Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 10-20-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're not blowing it here. I'm sure you'll find this a great buncha guys Brenda

Once I started building a new sober life stuff changed

whats on your radar for the weekend?

D
Old 10-20-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I miss him already... and I'm PISSED OFF that I don't get to look forward to seeing him again. I never stopped thinking about this man, since I met him a year ago... He became like another addiction that I've just quit today and I'm irritated and I want to go buy a bottle of wine.. I pulled my jeans on just now and took them right back off! :P
Old 10-20-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best and quickest way through this really is to stay sober.
I drank over losing someone for 18 months once.

Ridiculous.

D
Old 10-20-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I know it's not worth it.. it's like punishing myself over something somebody else did or didn't do... smh...
Old 10-20-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrow will be a better day Brenda

D
Old 10-20-2016, 06:11 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good Evening A team.
CP: OMG!! I would have peed my pants if I saw a wet squirrel in my toilet. I would have thought it was a rat and probably had a heart attack. i'm not much of a squirrel fan anyway because they do look like rats to me. Glad you got through that crazy experience.
Cwood: congratulations on the sober time and keeping your confidence level up during your interview.
I had a good day. Beautiful weather, work was manageable, and topped it off with an AA meeting that inspired me. Time to watch The Americans on Amazon. Love that show!
Old 10-20-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Trying to keep my brain happily stimulated by searching songs on youtube that I haven't listened to in a long time..
Old 10-20-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

62 Days

I just found the non mobile version of the site and I like it much better. I didn't know I could have an avatar and all that. 😁

Been adjusting to my new role at work. I'm busy pulling double duty but I'm having fun. I have a leadership role in the company, now, so I'm getting to go to all the big kid meetings and such. Feels really good.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi Brenda,

You are not blowing it.
I understand very much how painful it is to be rejected by those who you are trying to help. But , don't give up please.

I too am in a house full of booze but I also associate with people who have never had a drop of liquor in their entire life.
I have to deal with my hypocrisy for hiding my addiction from these good people who have no idea that I am an alcoholic.
This hypocrisy is very lonely.
Only by stopping alcohol once and for all will I be free from this loneliness.
I don't know if I am helping you but please know that I can relate to your struggles and feelings.
Please keep posting and reading. It is helping me
Take care
Old 10-22-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi A-team,

Where s everyone? Having a great Saturday here, out with my boys all morning, now about to do some gardening, then a nice evening with Mrs PL and some singing to follow (found a dodgy take yesterday, have to re-do it...).

Hope you're all ok, please post!

Mr P
Old 10-22-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Yeah, I get everything you said, Findec. it's all just hard!

excited to go horseback riding w/ my daughter today. should be nice and relaxing!
Old 10-22-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. The squirrel in the toilet story is something I haven't yet commented on but which I have had dreams about. I haven't thought about toilets the same since. And based on the amount of herbal tea I've been drinking that means it's been present in my mind. #beststoryever

I'm checking in quick cuz I haven't in a bit. Heading for a work meeting in Florida; going to take a day at the beach ahead of time!

I've been saving a lot of money not drinking and just altered that a bit by buying fancy herbal tea at teavana and a fancy tea maker for the beach, and more "self care" purchases. I don't feel bad. I'm turning into a person who drinks tea, reads, and goes to bed early.... er than I used to.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I liked the squirrel story too. Very well written CP.. I was imagining I was there except I was laughing which obviously if I was there I wouldn't have been. I'm glad you and the squirrel are okay.

I'm having a nice Saturday so far. I am heading to a football game at the university later that starts at 7:30PM which should last 3-4 hours. Don't they know my new sober bedtime will be somewhere around half time?
Old 10-22-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi,
Could I join this class?
The July class has disintegrated, kind of, and I'm alone pretty much. A few pop ins.
I'll be at 90 days in a day or so.
If it's intruding, pls let me know. I'll skip around if I need to.
Either way, have a good sober Saturday !!
Old 10-22-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard JL
D
Old 10-22-2016, 11:49 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
Hi everyone. The squirrel in the toilet story is something I haven't yet commented on but which I have had dreams about. I haven't thought about toilets the same since. And based on the amount of herbal tea I've been drinking that means it's been present in my mind. #beststoryever

I'm checking in quick cuz I haven't in a bit. Heading for a work meeting in Florida; going to take a day at the beach ahead of time!

I've been saving a lot of money not drinking and just altered that a bit by buying fancy herbal tea at teavana and a fancy tea maker for the beach, and more "self care" purchases. I don't feel bad. I'm turning into a person who drinks tea, reads, and goes to bed early.... er than I used to.
Enjoy the beach! I am pretty jealous... the beach/ocean is my favorite place in the world.
And I think it's awesome you've been investing in nice herbal teas and self care products. I've always felt that self care is really, really important for everyone. I've definitely been drinking a lot more tea since I've become sober... have yet to make a trip to Teavana though. Will have to do that soon!
Old 10-22-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Hi,
Could I join this class?
The July class has disintegrated, kind of, and I'm alone pretty much. A few pop ins.
I'll be at 90 days in a day or so.
If it's intruding, pls let me know. I'll skip around if I need to.
Either way, have a good sober Saturday !!
Welcome welcome!
Old 10-23-2016, 01:47 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Morning A-team,

JL - welcome! Nice to have one more on board, we are not as active as before but there s definitely something everyday. Congrats on 90 days, that s awesome!

CP - squirrel story was gold indeed. How the hell it got there is what I am thinking about.

Bexxed - it s nice to see money in the account, I noticed the same thing this month, for the first time in ages I know where everything went.

Off to the farm with the PL's, typical autumn day in the Uk, it s starting to get cold!

Have a nice sober Sunday everyone!

P
Old 10-23-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Welcome, JL! Of course you can join us.

Need to figure out the kids' Halloween costumes today and pick up some pumpkins for carving! Should be fun. Trying hard not to obsess over everything that needs done.

Happy Sunday everyone.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Today is 70 days for me. I still cannot believe I have made it this far.

Happy Sunday everyone. I'm spending today tucked in my place with coffee, my cats, and Xbox. I wish I could hibernate during the cold weather until about May!

I got a niiiiice bill from the hospital that I was doing IOP at yesterday. Even with insurance, I'm still having to pay a good bit. I'm pretty disappointed...well, HIGHLY disappointed because I've been trying to save for a trip to Italy in 2017, and I'm going to have to dig into that fund a little... (I'm dealing with it sober though, ha)

Has anyone heard from Elicia? * Edited to include kgirl and Zanna as well....