Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 9

Old 11-22-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Winslow, I'm so sorry you're going through this. How are you holding up? What these kids of ours put us through. A mother's instincts are usually pretty accurate but our kids most often fail to listen to us. Keep us posted ....

I'm not very happy with my daughter right now, either. I found her Twitter account and it was filled with trash talk, drug references, smoking, sex stuff, etc. This is not the daughter I raised for sure. The worst part of it was a comment she made about my house being toxic and that she was happy she got the **** out of there. Really hurtful awful stuff. I texted her and told her that it hurt my feelings. She tried to make some excuse for it and it didn't fly with me. I'm very close to wanting her to live with her Dad, not me. I have been asking for this for a long time. It's usually the other way around - people fighting to keep their kids with them - now it's me fighting to get her to live with her Dad. I simply cannot handle her and with my Mom's health issues, I have to be strong and focus on the important stuff, not stupid teenage drama/selfish behavior. She's too old to be acting like this. When is she going to grow up?

I was waiting all day to hear about my Mom's scan report. I was a wreck all day - in between the worries about my Mom and my daughter's hurtful comments. The good news is that the scan was good. It's about as good of news as we can expect and now she sees an oncologist. Thinking positive, but man this has been a trying time.

My daughter comes back late tonight and sadly I'm dreading it. I wish I had a better relationship with her. We used to be very close. So sad about everything (except the good medical news).

Winslow, please keep us posted on your daughter's situation!
Old 11-22-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

My daughter has just landed in Baltimore and ex-H is picking her up. I'm happy to see her, but praying for a peaceful time with her. She always seems to stir up drama and I'm just not up for it this time (when am I ever up for it, right?)

I went grocery shopping tonight - late! I figured it was best to avoid the Thanksgiving day shoppers during the day today and tomorrow so went at like 11:00 at night. Good time to go - got lots of good food for the weekend. Winslow, did you go yet?

Midton, did you feel the earthquake? Not sure where you are in relation to where it was.

My son and I saw a really good movie tonight - "Moana" by Disney. It was an animated film & musical. Normally my son hates musicals, but he loved this one. It wasn't over the top with the music. And the music was very nice and the story, too. When it was over the audience clapped. I always love it when that happens. Feel good movie for the weekend.

Take care everyone - I will try as well! No drinking for me. None whatsoever.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi guys - I hope someone is reading this. We have a small group now, but you guys know me, so here's what happened.

So my instincts and worries were that something was going to go wrong with my daughter at home. Then I decided I was being silly - to give her a chance and trust her a bit that she's making good decisions.

Well within a few hours of having her home, I had to kick her out and drop her at her Dad's house. We had a nice honest talk about all sorts of things - drugs, pot, smoking, alcohol, sex and growing up. Then I told her that right now, while she's living in my house, she has to respect my rules. And my rules are no drugs, no drinking, no smoking of anything in or around my house - pot or cigarettes. She agreed that she would abide by rules and try to be more honest with me.

So I went to bed and within a few minutes smelled smoke. I got up and the kitchen was filled with smoke - cigarette smoke - after I just told her my rules and she agreed to them. What the hell is wrong with her?

I picked up her suitcase, told her to get in the car and drove her to her Dad's house in the middle of the night. If she doesn't respect me, maybe she'll respect him.

I know I'll be sad tomorrow but tonight I still angry. I'm airing out my house from the cigarette smoke which is just nasty and is affecting my eyes. What a jerk my daughter is.

I'm not drinking. If anything, it strengthens my resolve to take care of my myself and have good clean sober living for myself. I'm only in charge of myself and I choose health over addiction.

