Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 9

Old 01-01-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Happy New Year, Winslow!!

I'm doing well. On day 33, to day 34 tomorrow. Keeping track of days because it's motivating. On Dec. 31 when I had over 30 days, I bought myself a little beaded bracelet at my yoga studio. While I was doing yoga, I kept looking at my bracelet saying, "You earned it." It meant more because it represented an accomplishment. I plan to do the same for 60 days and even 90.

I have had odd thoughts about drinking wine, probably because of the holiday season. But today I went back and read in my journal about the last 3 times I drank, all in November. Fortunately I wrote down in great detail what my hangovers were like. It was enough to turn me away from those thoughts. I never want to feel that way again!! Journals are good like that - we tend to forget the bad stuff, or at least I do (being the eternal optimist).

Again, happy new year to all!
Old 01-01-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Juno

D
Old 01-01-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Happy New Year, Dee!
Old 01-02-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm so proud of you Juno I'm not sure how many days exactly I am but I haven't drank since my last episode in Nov,let's make this our year I love how your journal was enough to crush the thoughts,also love the charm bracelet idea,you go girl!
Old 01-02-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thanks, Winslow! We both have to make this our year. Fumbled around too much in 2016, but there's nothing left but sickness and misery if we pick up again. We're both doing awesome as we enter the near year

I had a really busy day today for a day off - some days are just like that, I guess! My son had his friend come over and his Mom likes to spend a lot of time talking with me so that's how it went. I did manage to get the bills done, but it's back to work for me tomorrow and back to school for the kids. That's okay, we're ready!
Old 01-05-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey Juno,figured I'd stop by and see how you're doing, I've been so exhausted these past two days I hope I'm not catching a cold cuz I was having sneeze attacks yesterday, probably just the wind,anyway I hope all is well with you and the kids
Old 01-06-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi Winslow, thanks for checking on me. You must have had a sixth sense because I relapsed this week, just last night. I got through the holidays just fine - that's not a problem for me - but when it came time to get back to the regular routine again, with work in full swing and the kids back in school, I cracked from stress. That just tells me where my trouble spots are. I tend to do much better on the weekends because there is less stress.

Today I'm just planning on getting through this hangover, drinking lots of juice to hydrate, take a hot bubble bath and journal exactly what went on last night. Tomorrow I will look to make some changes when I'm feeling better. Stress is the issue.

Oh, and I've decided that I should start thinking of myself as an alcoholic. I have resisted that label for a long time, but I think it's time to change the way I look at myself. That doesn't mean I go around announcing this to the word, just how I think of myself.

Glad you're doing well, Winslow. There is always that post holiday letdown, isn't there? I put away all the Christmas stuff except for the tree. I have a few more days to enjoy that and my dog loves it - he goes under the tree and scratches his back on the branches
Old 01-06-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

That's so cute about your dog Juno isn't it funny how most people are scared of the weekend cuz they'll be tempted but for us it's the work week that stresses us,my relapses have always been on a weekday,I just try and keep to my routine and it usually helps, don't be hard on yourself cuz you're still making great progress and you always learn something from relapses, I've noticed that about you
Old 01-08-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey Winslow, thanks for the pep talk. I'm doing better today - back on Day 3 and got a lot of sleep last night. This week I start my new plan of yoga, running and meetings. Can't seem to get it on track. I hope the weather doesn't mess things up - you never know with winter around here. The temp is 18 def F.... YIKES! Are you kidding me? I have to take my dog out and I'm going to need lots of layers.

Ready for a good day - a Sunday. The boys are at their Dad's so I get a little break. I have about 2 hours of work to catch up on, but that will be fine. Have a great day, Winslow! And anyone else reading this
Old 01-08-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Winslow, I just wanted to let you know I'm taking a break from posting. I've decided to do a lot less internet stuff right now and more internal stuff (meditation, etc.) I'm shifting the game plan a bit. I know you're doing well so congrats! I'll check in when I can, but didn't want you to be alarmed or surprised if I'm not posting. Hi to everyone else, hope you're doing well!
Old 01-08-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have to admit I get a little anxious when people 'leave'....even for a while...but you know where we are Juno.

Have a good break

D
Old 09-01-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Long time no see. I'm here again - is anyone still reading here or checking in? Hi to Winslow, Grizzly, Midton and Sydneyman!!
Old 08-21-2018, 12:49 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi to the old group! I haven’t quite found my footing but am getting there. I remember this group fondly! Hope all are well. Sydneyman, Winslow, Grizzly, Midton...and a shout out to my old friend Shoei! Miss you all.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:15 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

That was a good, strong and helpful group. We bonded well. I wonder how everyone is too.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:58 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

​​​​​​ive missed this litttle group! Just barely came back to Soberrecovery this week,I've been doing ok but still having bouts of drinking here and there unfortunately but I am doing somewhat better,I really hope everyone that was here back then is living happily and healthy

Last edited by Winslow; 11-11-2018 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spellcheck