Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 11-18-2016, 09:50 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You and your mum can support each other Emzeh?
I hope so Dee but that still comes with its own awkwardness. Im 28 and havent seen her for 15 years until recently, didnt even know she had liver failure for the past few years. We can get past it definitely because coming together is important, still very strange though
Old 11-18-2016, 09:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm also very peed off to hear that my cousins who were on that side of the family and so closer to my Nan, hadnt even bothered to visit her in the hospital!
Old 11-18-2016, 10:19 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone~

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Nan Emzeh

Welcome Mish and anyone else new Glad you are here.

It's the end of day 4. I am feeling ok. I am excited for tomorrow as my sister in law reserved a new bulldog puppy she is going to surprise my brother with for Christmas. We are going to go look at her tomorrow as she hasn't actually seen her yet, just pictures online. It is a 2 hour drive each way and she wants to leave at 9am, which is early for me on Saturday morning, but it will be fun.

Wishing everyone a happy, sober weekend
Old 11-18-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Hi everyone~

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Nan Emzeh

Welcome Mish and anyone else new Glad you are here.

It's the end of day 4. I am feeling ok. I am excited for tomorrow as my sister in law reserved a new bulldog puppy she is going to surprise my brother with for Christmas. We are going to go look at her tomorrow as she hasn't actually seen her yet, just pictures online. It is a 2 hour drive each way and she wants to leave at 9am, which is early for me on Saturday morning, but it will be fun.

Wishing everyone a happy, sober weekend
Thankyou emme...also.....

EEEEEEEEEEEE!! PUPPY!
Old 11-18-2016, 11:11 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

First of all thanks to everyone sharing their experiences in this thread...
Made it back into the gym this morning for the first time since August. I felt great for a few hours after, but I'm still feeling a LOT of anxiety. I feel I am always on edge. This is normal I know, I'm only on day six... but when does it go away? It is robbing me of feeling relaxed (something I used to rely on booze for, which would backfire the next morning of course). Having trouble feeling free and finding joy. Anyone have experience with this?
Old 11-19-2016, 12:26 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

I just read the 55 pages of Class of November 2016. Such a supportive wonderful group. Glad I'm back on the road to recovery with you. Halfway through Day 1.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:53 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Mish

we will all be with you in spirit Emzeh

D
Old 11-19-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Morning all here from Dublin, Not so good news for me yesterday unfortunately. Mothers husband collapsed coming home from work 2 days ago and was rushed too hospital. Was told he wont see a doctor until the next morning/day as they where so busy. He is really stubborn and signed himself out. Roll on next morning and he wouldn't leave the bed/house. Doctor was called and they where told he is suffering anxiety and was prescribed medication. Roll on yesterday morning and when he woke he came out with the weirdest and strangest talk that my 3 year old little girl would realise what these things where for and what purpose they served. He was completely clueless! An hour later he packed a bag and said he wasn't coming bk. Spent all day looking for him but couldn't find him anywhere. He came home last night and wen't straight too bed. Really really worried he has a bleed on the brain or even a brain tumour with what he came out with and he needs too get too the hospital asap! The problem is, he is just about 7 ft tall, has gotten really angry and aggressive and does not know/remeber what he is or has done an hour later . Really **** situation as I am terrified he will do something he doesn't realise too my mother/too himself or that it will be too late before we manage too get him too the hospital. Needed too get this off my chest, possibly not the right place for it but main thing behind it is A did not cross my mind once and here is too day 6. Today will no doubt be another stressful day and possibly many more too come but I won't give in or give up. Have a nice day all and be safe
Old 11-19-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thats a weird situation me1489 it definitely sounds like he needs some proper medical attention - I hope you can manage to get him there. I am obviously not a doctor but it sounds similar to family members I have had with early onset dementia and even a tiny stroke with no other symptoms can accelerate that

Also this is absolutely the right place to let loose x
Old 11-19-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Truthbetold76 View Post
Happy Friday! (although everyday is Friday when you're not working LOL)
Looks like the last nice day here in Ontario...18 today! then it drops by Sunday and snow..ew ew. haha. We knew it was coming so I am grateful for the last 2 weeks of beautiful weather.
Trying to figure out how to stay busy this weekend...Day 18 today. Feeling really good, waking up feeling positive although slightly anxious about finding work. I keep telling myself it's only been 3 weeks... early days and something WILL come up as long as I keep staying on this track.
I hope everyone has a great sober Friday
Your optimism is beautiful! 3 weeks is not a lot of time and it sounds like you are being very proactive and doing everything you should to find a new job. Good luck and congrats on 18 days!
Old 11-19-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Emzeh View Post
Thats a weird situation me1489 it definitely sounds like he needs some proper medical attention - I hope you can manage to get him there. I am obviously not a doctor but it sounds similar to family members I have had with early onset dimentia and even a tiny stroke with no other symptoms can accelerate that

Also this is absolutely the right place to let loose x
means a lot. Yea stoke or dimentia crossed my mind but wasn't sure if it could happen that fast? No warning signs or lead ups. For sure mini stroke or w/e but was not sure about the dimentia bit. His father died over dimentia so it is definitely a possibility.

