Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 11-25-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Welcome to the new nobenders: StarStarStar, Cchick, tnek97, cat1961 and anyone I may have missed (sorry!)

MidnightRider I love the Allman Bros! The best/funnest day of my life (excluding children/husband stuff) was one of their concerts in the Summer of 1999. I may have already told you this before when I was on here years ago. And if I did, I prob also already told you I like to play guitar as well.

Optimist, your granddaughter has good taste! I love me some peppermint bark. I'm going to have to try the club soda with cranberry juice and lime. I currently have lime Perrier with cherry juice, which is also pretty good.

Badger, congratulations on the announcement of the new addition to your family!

Today is the 6th day I haven't drank and I'm still strong in my resolve. I told my husband of my decision to quit drinking. I also told him that I didn't want to let him down or affect his sobriety. He said "I told you I don't care what you do". That may be true. He is always asking me if I want to get wine when we are at the store, and when we are out to eat and I only order water he asks why I'm not getting wine. Honestly there have been many times when I'm resisting the urge to drink, then he says something like that and that's all it takes for me to change my mind. I don't blame him because I've never mentioned it. I actually kind of liked it because then I could justify it in my head that it was his idea, or I must not have a problem if he is offering it to me. In fact, to be really honest, I know that part of why I didn't want to tell him I'm trying to stop drinking is in case I changed my mind. Gee it feels good to be brutally honest. I was about to say "maybe some small part of me didn't want to tell him just in case...". Nope. I know damn well that was a reason I didn't want to tell him, and it is the BIGGEST reason why I did.

It is only the first week and right now I'm not having to worry about really being tempted to drink or anything. The problem I am facing is worrying about the future. I know that "day by day" is important but I just know once it has been a while I'm going to be able to convince myself I don't have a problem. I'm worried I will let other people convince me I don't. I want so badly to hold on to the way I feel right now. How I KNOW this is the right decision.
So I"m going to make a letter to myself. While it's fresh in my mind, I am going to recount the last time I drank and the aftermath. I'm going to try to explain how I feel and why I cannot have even one drink. Hopefully I will actually read it if I am contemplating making that mistake.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hi Nobenders! Made it to work and back without drinking. I was getting a little nervous at closing time cuz I usually have one stashed with me for the ride home or grab a pack at the carryout around the corner. Today was neither and drove right by the carryout and a few bars.

It really hit home when I was riding my bike home (in the dark) and see a guy staggering along the sidewalk. I was praying he wouldn't bounce into me and knock me into traffic. It was scary and I quietly passed right by after announcing my presence. I don't ever want to be seen like that again!

Badge - I feel (felt) the same symptoms of anxiety, fear, etc. Glad it's going to pass.

Truth - great job on the accomplishment

starstarstar - glad to see you made it back today. Right! Avoid any stores today - I certainly couldn't handle the stress. Hope you're feeling better

Steely - Really sorry with what you're going through including Mum & the neighbors. Good for you staying strong and sober

cchick - sorry about the cut and I am on the same path with the injuries. I've got some pretty banged up legs from my last wipe out. It's very unattractive in shorts.

Ladyshipwreck - congrats on your 6th day. I've got just a couple to go and can't wait

Dee - for being there for all of us.

Big shout out to any I had missed. Great job!

Time to kick back with my chamomile tea and watch some tube.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Gee, a lot of us have sustained injuries, hey? And there I was thinking I was the only one. We will limp over the line victorious. Go Team!
Old 11-25-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi y'all, just sticking my head in quickly to say hi... I think I'm back. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Plenny
Old 11-25-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Plenny
Old 11-25-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi Dee good to see you
Old 11-25-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi Plenny looking forward to meeting you too
Old 11-25-2016, 11:32 PM