Notices

One Year & Over Part 45

Old 12-29-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Just a Big ole Hug for you Bunny. You're doing good by just hanging on . Sometimes all you can do is Breathe. To make it easier and lasting however, sometimes we need to realize that we are healing. We really are. It is just a slow but good healing. As we maneuver through our past into the future we need to just look for the moment where we are. The first year of healing is mostly physical. The second year is when we get down to business. We don't do this alone. Whether you go to meetings, get counseling, reach out , come here, we still need to realize that we are a part of something grander than ourselves. God did for me what I could not do for myself. And trust me, and in He, When I say I wasn't a very good friend to God but He is always there for us.
Sometimes we just have to take it by the moment. We're here to help you if you need help. So is God. This healing happens sometimes quickly sometimes slowly. Rest easy and have faith. Sending Light and Love your way! Call me anytime.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

GOOD Morning Dear Ones.

May your cup overflow with peace, love, joy and gratitude today.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hello O's,

Just popping in for a brief hello and Happy New Year.

Also, I wanted to send a shout out to a dear friend from SR who turned 4 years clean and sober yesterday. Soooo, LDT, if you pop on here....congrats to you and thank you for your friendship and inspiration as we've traveled this sober/recovery journey together.

Have a good one, all...

Carlos
Old 12-29-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good to see you Bunny! I'm sorry that you are going through such challenging times, but being here, going to therapy, and staying sober each day will allow you to continue progressing with your recovery. Everyone seems to heal at different rates. I have found that some of the best things in life are ones that are not the easiest to initially attain. We are here to help however we can for you!

I've noticed that folks in general right now post holidays are feeling emotionally and physically tired, sugared out, cash strapped and generally low energy. Throw in gray skies and cold temps, and one more drinking holiday to follow, I feel this can be a dangerous time for folks in recovery. Keep an eye on the ole AV and get ready to celebrate another year sober with your favorite non alcoholic beverage shortly!

Have a great day all!
Old 12-29-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your support and care <3
I could NEVER imagine doing this alone.
People in recovery are the greatest people ever.
And nope...not going out. Not gonna stick my foot in the hornet's nest again. I always wind up getting stung! Sobriety is better.

To get out of myself I purchased several bags of gently used infants clothing for a pregnant woman in early recovery (will drop off today or tomorrow). And I reached out to a sick and suffering alcoholic as well.

Happy New Year and blessings for a wonderful 2017!

XO,
Bunny
Old 12-29-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bunny211 View Post
Thanks everyone for your support and care <3
I could NEVER imagine doing this alone.
People in recovery are the greatest people ever.
And nope...not going out. Not gonna stick my foot in the hornet's nest again. I always wind up getting stung! Sobriety is better.

To get out of myself I purchased several bags of gently used infants clothing for a pregnant woman in early recovery (will drop off today or tomorrow). And I reached out to a sick and suffering alcoholic as well.

Happy New Year and blessings for a wonderful 2017!

XO,
Bunny

Scatter kindness.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

CONGRATS LDT on a beautiful 4 years of recovery in sobriety! You GO Girl!!!!
Old 12-29-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats on 4 years, LDT!

Bunny, helping others is ALWAYS a good idea
Old 12-29-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
LDT

Thanks friends... Special hugs to Carlos for posting.... I've been sort of a lurker for a long time. Was a regular poster for a while and just got a little ..... busy ( lol ) . But yes.... 4 years. Hard to imagine. It would have been more like 6 years but I did a little "research project" in between my first and second sobriety attempts. Thank God the second round was a keeper..... 'Kindling' is REAL, folks. The memory of that is what keeps me sober.

Happy, Sober, Peaceful, Joyful New Year to all!! ❤️
Old 12-29-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Do your best

Big congrats on 4 years LDT
Old 12-29-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hi, LDT! Great to see you! How excellent that you've got 4 years! I gather that you've still got a lot of (thriving) irons in the fire. How's Cayenne doing?

Bunny, that is good and lovely. That kindness will come back to you.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs
Old 12-29-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
LDT

Hey Gilmer.... Cayenne continues to be a complete goofball of a dog... A 5 year old toddler of a puppy . He will never grow up. He's still terrified of fireworks, garbage trucks and lightning...... I adore him. Thanks for asking.

How are you?
Old 12-29-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I'm happy as a clam! Can't complain.

Taking a break from school because I had a crazy November and December, and I was in dire need of a rest; but after three days I'm already at loose ends, so I'll probably start back in mid-January.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 years, LDT!

Glad you are here, Bunny

I missed this morning. Funny (not the ha ha type) how life smacks us upside the head now and then. I was chatting with Jeni26 this morning and realized that I was beginning to isolate. Much has happened over the past few months and you know much of it. There was a more insidious challenge in the works and that was dealing with a resident here who seems to feel the need to put me down. We had a blow up last week that triggered my nearly life-long PTSD (has been much less often lately). I couldn't think straight and wanted desperately to escape. I was so tempted to drink to escape like I used to. I know that isn't what I really wanted but I couldn't focus and think logically. Finally I took a very rare benzo. That and Jeni's help got me calmed down enough to start thinking clearly again. Whew!

Yet another case of being so grateful to have my SR buddies!
Old 12-29-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

OH, Sass! I'm so sorry!

I am so proud of you for not drinking when you were driven to the brink!

Has the situation with the nasty woman been resolved?
Old 12-29-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Thanks, Gilmer! Actually, it's a nasty man. On the surface he seems like a quirky hippy but I he is socially not adept. He definitely feels the need to put down others (I'm not the only one who feels this way - which helps). So I have now officially dropped off the committee of which he is the chair. In this case avoidance is good! It was insidious because there were lots of little episodes and then one big one. My PTSD has mostly been rather quiet for the last several years but this really kicked it up. I'm finally settling down.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Nasty Pasty Man, sassy, sorry you're having to put up with this. There are many who just like putting people down, they must feel bad inside....not for what they're doing but for what causes the actions. Though this does not excuse him to be a horrible creature to our sassy. I'm pleased your PTSD has settle down.

Congratulations LDT on 4 years.

Have a good Friday overs.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry that happened Saskia
Old 12-30-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Thanks! Once I figure out what's going on with me I usually settle down a bit faster. It will still take a little while, though.

We had snow here last night though not like what they had in North Dakota.

Have a fabulous Friday, Overs!