Administrator

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 6

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-21.html

D
Old 10-10-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey gang,

Mr. P, thanks for reaching out. You're the man!!

All is well here at 8 weeks. Proud of everyone too!

I had a busy last week. Had to winterize the pool and put up a new mail box. I bought bikes for me and my wife last as well. We've been taking rides with our son. What a great feeling riding with our boy. I haven't ridden a bike in probably 30 years. The simple things in life!

I'm just enjoying the fall weather too. I'll write more when I have I some time.

Have a great sober week A-team!
Old 10-10-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

52 Days

I started meditating again recently and I've become aware of a constant underlying anxiety. I'm trying to get familiar with it, to not panic and run from it. Does that make sense?
Old 10-10-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

@tree - I think the l process you are going through is amazing. I have been experiencing this with all kinds of emotions, not anxiety per se but stil my head is learning how to cope with feelings it didn't have to before. Well done for dealing with them in a healthy way!

@NT - great to see your back and glad things are going well for you! Will send you some music stuff very soon, very close to the final product now!

P
Old 10-10-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey A-Team!

Great too see so many doing so well. This week has been a struggle for me. I am going crazy with emotions. Life, Love etc. Two things I have not really been doing whilst drinking.

It seems like everytime I can put my finger on an emotion. (like the cause of the pain) a new one comes along. I feel so over whelmed and everyone says just relax. Ha! That is funny. The guilt and shame are terrible. I know what I need to do its just so hard doing it. I keep looking back at time wasted. I know you cant go forward looking back but its so hard.

Other parts of my life are good and/or getting better. My job is on tract and looks like I maybe might even get another promotion. I am grateful for that. My stupid gut is slowly... I mean SLOWLY going away but I have upped my exercise regiment the past 3 days. So we will see how that goes. I am giving my body time to heal and I dont want to starve myself or burn out. So, its going to be a process.

Anyway, I do hope all you guys continue in your sobriety. One of my high points is reading these posts when I can. I am constantly checking them in my free time. So as always, We got this A-Team!
Old 10-11-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi A-Team. Checking in, still sober and doing well. Today is 65 days of sober bliss
Old 10-11-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello A Team, I am bummed about the IOS problem too. (whatever IOS means) I just know that I cant post on here from my I-phone so if I want to respond while not at work, I cant. Anyway, Ive been doing well. The hurricane knocked out the power on Saturday but back on by 7:00 p.m. No damage in our area. My daughter is doing some better but last night she was yelling and cussing at her on again/off again boyfriend on the phone and it got me anxious and worried that some kind of crazy drama was going to go down. I guess thats how she felt all the time when I was drinking. I am feeling kind of tired today too. Woke up at 3:00 a.m. to youngest grand baby crying and usually she picks him up and attends to him right away but she didnt so I went in and changed his diaper and got him some water. She stayed in bed with the covers pulled up over her head. I figured she was pretty mental after her arguement with the BF. Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change. I am going to AA tonight. I didnt get to go on Saturday like I normally do because of the hurricane. Still sober here and hanging in.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We're here for you, tate9685;
glad you were relatively unscathed by the hurricane.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

@tate - you are a star! I know these are tough things to go through, but the clarity of your thoughts is something you should be proud of and happy for.

@findec - great to see you here again! Our heads are indeed learning, and learning is hard but always pays off in the end.

@kgirl - glad you are ok, life is unfolding pretty nicely now we are sober hum?

Where are our other A-teamers? I know we have the bloody iOS issue but try and say hi so we know you are well.

All good here, 2 months today, healthy, peaceful, happy.

P
Old 10-11-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going kgirl

have any of you guys tried the mobile version of the site? Thats the solution the powers that be are pushing?

D
Old 10-11-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Dee - that s what I am doing, but the app is waaay nicer to use. The mobile site tends to log you out when writing posts, ok most times but end up losing a few of the long ones.

P
Old 10-11-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrPL View Post
@tree - I think the l process you are going through is amazing. I have been experiencing this with all kinds of emotions, not anxiety per se but stil my head is learning how to cope with feelings it didn't have to before. Well done for dealing with them in a healthy way!

@NT - great to see your back and glad things are going well for you! Will send you some music stuff very soon, very close to the final product now!

