Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Sparkos.... how u doing! I remember u from before... I just nipped into the Dec class so only just stopped before Jan, thought I'd pop in here to say hi and see who was about! Pleased to see u, hope this time we make it sober!!!
Hey Enfin. I'm glad to be back, just wish now I'd never left!!!!
I look at our old class, and the guys who are still there are sober for over a year now. Let's learn from them.

They shared honestly and wore their hearts on their sleeves and were ALWAYS supportive of each other.
I genuinely hope and intend to be a valuable class member. I will unashamedly depend on my classmates and promise to do whatever I can to help.

It's a week today. So far so good.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post

Hey Enfin. I'm glad to be back, just wish now I'd never left!!!!
I look at our old class, and the guys who are still there are sober for over a year now. Let's learn from them.

They shared honestly and wore their hearts on their sleeves and were ALWAYS supportive of each other.
I genuinely hope and intend to be a valuable class member. I will unashamedly depend on my classmates and promise to do whatever I can to help.

It's a week today. So far so good.
Please get in touch if u need to...I'm happy to help... and envious of a year sober. .. what could have been... still, hopefully us next year!!! I think I will check. Out Jan class too to see how u all doing... hope and help is the way forward!
Old 01-04-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I agree.
Correction: it's 2years they've been sober.

Where did the time go?........................ Oh yeah, wasted in a drunken haze!!!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Good morning class!

I slept really well last night, thanks essential oils, to bad my little one got up ridiculously early. I think this is the 1st time in my life that I have a load of laundry going before 7am.

Busy day here for us. Have a wonder sober day everyone!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hi! Logging in to say I'm sober. Sorry too tired to read all the previous unread posts. Congrats to those doing well! My app told me that this week I have drunk 41 less units than last week! Wow. The numbers for the last 30 days are also dropping rapidly. It gives me a kick to see that! I did think about drinking earlier, not a craving just a "one shot of whiskey won't hurt..." but I ignored it and had a snack instead.

Nights all!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Good morning!
Day 8 here.
I had a hard time going to sleep last night although I’m sure it was from the late afternoon tea I had. I guess I forgot how sensitive my body is to stimulants when I’m not drinking.
I’ll be switching to herbal tea this afternoon. And I think I’ll try reading instead of watching tv tonight also.
Alrighty then. I hope everyone has a fantastic sober day!!

Old 01-04-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Morning class! Day 4 underway here. Sleep was fleeting last night, and I am extremely tired, which I know is part of the early part of this journey. Hope everyone is well. Onward and upward!!! CW
Old 01-04-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Good morning
Wow, I layed down last night a little after 7 I think and I fell fast asleep. So glad hubby took care of the kids!
Looks like I have a couple of pages to catch up on!
My boys went back to school today, so I get a l it the break from them. I'm at my Mom's though and she's having a bit of a rough day it seems. And I have my grumpy teen daughter with me. It could be a looonnnggg day. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing bath already!
Old 01-04-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

6pm on day four....can honestly say not had a cigarette craving yet....a few for alcohol but think thats just because at night I feel a bit lost, always started between 4-5pm each day so between 4 till about 7pm I feel a bit strange, I dont know what a normal person does at that time so I get all fidgity and anxious
Old 01-04-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

"can honestly say not had a cigarette craving yet"

I quit cigs along with the booze two days ago with almost no cravings since. And when the random one does pop up, I consciously/mindfully visualize breathing in health/happiness/peace/my HP/freedom/possibility, etc., whatever comes to mind, and not only does the urge pass but I find myself strengthened in my resolve.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Logging in to say I'm still on the sober boat. Sleep is still interrupted during the night BUT I can go back to sleep after waking up, which is at least an improvement over lying there wide awake all sweaty after drinking. Also, I seem to be over the night sweating symptoms, though I know from others' messages that it can randomly reappear occasionally. For now it's much better though.

Small improvements, but I need to keep counting them! Oh, and got chores done last night! (This was part of my written plan for the evening - all of the things I could do INSTEAD of drinking. I listed some fun stuff too, but once I got started with the chores I kept plowing on). When drinking, usually I would have a pile of chores that got saved up for a (non-restful) weekend! Maybe I'll actually have some time to myself this weekend, woo-hoo!
Old 01-04-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Whew, had my first testing moment today. When i got a call from the garage telling me my car was going to cost the same amount to fix as it cost to buy... It needs a completely new engine Worry set in and my first thought was drinkkkk. I haven't though, I ate some icecream. I'll figure something out and I'll have a clear head to do so. Bath and bed soon. Day 4 over and out.

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
That book sounds great, I am going to try to find it on Amazon.
Awe yeahhh. Let me know how you like it. Maybe we could start a thread on our progress somewhere. Or maybe that sounds like hard work
Old 01-04-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone! Joining the January Class of 2017. Day 4 and still sober! Many good wishes to all of you.

ABW1
Old 01-04-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Ive stayed sober today, so that's a plus. Feeling a little restless, probably still some withdrawals going on. Going to join the sober bus.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Day 5

Slept a little better but feeling nautious this morning and some cold sweats.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Quick check in. Good deep sleep/up early. Anxiety ever present but I'm planning a long walk after work. Have a good calm day all.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Big urges today. Following my little immediate plan. Drink water, check in, do something. It passes.
Hate when I'm in the grip of it trying to remember that it's just thoughts and not action.
It strikes me that I can still do all the things I fantasise about with a drink in my hand and do it with a non poisonous beverage. Alcohol has no magic, it's just all in my head.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hitting the hay. Sober. Ill take that as a win today. Ive dug myself quite a hole, and there's only one way out. Want to get a good night sleep. I think I may go enroll into an outpatient rehab tomorrow. I need all the help I can get. Hope everyone is having a good night/day and staying sober.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Day 7, tough day...not alcohol wise. Just everything else. But I ain't drinkin.'
Old 01-04-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

It was a busy day today. I am ready for bed. On to day 5 tomorrow! Good night class!