Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 9

Old 12-07-2016, 03:08 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day 8 and doing well.

Saw psychiatrist for help with family issues and also a wonderful therapist that I use for help. Thinking of getting back to Group Therapy, SMART meetings (I already know lots of people there), Yoga of course and even treating myself to things like spa and meditation sessions. I'm worth it!!

Hope all are well, whoever is reading. Oh yea, also heavily into buying and organizing Christmas gifts. It's kind of fun this year because I'm keeping it simple as opposed to previous years. I told the kids "You're all teenagers now, you don't need as much 'stuff', so I'll get you a few things that you want and a stocking with little stuff and that's it! I think things get a little easier on the Mom when the kids grow up (some things get easier, other things get more difficult).

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 12-07-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Juno

D
Old 12-07-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're working on you Juno,I'm trying too have a nice Wednesday
Old 12-07-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hanging in there, Winslow! I am sooooo tired tonight! Serves me right for getting up so early today The bottom line is that ANYTHING beats being hungover. I can deal with tired!

I have to run to get some fresh fruit at the grocery store. My younger son really likes fruit so I have to have lots of fresh stuff on hand for him. He'll spend until Sunday with me so going to stock up. Was also thinking about a stop at Five Below for some stocking stuffers. That's such a fun store, but I tend to only go there about once a year around Christmas time. When my kids were younger I went there a lot!
Old 12-11-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober. Day 12 today, 13 tomorrow.

I finished all my Christmas shopping this weekend and that feels great! Still lots going on and and lots to do. I had a brief moment where I craved a glass of red wine as I was walking around the mall shopping and saw a couple of women in this Italian restaurant relaxing with wine and I thought, "Oh, how lucky they are! Look at me stressing out going around this mall fighting the crowds shopping for gifts!" But I got over it. The red wine always looks better in the glass than it does coming up as red chunks in the toilet. Yeah, I have to remind myself of that!

I have been watching some really mindless movies on DVD. Last night: "Mike and Dave need wedding dates." Tonight" "Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising." Shows the mental state of my brain right now :/ But I am sober and enjoying the moon at night on my walks with my dog and a clear head.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Great job on 13 days Juno
Old 12-12-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

good going Juno - congrats :_)
congrats to you too Winslow

D
Old 12-12-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 12-12-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Winslow! Congrats to you, too, Winslow. We seem to be the last two holdouts on this thread!

I'm watching some football and chilling tonight. Not a bad day - did not work but took my son to two medical appointments which was tiring enough. Hoping for a good week - going to my old SMART meeting tomorrow night, dinner out with a good friend on Wednesday, and taking my boys to see Rogue One on Thursday. Company holiday party on Friday (during the day, not at night). Fun week, I hope!
Old 12-14-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just passing COO15's.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi Phoenix!

So I'm on Day 15 now - 2 weeks under my belt. My energy is really strong and I find myself tackling problems, going around the office at work and saying hi to people and getting things accomplished, whereas when I was hungover I would hide at my desk/computer and just try to work and get through. What a difference!

I went to my old SMART meeting last night - lots of the same old friends and some new. The old guys tend to come week after week and the young folks kind of cycle through. The old folks tend to have alcohol problems and the younger ones usually marijuana. Just an observation. I'm one of the many women who come through with a wine problem. However, I don't kid myself - it's all alcohol for me - but it just comes through in the form of wine.

The moderator at the meeting (who is a good friend of mine) commented that I looked good. There is a difference between when I'm on like Day 1 or 2 to when I'm on Day 14 - my face looks brighter and better - there really is a difference.

I'm doing well and will add more exercise to the mix as soon as i get through the holidays!

Hi Winslow, Hi Dee and anyone else out there!
Old 12-14-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Old 12-14-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Juno,you sound really good I'm just waiting for Christmas to be over with, seems like nobody in my family is even into it this year, maybe it came too fast, maybe the weather stayed too warm too long,maybe we're sad Michelle won't be here, who knows, BTW how's your daughter doing? Is she still with her dad? Wish the gang here was back together, I miss the way we all talked with each other, seems the other threads I post on are just quick check ins from everyone, meh,maybe I just need a better social life haha,congratulations on 2 weeks,keep it up
Old 12-14-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks, Winslow. I'm a little anxious tonight for some reason. I met my friend for dinner but had to drive to Virginia to see her (we only live like 15 minutes from Virginia, but the drive to where she was staying takes like 35 minutes or so). Was great to see her but on the way back I hate driving home in the dark - the drive is tricky and sometimes I end up in a bad section of DC without meaning to. I somehow veered off course and ended up in a deserted section of DC, was panicking a bit and then thought "calm down. You're safe No one's even here. Just keep driving" and I got back on the highway and got home. Will need some of my anti-anxiety meds tonight. However, good news - did not drink at dinner and didn't even really think about it! She was drinking water and hot tea so that made it easy.