P
Thanks. 😊
Old 10-11-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey guys - at work so not a huge chance to read everything in the thread... Usually save that for later at home. Just wanted to vent a little. I went to pick up food for myself and a coworker on my lunch break at a barbecue place, and of course the to-go orders are picked up at the bar. It was frustrating. It's slightly chilly outside, there's music playing inside, the lights are dim and warm, and everyone is drinking. I couldn't have drank because I'm in uniform (well I guess I could have), but it just major bummed me out. With the stress of figuring out what I'm doing with this relationship (letting go of my best friend/boyfriend), it definitely made me want a beer...or 10.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CajunPrincess View Post
Hey guys - at work so not a huge chance to read everything in the thread... Usually save that for later at home. Just wanted to vent a little. I went to pick up food for myself and a coworker on my lunch break at a barbecue place, and of course the to-go orders are picked up at the bar. It was frustrating. It's slightly chilly outside, there's music playing inside, the lights are dim and warm, and everyone is drinking. I couldn't have drank because I'm in uniform (well I guess I could have), but it just major bummed me out. With the stress of figuring out what I'm doing with this relationship (letting go of my best friend/boyfriend), it definitely made me want a beer...or 10.
Way to stay strong CP. You know by now that 1 or 10 beers would not help your situation. Not sure you saw my reply to you on this matter before but do you have to make a decision right now? Could you instead just focus on your sobriety? Just some food for thought
Old 10-11-2016, 10:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
Way to stay strong CP. You know by now that 1 or 10 beers would not help your situation. Not sure you saw my reply to you on this matter before but do you have to make a decision right now? Could you instead just focus on your sobriety? Just some food for thought
I did see that in the other thread. Thank you for your response!

Yea, I suppose I could put it on hold. I just want to make a decision. Either cut him out of my life completely or be with him. I have to make a conscious effort to keep myself at a distance from him when we talk. I am so tired of keeping myself in this halfway territory.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by MrPL View Post
Hi Dee - that s what I am doing, but the app is waaay nicer to use. The mobile site tends to log you out when writing posts, ok most times but end up losing a few of the long ones.

P
There's a thread in the technical section about this.

I have no influence but if enough people post and tell the owners it's hard to use the site now, they might be able to come up with something better?

D
Old 10-12-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi A-Team. I haven't posted on this thread in quite a while, but read it every day.

I guess I'm sort of in a phase where I am taking in more information about recovery than I am putting out. It's like I'm quietly, slowly, meditating, planning, putting together the blue-prints of my sober life.

However, I'm just a moments away to support my fellow A-Teamer's or anyone going through hard times. Glad to hear everyone is doing well and/or working through their recovery.

Have a nice day, afternoon or evening depending where you are in this world.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello, A-team - hope everyone is well. Glad to be off today and tomorrow before my long working stretch.

Been working on a sobriety binder and making sure i'm doing my daily plan every day - at least to the best of my abilities with time restraints. one of my triggers is feeling overwhelmed. trying to find a way to deal with that better. I've gotta be one of those things called a grownup.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Wow! I had to search waaaaay down the list to find our group! Come on,, y'all, lets not lose steam now!!! Ill try to be better about making sure to check in here on the daily, will you too???

Anyways, I have not been very good about taking care of my physical being since I started to drink like a fish. So in extreme fashion ( my norm) I have had 3 dental appointments, an eye exam, my physical AND a mammogram all in the course of one week! UGH! I have been poked prodded stuck and smushed in places that I WONT even mention ( staying G Rated lmao). But I have to say that I am so happy to be loving this body God gave me and today honoring myself by doing whats good for me!

Eating, sleeping, praying, addressing my physical needs and most importantly...
Staying Sober!

Really thinking so much about those who started with us and no longer visiting. Damn I hope they are ok. strange to worry about people Ive never even met. God gave me this gift ( ?? sometimes it doesnt feel like a gift) to love others, to care sometimes too much, to worry about people in general.

I hope they come back soon and I pray for their safety and well being.

xxoo! be blessed!
Old 10-12-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CajunPrincess View Post
I did see that in the other thread. Thank you for your response!

Yea, I suppose I could put it on hold. I just want to make a decision. Either cut him out of my life completely or be with him. I have to make a conscious effort to keep myself at a distance from him when we talk. I am so tired of keeping myself in this halfway territory.
I heard somewhere some advice for early recovery that we shouldnt make any major decisions in the first year of recovery.

I know your antsy to make a decision sooner then that but maybe put it on the back burner for at least a little while? Dont want to rush and make a decision you regret later yes?