people, and once we do that, we're well on our way.

Just for Today: I will do something today that helps me recognize and feel love for myself.
Bobbie that's exactly how you prevent stage 1 relapse!!!
Old 03-08-2017, 09:26 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Here is another thread that seems to hit the blahs that everyone is feeling. A lot of good advice here.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ber-blows.html
Old 03-08-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Thanks for those Bobbie!!

Hope everyone is well today. My day at work started out stressful. Normally I would sit and obsess over the tone of my boss' voice or the impatience I picked up on. Maybe even start to spin out because of it. Instead, today I decided to accept that I am doing the best i can and that's all i can do. I can take steps to assure I am sitting all of my 'i's and crossing my 't's and the rest is out of my control. I can't make people respond to my requests for information needed to complete my work, I can only persist. Much more peace of mind this way!
Old 03-08-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hi to all
Old 03-08-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hey all! Feeling a little better tonight. Forced myself to make a healthy dinner (turkey meatballs and baby zucchini), played some loud, happy music (Its Raining Men) and called my oldest daughter for a chat. I will catch up here tonight but I just wanted to stop by and say hi and l love you guys! ❤
Old 03-08-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Glad you're feelin' better Sam.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

I've got good news and bad news....bad news, the person that drinks a lot has taken over....but I wanna share something funny from this morning.....coming soon! I heart all of you! My Sweetie Darlings!
Old 03-08-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Sorry, I'm a jerk....literally you can just search Twitter ImaJerk - Nothing to hide!
Old 03-08-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Purp - anything happen in particular?
Old 03-08-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Hi all. Home from work. AV was a little active today--just a stressful day where I encountered lots of hiccups with work. I gave thoughts of drinking attention for maybe 30 seconds. "I deserve it after a day like today!" "My boss won't be in tomorrow so I won't have to worry about being called on the carpet about anything!"

Then I thought of the consequences. I already feel hungover from three nights of poor sleep. Getting poor sleep a fourth night in a row, and I do sleep crappy with alcohol, would put me in a funk for sure. That would also guarantee that tomorrow would pretty much be the same as today, and would be a shoe in for an excuse to drink tomorrow night . And then it would be Friday, so why not finish out the weekend. And viola before you know it, I would be 5 days in. I know how the story plays out. I got exhausted just thinking about it. So, I'm home, in my pjs, getting ready to eat some french bread toasted with tomato, mozz, basil, and garlic olive oil, relax with some TV, a hot shower, and an early bedtime. Hopefully tonight will bring restful sleep.