Read back couple pages I missed, sorry too hear about your loss and hopefully everything wen't too plan/goes too plan. Also I have the same cat problem lmao can be really annoying
Old 11-19-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing the best for you and your family me1489.

D
Old 11-19-2016, 03:48 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by me1489 View Post
means a lot. Yea stoke or dimentia crossed my mind but wasn't sure if it could happen that fast? No warning signs or lead ups. For sure mini stroke or w/e but was not sure about the dimentia bit. His father died over dimentia so it is definitely a possibility.

Read back couple pages I missed, sorry too hear about your loss and hopefully everything wen't too plan/goes too plan. Also I have the same cat problem lmao can be really annoying
Again only from my experience it really does happen that fast sometimes I think, I guess even the smallest bleed on your brain can be catastrophic if its in the wrong place. I was speaking to a friend whos Mum had a stroke as well and she also said she was surprised at how sudden it was. But still, it could be something way less serious and I hope that is the case!

The nuisance is outside now after trying to savage me...!
Old 11-19-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by me1489 View Post
Morning all here from Dublin, Not so good news for me yesterday unfortunately. Mothers husband collapsed coming home from work 2 days ago and was rushed too hospital. Was told he wont see a doctor until the next morning/day as they where so busy. He is really stubborn and signed himself out. Roll on next morning and he wouldn't leave the bed/house. Doctor was called and they where told he is suffering anxiety and was prescribed medication. Roll on yesterday morning and when he woke he came out with the weirdest and strangest talk that my 3 year old little girl would realise what these things where for and what purpose they served. He was completely clueless! An hour later he packed a bag and said he wasn't coming bk. Spent all day looking for him but couldn't find him anywhere. He came home last night and wen't straight too bed. Really really worried he has a bleed on the brain or even a brain tumour with what he came out with and he needs too get too the hospital asap! The problem is, he is just about 7 ft tall, has gotten really angry and aggressive and does not know/remeber what he is or has done an hour later . Really **** situation as I am terrified he will do something he doesn't realise too my mother/too himself or that it will be too late before we manage too get him too the hospital. Needed too get this off my chest, possibly not the right place for it but main thing behind it is A did not cross my mind once and here is too day 6. Today will no doubt be another stressful day and possibly many more too come but I won't give in or give up. Have a nice day all and be safe
Gosh, I don't know how I would handle such a stressful situation. Definitely don't give up but I do hope you can find some support so you don't have to handle this alone. Thinking of you...congrats on day 6.
Old 11-19-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Emzeh- my heart goes out to you as you grieve your loss...
Old 11-19-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thankyou Sunflowerlife for the support
Old 11-19-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 6 over here and feeling pretty good.
DH and I had a date night last night and it was actually really great to connect with him. I was worried about how it was going to go because in therapy yesterday she asked me if I still love him and I said "I don't know." Not because I know what love is and I have lost that feeling but because I don't understand how two people who can oftentimes dislike or even hate each other can also hold love for each other...it's very confusing to me.

Anyway, instead of a sit-down restaurant with a bar which is usually what we do, we went to Chipotle (little Mexcian fast food joint here in the States for those of you elsewhere.) I didn't realize they served beer there- that threw me off but only for a split second.

We sat outside and talked- it was dark out and in a parking lot but no one else was outside so it was kind of nice. Then we went to a few stores up the street- DH got some boots and we bought a few Christmas ornaments for the kids. All in all it was a nice time with him and I am looking forward to doing it again.

It's nice to reconnect with him and I'm realizing that is the main problem- we never spend time together without the kids and seeing that they are our biggest source of stress, we really should have focused on more dates over the last 5 years. Oh well, you live and you learn. Our goal is to do this once a month from now on.

Wishing everyone a great weekend- stay strong and check in if you need support...

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-19-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi classmates, have caught up on your posts but have been busy and tired and just trying to keep going so haven't posted for a while. Very much hoping this will get easier for us all, but in the meantime I'm making progress so that'll do me for now. Emzeh I am so sorry for your loss and sending you a big hug x

Ps had a very stressful meeting to attend and was very tempted to take something to calm me but resisted - first time in years I've faced up to anything difficult without chucking a handful of pills down my neck. Celebrating these small wins feels nice.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Not because I know what love is and I have lost that feeling but because I don't understand how two people who can oftentimes dislike or even hate each other can also hold love for each other...it's very confusing to me
Congrats on day 6 and absolutely 100% I get this! I dont even have children but man I could kick that fella in the face sometimes :-) but im really glad you had a good time together... we are also starting to learn again why we havent given up on each other yet and it can be quite enlightening
Old 11-19-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Stay strong RosieLee and thank you

P.s well done! Got to love those little victories over the AV!