Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

After a year and a half of officially leaving this forum I had to do the work and decide what's important.
Although I officially dropped out I still kept reading and drawing on the opinions and support here. Thank you Anna for letting me reactivate my account and I'm grateful to be here. One day at a time.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:39 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Day 2

Hi class of Jan '17! Happy to be part of this group. I'm determined to stay sober this time around. Day #2 and feeling pretty good. Getting exercise and eating my feelings. Trying to find a good AA group to join. I'm just really glad to be here and love reading everyone's positive and encouraging messages. I look forward to getting to know more people struggling with the same issues I am and in return sharing a bit about myself. Too tired tonight. Glad I made it another day. Good nite.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:08 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Day 4

Insomnia really bad. Couldn't sleep then woke up at 4am.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Morning all and welcome to those joining The more of us posting, the more of us that are improving our lives and that can only lead to an improved world. Wow feeling philosophical this morning, must be having 8 hours solid sleep. Day 4 begins today and looking forward to getting some stuff done.

I've bought a book called 52 small changes: One year to a happier, healthier you. It basically helps you to implement one small change a week for a whole year. The first week is drinking more water,the next one is sleep. Quite a fun little book and it was only a couple of pounds for the e-book. Anything that helps add to the quality of life is welcome round my way. Lets be strong in our resolve today folks x
Old 01-03-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to all you guys

D
Old 01-04-2017, 12:34 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JackDsMissus View Post
Morning all and welcome to those joining The more of us posting, the more of us that are improving our lives and that can only lead to an improved world. Wow feeling philosophical this morning, must be having 8 hours solid sleep. Day 4 begins today and looking forward to getting some stuff done.

I've bought a book called 52 small changes: One year to a happier, healthier you. It basically helps you to implement one small change a week for a whole year. The first week is drinking more water,the next one is sleep. Quite a fun little book and it was only a couple of pounds for the e-book. Anything that helps add to the quality of life is welcome round my way. Lets be strong in our resolve today folks x
That book sounds great, I am going to try to find it on Amazon.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:54 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I'm back.
Fell badly (once again)!
Quite optimistic and looking forward (perversely?) to AVRT and support and sharing and the feeling of family I found here before.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:05 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Checking in on Day 3.....Last night was the third night's sleep in a row where I probably got about 2 hours. The rest was half sleep. I'm exhausted.

I'm off to my boxing class now which I hope will mean a good night's sleep tonight. The power of exercise cannot be overlooked. Even if it's just a walk in the fresh air.

Apart from the lack of sleep I don't think I'm doing too badly. My brain isn't working correctly, but I'm putting that down to the lack of sleep and the fact that I haven't had to use it at all over the xmas period. It's basically been used as a conduit for stuffing cake into my face.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:10 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Can I join the Class of January 2017 please.

I'm not new here....I've been here many times before. Don't know what's made the difference this time .... another year older, some health problems, severe anxiety (trying to take Sertraline and drinking heavily with them = a right mess), or maybe it's the fact that my kids are at an age now that they're also passing comment on my drinking and "mummy's wine" .....
Going for Dry January 1st but .... then planning on Dry February aswell.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:15 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Hey ShenzyT.
Welcome back.Me too!
Just stay dry for today. That will do for now. (Repeat daily!)
Old 01-04-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back guys

D
Old 01-04-2017, 01:27 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Checking in on day four of sobriety. Last night was the worse. That Christmas bender really poisoned my body. Feeling good this morning though. Onwards and Upwards.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Watching TV tonight and about 5 mins before bed I fancied a drink. Sometimes these notions to drink are just ridiculous really. Start drinking at bedtime? Not today!!
Sleepy time tea for me and sober bed!
Night all
Old 01-04-2017, 02:00 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Welcome all to your class thread. Strength in unity and sharing.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:20 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Very glad to wake up refreshed this morning. I don't miss hangovers. Im going to try to start opening up a little more. I have to, Ive bottled stuff up too long. Its kept me sick. I want to be a positive influence here, but I need to get rid of some demons. Anyway, welcome to the new members of the class. Lets make this a good day.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:46 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Day 4: I'm sleeping like a log and craving sugar but feel better for no drinking - calmer, more relaxed. Can't seem to stay awake after 9pm...
Old 01-04-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
Hey ShenzyT.
Welcome back.Me too!
Just stay dry for today. That will do for now. (Repeat daily!)
Sparkos.... how u doing! I remember u from before... I just nipped into the Dec class so only just stopped before Jan, thought I'd pop in here to say hi and see who was about! Pleased to see u, hope this time we make it sober!!!
Old 01-04-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

day 4 for me.
Like many of you, sleeping is difficult but the reward of feeling clearer headed and accomplished when I wake in the morning feels nice.
Good luck to all today. You can do it.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Day 3

I am hoping for a good day today and better night the last few. Can't stop the self hate talk it's so powerful. Concentration at work is difficult and I know will take months to get back as this ain't my first rodeo. Going to the gym for my lunch break for the first time in quite awhile.
I
can't stop eating when I am not drinking. but for now, until I get over this bump, I tell myself eating won't get me arrested, having an extra piece of cheese cake won't make me miss 3 days of deadlines at work because I'm drunk etc..

One foot in front of the other for now. I may be moving at a snails pace, but it's forward not backward.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:13 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Checked my sobriety calculator:

1 day, 7 hours, 11 minutes

When in fact it feels like a LIFETIME OF FREEDOM!