Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 11-19-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hello. I would like to join the November class if it is not to late. I am not new to this forum, but having lost all my info, I am starting over anew. I am a closet wino, binge drinker mostly. I was sober for a year, than spiraled back to my old ways, hiding bottles, carrying a never seemingly empty glass, but thinking I pulled it off as "only" having one or two for the evening. My habit started back up slowly, but than progressed into binge drinking multiple bottles over 2-3 days time. I stay sober the 4 days that I work, but those 3 other days, well they were a different story, and those 3 days start tomorrow, so my plan is one minute, one moment at a time, write in my journal and check in here daily. I also plan to stay away from stores as much as possible. I hope you will have me, the support here is phenomanel!
Old 11-19-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Today is day 1 for me! I'm new here and I hope this will help me stay on the right path.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to the November Nobenders, badgerden and RainbowBird! Stick close, post often, ask for help as soon as you need it, help others when you can, and remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what lies/rationalizations your addiction is whispering in your ear.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Welcome badgerden, it's never too late.

Also welcome Rainbowbird its always good to have more people to add to our support!
Old 11-19-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I actually joined this site in September, made it 45 days and then made the decision to drink. I should have joined the September class and maybe having a place to check in that's smaller than the overall group, might have helped. Soooo, now that this is Day 4, I would like join the November class as well. I have a long drinking career spanning 4 decades, and although my last drinks were not the "worst", I still don't feel great and know that I want something more than this. I was not an every day drinker, but made up for it when I did. I hope to open up more and more as time goes on and look forward to meeting everyone. Today is Thanksgiving with our son and girlfriend, very appropriate. -Pips
Old 11-19-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pipster View Post
I actually joined this site in September, made it 45 days and then made the decision to drink. I should have joined the September class and maybe having a place to check in that's smaller than the overall group, might have helped. Soooo, now that this is Day 4, I would like join the November class as well. I have a long drinking career spanning 4 decades, and although my last drinks were not the "worst", I still don't feel great and know that I want something more than this. I was not an every day drinker, but made up for it when I did. I hope to open up more and more as time goes on and look forward to meeting everyone. Today is Thanksgiving with our son and girlfriend, very appropriate. -Pips
Welcome Pipster, 45 days is a great achievement. I hope you are being kind to yourself
Old 11-19-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Thank you all and congrats on the 45 days Pipster!!

remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what lies/rationalizations your addiction is whispering in your ear.
Yes! absolutely true and thank you!

Badge

Last edited by badgerden; 11-19-2016 at 12:25 PM. Reason: added name
Old 11-19-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

HUGS to everyone!

So glad to be here with you all, instead of at the bar where my AV was headed earlier today.....luckily I came home and took a nap instead.

Cheese AND Puppies?!?!? Two of my favorite things! Sign me up!
Old 11-19-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

This Class certainly is filling up. We are the Class of choice, choosing not to drink, and supporting each other in that choice. Thank you all for being there.

The thinking is nuts hey, Applekat. I mean, why wait? I have done the same many times. The speed of the thought turning to action is frightening. One minute I'm committed to sobriety, next I've got a beer in my hand. My last lapse had me take this thing SERIOUSLY, and intend to do all that it takes to remain sober with nicely relaxed knuckles

There is no other way for me, and the realisation feels good, even if loaded with anxiety and the fear of self acceptance.

Congrats on Day 1 Applekat we are all in this together and slips par for the course for many of us, you are not alone, we learn.

Was wondering where you were CuppaRosie. It's a great feeling when you get though something without recourse to pills. This is the stuff I am trying to build on, laying the foundations and not feeling afraid of who I am as a sober woman.

That's not good about your father-in-law me, hope you got him to a doctor and that it turns out to be nothing too serious.

Now I'm thinking about blackbird, Illuminate, Mish, purpl, Opti, keeppushing, Casey, Phoenix and EVERYONE and my head just turned to putty. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I have to go finish packing my childhood home as Mum and brother are both in nursing homes now. I'm looking forward to seeing my siblings sober. They have all been so good, with my sister saying to me that she has always wanted me in her life, if not for the alcohol.

I have no time to address individually, but in essence we are the ONE - all working on lasting sobriety. I wish this for all of us.

Sending my love and support to you all. And welcome to ..

Rainbowbird, Pipster and badgerden
Old 11-19-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'd like to join your group. It's day 6 for me. I've made many attempts this year at staying alcohol free. I started AA this week and have been to 3 meetings. My life is still a mess and will be for some time but AA has given me hope and I feel far less alone then I did a week ago. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!
Old 11-19-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Checking in on Day 2. Welcome to all who have joined us..you're in safe hands. Congrats on 2 weeks Casey xxx
Old 11-19-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'm new too. Just finished day 2 and off to my second meeting tomorrow. There's hope and determination in me this time, finally.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

GROUP HUG!!!
Old 11-19-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome rainbowbord, badgerden, noneever & pipster

Applekat, why do you think you're not committed to full sobriety?

D
Old 11-19-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Emzeh View Post
Nic you've awoken a beast! Finished Mockingjay, finished the last Resident Evil and now watching Maze Runner
Lol I hope you enjoyed them after all this time?!!! :-)

I have seriously been TRYING to watch the greys anatomy series for years!! I get to about season 5 and it's all over!!! Would love to finish the other 5 or 6 seasons that my boys have bought me! Maybe that can be this afternoons misson- - DVD marathon lol!!!
Old 11-19-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Well done on 2 weeks Casey- that's amazing!! Keep going :-)

I'm now on day 6 and it's so exciting to wake up early on a Sunday morning without a hangover!!! I actually took a coffee back to bed as the kids are still asleep !! Starting to get a little more energy so will put it to good use and have a spring clean I think- I've fallen behind on some housework ( as I'm usually always drunk within half an hour of getting home from work!! )
Hope everyone has a wonderful and sober Sunday x
Old 11-19-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Sorry I have not posted in a bit. Been out all day again. Santa parade in town, a little shopping with my girls. Homework this afternoon and now about to sit and read a book with my youngest for a book report. Finish of day five. I will get more up to date with everybody tomorrow. Thinking of you all, my online family. Hugs. Xx
Old 11-19-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Well there's good and bad news guys. I broke my sobriety at the Wedding on Friday. The pull of a family wedding on only day 4 was to strong for me.
On the bright side I sayed in control and didn't make a tit of myself. Wasn't even hung over on Saturday.
Also now with it being Sunday i'm back on day 2 already! With no social events on the horizon now so lets do this!
Old 11-19-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Good (here) morning all. Thoughts for a peaceful, happy and sober day for me and everybody who is not me. PJ
Old 11-19-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Administrator

did you learn anything tho Sober81?

D