Class of December 2016 Support Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the thread timetobefree

D
Old 12-10-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good Morning Class!!!! Feeling Great this Saturday morning (what a nice change from the 'old')!

I have survived the most 'dangerous' part of my weekend as I have to work a Sunday shift tomorrow. My weekend was Fri-Sat this week. Not that I am feeling complacent, I am aware I could screw it all up with one swig of beer. One is too many and a hundred isn't enough!

timetobefree - Along with disposing of last night's empties, try disposing of any booze left in your house. It sure helps if it's not setting right there where it's easy to get to. Change your routine if needed and make it inconvenient to get to a drink. Replace with some soft drinks or good coffee, tea, hot chocolate.....ANYTHING.

We all know deep down I think, that we are far better off sober. That a better life lay ahead. In due time the rewards will come.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Moderation nothe working.

After being fairly successful with moderation for several months, I had a slip up last night and drank too much. I've made the decision to stop completely! I'm new to the forum, and hopefully you guys don't mind if I attach myself to this class. Today will be day one of no drinking. After I get off work tonight, it will be hard, but I can do it!
Old 12-10-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Ive stocked up on green tea, hot chocolate and sparkling water. So much cheaper than wine too!
Old 12-10-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jshepherd1207 View Post
After being fairly successful with moderation for several months, I had a slip up last night and drank too much. I've made the decision to stop completely! I'm new to the forum, and hopefully you guys don't mind if I attach myself to this class. Today will be day one of no drinking. After I get off work tonight, it will be hard, but I can do it!
Its my first day too, we can do it! Xx
Old 12-10-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hangover free!!!!
Old 12-10-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Settling down to finish off Day 6. The football was great. You're kinda surrounded by beer there but to be honest, I'm never tempted at games. Social drinking isnt my thing anyway.

For those of you on day 1, hang in there. Plenty of fluids helped me and eating little bits, even soup.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Just drinking a hot chocolate..
Old 12-10-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Welcome Time and JShep! This is a great class! Glad everyone is doing so well this weekend! Today is day 10 for me. Double digits woo hoo! Not sure what my day holds for me quite yet. I agree quitter. It's funny u mentioned everything I recently got specifically Sparkling water and hot chocolate. Pellegrino is actually refreshing with some lime or fruit in it. I always thought I'd hate it. I gotta say Iced coffee is my big addiction though. :P. Have a great day/evening all!
Old 12-10-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

I do feel a bit daunted all of a sudden though, its just weird to be sober and aware of everything. Usually im well on my way at this stage of the evening then carry on drinking til i fall asleep. Its going to take some getting used to. I agree about the sparkling water too, it has the same feeling in the mouth as cava or g and t so its quite good for me ar this stage as those are the drinks ive given up.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

13 Days clean and sober. Feeling stronger everyday.

sixstringnut
Old 12-10-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hi Timetobefree - I'd say its pretty normal to feel like that at this stage. Lets not forget, you're challenging your brain's set routine here.

I like sparking water, but my personal favorite sober drink is Ginger Ale, with plenty of ice!

asixstringnut - Congrats on 13 days
Old 12-10-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Passing by to say hello Dec the halls
Old 12-10-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Just found a fabulous delicious lemonade from lidl today for those in Europe who have lidl. Sicilian deluxe have drunk 2 bottles today!
Old 12-10-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Hit a trigger today but I guess that's just life. Sometimes people just SUCK!!!

Loaded my 4 wheeler onto my trailer and headed further into the boonies to do some arrowhead hunting. The landowner is filthy rich and a bit eccentric. He lives in the city but was heading to the farm. He won't let me hunt alone, he has to be with me (more on that later).

Anyway he said he was on his way and would meet me there just had a stop or two. I asked if I could poke around in the creek until he arrived, he said "I have to be with you". He's afraid I'll find one and 'steal' it as he said anything I find is his and he'll let me know what I can keep.

Two hours later I call him and he says he is almost there. Grrrrr. I have waited this long so I keep waiting. ! At the 3 1/2 hour mark I text him that I hate to miss him after waiting so long but not sure how much longer I can set there. He says "Oh, I'm so sorry, we had to pick up girlfriends car and then we stopped to get something to eat. Maybe we can do it another time"!

Are you friggin kidding me??????? At this point I am just mad that someone would be so inconsiderate of someone that is waiting, he could have sent me an update at least! Have I said this is the 4th time I have been to the farm and so far I have managed zero hours arrowhead hunting? I weedeated an old cemetery in the woods once and the other times he just yelled at his spoiled rich kids all day while we talked about hunting. Then it would always get dark and we never actually hunted.

He has found some NICE artifacts there but Not sure I will try again. He is just too eccentric, and now I am just aggravated.

Yes, it's just LIFE but my AV was saying for the last hour and a half as I sat there that it was time to just go get some beer and forget this A-HOLE!

I am home and popping the top on my cold Diet Coke and have to work tomorrow. SAFE AGAIN.........

People SUCK!!!!
Old 12-10-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Really sorry you had to put up with that kind of treatment from someone so inconsiderate not to mention self-centered. Whenever I meet someone like that I always think to myself "I never want to be that kind of person" and I am glad I am not. Hope you have a wonderful evening. Tomorrow is another day. Let's make it a Golden Day.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

December beginner

Hi All, I too have stopped this month and would like to share in our collective experience. I wish better times ahead for us all..
Old 12-10-2016, 11:56 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hi everybody... day 5 for me today. Still feeling tired and foggy-headed, but grateful to be waking up on a Sunday morning, as opposed to still being awake.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:13 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, Class 12/16! Woke up to fresh snow...peaceful feeling...bright and brand new day ahead of me! I love sobriety!!!
Old 12-11-2016, 12:59 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Morning gang. Day 7 for me today so that's 1 week down! I feel a WHOLE lot better than I did this time last week. I was in a right state, particularly mentally.

As a big sports fan there's plenty of stuff to watch to keep me busy today & I'm loaded up on nice sober drinks to help kick those cravings away.