Old 10-13-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
I can not drink 55. 😂
No you cant!!! Haha!

Great job!
Old 10-13-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Picked up my 2-month chip this morning. Yay me. Began talks with a company about going to work in Saudi for a year. Not sure what I wanna do.....
Old 10-13-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cwood3 View Post
Picked up my 2-month chip this morning. Yay me. Began talks with a company about going to work in Saudi for a year. Not sure what I wanna do.....
Woah, that's huge.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey A-team!

Nice to see some people posting, Quincy, Julia, cwood, glad to hear you are all ok.

All good here, just been out with some friends, they were expecting a beer but once I said I quit not only they received it well but suggested we go and eat something instead. Neither of them drank.

Made me realise not everybody is always drunk like I used to think, people just want to get together and have fun, maybe everyone around me was drunk because I always pushed everyone to keep drinking. Glad those days are over.

Have a good night everyone!

P
Old 10-13-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi guys - not sure where to post this - grab it FAST before Prince's peeps know it is out here... Best song on the planet ever... Purple Rain xxxx

https://youtu.be/ucotwxI3zvo
Old 10-13-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
Hi guys - not sure where to post this - grab it FAST before Prince's peeps know it is out here... Best song on the planet ever... Purple Rain xxxx

https://youtu.be/ucotwxI3zvo
Love it!!! There is something wrong with your soul if you don't like this song!
Old 10-14-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Wow, cwood - Sounds very intriguing!

Happy Friday, everyone! It's getting cold out!

Have a great weekend everyone. I will be working this one.

-J
Old 10-14-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey Gang....

Nice work everyone! There are some solid numbers out there. Let's keep it up!

Today is 60 days for me...yep, glad to help reinforce those solid numbers as well.

Yesterday I thought back to August 16th, in which I wrote:

Good day class. I'm somewhat of an old-school SR alumni. I'm jumping on the wagon today. It will be a pleasure getting to know everyone as well. I have to get through day 1 today first though. We'll see.......Thanks for having me.

That seems like well-more than 60 days ago. I'm feeling very grateful, that is for sure!

As someone recently wrote.......I too, am taking a different approach, by spending more time reading than writing on SR.

Thanks...
Old 10-14-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Great song Zanna! It's so hard to believe he is gone. I saw him 2 times in concert during the Purple Rain tour.
Well, I am feeling slippery. This is because I cant post from home due to the IOS issue and last week when I went to 2 AA meetings I felt increasingly anxious, uncomfortable and resentful because everyone who shared went on and on about God and relying on "Him" and Prayer and I dont have a higher power in that sense. I believe in the natural order of the universe and buddhist teachings. I dont pray to the universe for positive results for me or for strength. I am trying to find time to read some literature I printed off the net on Buddhism and the 12 Steps, but I have been so busy at work and when at home have very little private and free time lately. I dont want to drink, but I definitely feel uneasy and discontent. (I know enough to know that this is not good and I need to address this asap)
Old 10-14-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend gang - remember the weekender thread is there for extra support if needed

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2016-a-3.html

D
Old 10-14-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

@tate - stay strong there. I have similar "religious" views to you, and I can understand how you may be struggling to associate with AA at this stage. I haven't tried AA, but I do think that in the end the higher power message, which often is interpreted as God, is not too different than finding your inner peace through Buddhism. In the end of the day both ways lead you to peace and happiness, at which point the means used to get there become irrelevant. Guess what I am trying to say is that even if you don't asociate with the religious side of AA, by looking at people who found peace through religion you can at least see what the end game looks like, it s then just a matter of finding your way to get there. This has worked for me in the past, hope it can help you too.

@NT - it is indeed amazing how fast we change. Happy for you, we are now starting to build some good sober time and I think diverging from SR a bit means we are focusing in our lives, which can only be a good thing.

Good day here, glad it is Friday, have a wedding to go tomorrow, think it ll be my first sober one ever. Happy days.

Hope everyone else is doing ok too.