Yeah, I do miss our little group Winslow. We had such a good dyanmic. Maybe someone will come re-join - you never know. Sorry you're feeling a little down about Christmas. I love Christmas and hope I can get in spirit again soon. Playing a little music, wrapping gifts, giving donations to the Salvation Army, all of those things and also time with family.

I can see how your daughter being in Florida would make you down. That must be hard. My daughter comes home on Friday (just 2 days away) but we still have not really made up. I think it's going to take time. My exH has agreed to care for her for now. I will most likely see her. Everyone needs a Mom - I wish she didn't try to grow up so fast and push me away. I still need my Mom and I'm 52!!

Have a good night - we're closing in on the weekend!
Old 12-18-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

20 days tomorrow and just about zero cravings. It's definitely time to let this bad habit go. I even went to my company holiday party on Friday (during the day) and wasn't tempted that there was alcohol there. People were boozing it up on wine and champagne and I just went and got a diet coke and a big plate of food.

The biggest benefit I've noticed is my skin on my face. It's so smooth and soft and healthy. I feel like I've lost about 5 years of aging in just this short time without the wine binges. I love my skin!!!

Alright folks, had a good day here so will keep it at that. Hope others check in if able.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

My Christmas shopping Is done! I'm so happy yesterday I was getting the food for Christmas though and it hit me how much money I've spent on the holiday, sheesh,oh well better than on nasty alcohell! Juno,you sound great I betcha some of our gang pop in after the new year,always a good time to make new changes,we shall see
Old 12-19-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Winslow, congrats on getting all your shopping done! That must feel great!

I thought I was all done, but I keep remembering little things I need to get. Tonight I went shopping again because it's my daughter's birthday tomorrow (#18) and I'm still kind of pulling things together. It's a bittersweet time as she's going to be 18 and I question a lot of her decisions, but it is what it is. I have been reminded that I no longer have "control" over her so I will try my best to keep the peace. My son wanted to get her a Moana Pop Vinyl figure (it has special meaning for him since they saw the movie together) so I had to go looking for one. I thought it would be easy to find and then I spent about 45 minutes walking around a crowded mall looking for it - could not find it. Ugh. Then as a last ditch effort I drove to Target on the very small hope that they would have one. I was soooooo surprised that they did! I was so happy! Since her birthday is tomorrow and I had to find it, I felt so happy! One small victory today. I will look forward to getting near the end of the week because things are a little stressful.

I have to fire my dentist. I went to her today for a regular cleaning/check up and she tried to push on me a $600 teeth whitening procedure, which I didn't even ask her about. Then she went as far as to say that I should get it "before Christmas" and she could even make the appointment for me right now! Then she said I needed to have a filling redone and she could also do that this week. I made the appointment for the filling but told her I couldn't afford a $600 cosmetic procedure not covered by insurance. Then I started to question whether or not that filling actually needed to be redone or whether she's just trying to get more business this week. So unethical!! Tomorrow I will cancel the appointment and call a new dentist. Just what I needed before Christmas, right??? I'm glad this Monday is done.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Juno,something about dentists this year pushing work! I went last week and he said he needed to replace my crown, I asked how long for it to get back they said 2 weeks,put a temporary on it and when I went to the front desk to make the appointment to get the permanent, it was actually 3 weeks so now I hafta be super careful with this temporary tooth! Annoying Happy birthday to your daughter, glad things are going ok with you two
Old 12-20-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

ugh, dentists!! Winslow, I canceled my appointment for tomorrow. My Dad thinks my dentist is a scam artist so I need to get another dentist/opinion on this filling.

My daughter's birthday was today and it was a success! We had a little family party with a dozen delicious cupcakes and we gave her some sweet gifts that made her happy. I think this trip home is going to be way better for her than the last one. I'm happy I was able to pull it off. She loved the little Moana toy that my son gave her, too, so it was worth the effort to find it!

The bad news is that right after the party I started feeling flu like symptoms come on. It was so strange and so sudden. I was really cold and had to get under the covers, my head hurt, my throat scratchy, like a cold coming on fast. So I took a nap, then a hot bath, then some Advil, then some cough syrup for my throat and now in bed with warm comfy clothes. I hope I'm better for tomorrow because I have lots to do tomorrow. There's never a good time to get sick, right?

21 days today - 3 weeks. That's a good milestone.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to see you too doing ok

D