Sorry for the downer post, but I'm probably going to need support from my good buddies here. Thanks guys.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

p.s. I have zero sleep tonight and it's 5:00 am. Almost time to go to work. I'm going to have to sleep later today. Not fair to do this to me, is it.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Juno,I'm sorry about your daughters but I'm gonna tell you that it's better to put your foot down now!! I should have been stricter with Michelle(FL daughter) instead of letting stuff fly by when she was a teen cuz now she's 26 and still acting like a fool! You did the right thing,, trust me, get some rest hon
Old 11-23-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks, Winslow! I appreciate the pep talk. I needed that today. It's been a really dark day for me. I felt depressed before, but now the depression just went down a notch deeper in the abyss. Maybe it's only up from here? I hope so. My ex-H and his GF are a lot more rigid and strict than I am, so we'll see if she's able to take advantage of them. I can tell you that they will be growing tired of her antics very soon. Too bad. She's your kid now - best of luck.

I was thinking back to happier times when she and I were close and it made me sad today. On the bright side, I have two wonderful boys and a wonderful boy doggie. They are my life right now as well as my parents. Let's focus on the people (and dog) that I have and love.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I'm going to a 2 hour yoga class in the morning. My parents and I will have dinner around 4:00 pm. All the kids will go to ex's house to have dinner there. Have a great day, Winslow (and Dee and Midton and whoever else is reading!)

p.s. Still sober and planning to stay this way for life.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you have a good Thanksgiving everyone who celebrates it

D
Old 11-24-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving Juno my daughter and her boyfriend are"working it out" I swear I got all worked up for her B.S,good thing I don't drink anymore right? I would have used it as an excuse to get drunk when she's grown enough to do her own thing! So over it, wondering if I should take a walk or just be lazy today? Hair is still damp so I'll see later, hello to Dee and Midton, hope everyone has a nice AF day
Old 11-24-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee and Winslow. It was not a great day for me - my heart is heavy and sad. There were a few light and happy moments with my parents and I will hang on to those. I guess the best news is that I'm not even thinking about drinking, don't want to, but can't seem to find my way out of the darkness. Maybe some prayers even though I'm not religious. Thanks all, good wishes to everyone today.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kids do have a way of growing up and growing out of the rebellious phase and coming back around to better relationships as adults Juno - I hope that's the case here
Old 11-24-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. I'm going to take a break from posting on SR. Don't worry - it has nothing to do with wanting to drink. I DO NOT WANT THAT and it will not happen. I just need some time to get my head together and posting when I'm down doesn't seem to make me feel better, it just feeds into the feeling and makes it grow. Fortunately, Midton and Winslow are in good places and Winslow has other places on the forum to post and get support. I hope to come back happier. I know I will be back with a lot more sober time. I think I'm on Day 7 - haven't been keeping too close a track of the numbers, but I have the strength and support of my parents right now which has been a huge difference for me this time. Take care <3
Old 11-24-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the break helps but I also hope if anything changes and you do want to drink you'll post here first Juno - you deserve the best, and the help here is the best

D
Old 12-02-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I was thinking about you all today,our little group and I'm really sad everyone is gone we had a nice little bond going and I just can't seem to find anything else like it,I'm sure everyone is doing well and that does make me happy but I still miss all of us together
Old 12-02-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's the way of these threads sometimes Winslow.
The One Year and Under thread is pretty good.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-56-a-14.html

I genuinely hope everyone's doing well and staying sober

D
Old 12-03-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Me too Dee,thanks for the link
Old 12-06-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Winslow! Hi Dee! Thinking of you all today. I am doing BETTER. All life situations not resolved, but I am personally doing better, in a better place and getting the (therapeutic) help that I need. Also more yoga and self care. Sober date is Nov. 30. Day 7 today. Hope all are well!
Old 12-06-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week Juno

D
Old 12-06-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. Looks like the group has kind of broken up, but I just wanted to let you all know I'm on the right track. Hope all are doing well!
Old 12-06-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello Juno- I was alive last October (I think) so I thought it ok to read this thread a bit. Thanks for the posts. PJ
Old 12-07-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Phoenix, thanks for stopping by! This thread is a bit lonely at the moment so nice to have some company. That is funny - "I was alive last October..." Good one! See you around!