Mr P
Old 10-15-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey guys, just popping in for a quick post. It's 356 AM over here, and I'm finally about to head to sleep.
I hope you're all doing well and having a sober, fulfilling day/night.
Yesterday was my 60 days. Can't believe it. It's a little surreal.

Will update more tomorrow when I've slept and have had coffee. Would like to hear more about what's new in everyone's lives.
Goodnight!
Old 10-15-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations CajunPrincess
Old 10-15-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I think it seems like a while since I posted but all is well here. Today is day 65, and a lovely one it is. I'm back home, now kind of recovering from working away for a month. Realizing that took a lot out of me.

Sobriety feels more like second nature lately. I know what I need to be looking for now is feelings and behavior.

Anyway hi! Talk later

B
Old 10-15-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
Good morning everyone. I think it seems like a while since I posted but all is well here. Today is day 65, and a lovely one it is. I'm back home, now kind of recovering from working away for a month. Realizing that took a lot out of me.

Sobriety feels more like second nature lately. I know what I need to be looking for now is feelings and behavior.

Anyway hi! Talk later

B
I second that with sobriety starting to feel second nature. Isn't that awesome? I truly never thought that would be the case
Glad you made it safely back home. Sounds like you were doing a lot of work. I'd probably sleep for about a month if I were you. Haha
Old 10-15-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. It's Saturday night and I am celebrating 70 days sober. Yep, that makes tomorrow 10 weeks!! It's been so easy lately it's a little scary. Even yesterday when I was in a terrible funk, I actually gave drinking more consideration than I have given it in a long while. But here's the thing, I didn't want to drink at all. It was just habit to think of numbing the anxiety and depression by drinking. I wanted something, anything to feel better. There was a feeling of need, desire but it wasn't drinking I turned to. It was a hot bath and candy And the way I didn't want to drink was like deciding I didn't want a piece of chicken at dinner. I could have had it if I wanted it, but I didn't want it. Anyway, I'm not articulating it very well but it was definitely a clarifying moment for me.
I'm starting to work on some other areas in my life as well. One is limiting the time I spend on my phone. I downloaded an app that tracks my phone usage. I have started reading again...I forgot how much I love to read. I'm also working at eating better and getting more exercise (the candy last night was a must have lol). I'm still keeping sobriety at the top of my list.
I hope everyone is doing well. I know some technical issues have caused issues for some folks. I miss our group being active. I really hope to hear from everyone, at least pop in and say hi
Later everyone, talk soon
Old 10-15-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

57 Days

Feeling compulsivey lately. I just got promoted at work, and I've had a lot of before and after anxiety. I wanted to have some beer today, but I gave into my soda cravings, instead, and had a Diet Dr. Pepper. That and I snacked WAY too much. LOL
Old 10-15-2016, 08:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm the same way Treebeard
Old 10-16-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey guys, hope everyone is well. woke up this morning and first thing I thought was thank you thank you thank you! I have a headache this morning but its NOT due to poisoning myself last night and doesnt come with nausea, body aches and crippling anxiety. Its just a simple run of the mill headache, no biggie, right?
My body is clean, its healthy and its sober! yes!

Went through some anxiety producing situations this past week and prayed myself through them, didnt need to drink to cope and afterwards really realized how my obsessive brain and racing thoughts trigger my anxiety/nervousness and worrying nature. Husband gave some feedback that I tend to think worst case scenario without really having justification for doing so. Wonder why I do that? I feel that this will be important to sort of figure out as if anything takes me out, it WILL be my anxiety level.

Anyway, enough about me. Just want you all to know, I love you all and truly hoping that everyone is doing well! Im so happy for all of the wonderful sobriety milestones, woke up thinking about you tate, I hope you are doing ok?? Elicia- if you read this please post and let us know how you are doing?? Last you posted you had struggled on your holiday/vacation....no matter what has happened since that time, please know WE CARE and there is NO judgement here! God knows I could be in the same boat tomorrow, none of us are immune to slips/relapses.

Come back to us and let us love you through what ever is going on! Same with Elle and any other A Team members!

Have a peaceful, serene and beautiful Sunday.
Be Blessed.