Notices

Class of March 2016 part 34

Old 10-11-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Purp- yes, drinking is dumb. You aren't. You realise that drinking is dumb- a lot of people do not. Simple- but a very real truth.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Happy Birthday BBG!!
Thank you Sam!
Old 10-11-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey Purplrks - you okay? We are here for you. ❤️❤️
Old 10-11-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Happy birthday bbg!!!
Old 10-11-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Purpl - Good for you for being honest, but keep us posted on how you are doing!
Old 10-11-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Long, crazy day for me - I'm going to be early. Sometimes, that's the best thing I can do!
Old 10-11-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thank you for that inspirational message Bobbie. Have a good, sober time in Houston.

Hope you’re still doing well CH.

Welcome back LB2. Seven days is excellent.

11 days and a big happy birthday bbg! Does your tool belt also have rhinestones? Just curious. Mine would, or should.

Way to kick any cravings Kiki. I’ve heard that AA works if you work it. You’re doing just that. It's working.

Sounds like the tea is taking over Sam! Wish I liked tea more than I do. Oh well.

Purpl, you’re not dumb. What matters is that you put this behind you and move forward. I’ve had to so many times and I have to again. I’m not giving up and I’m sure you’re not either. Get some rest, refresh your plan and keep doing. Not everyone slips, but lots do. It’s neither a character defect nor a sign of anything other than addiction; you’re in good company here.

Apologies to all I’ve missed.

As for me, day one again, and again, and again, an…well you’ve already seen the picture. I’m just about back to work and am hoping the structure gets me the start I need. From there it’ll be on a plan I haven’t actually developed. I just need to get those first several days and they remain painfully elusive.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this might be the time you find your way Purplks
You too Thirteenth.

I dunno what else I can say that's new...so do something different this time guys.

If you don't want to drink you don't have to

D
Old 10-11-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. I don't want to speak for anyone, but I believe Purpl is so much farther along than me; this is just a blip for Purpl.

I still struggle with wanting to be sober more than wanting to drink. It's something I hope to rectify but clearly remains the primary issue. I can't say when that will happen. I can't even say if it will happen. Just trying to get there. I appreciate the time and compassion and patience that everyone has given me and I will not give up.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

part of you wants to quit tho...so keep feeding the right wolf

D
Old 10-11-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday BBG! Mine is next week. Looking forward to a sober birthday as well. 2 weeks sober today Congrats on 11 days.
Congrats on 7 days LB. Glad you're back! You too Purple! Always here for you! Thanks for the lovely note Bobbie
don't give up thirteenth. Tomorrow is a new day. Drinking is dumb. Dint do it!
Good to see you Kiki ; Casey ; Mita. ; Dee; PJ ; Sam sorry if I missed anyone!
Have a wonderful sober night/day!
Old 10-11-2016, 10:55 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Purp- yes, drinking is dumb. You aren't. You realise that drinking is dumb- a lot of people do not. Simple- but a very real truth.
^^^^this! Purple you are not dumb. You're wonderful in every respect. You rock....literally!

Stay close here - we love you.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:01 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
AppleKat You are doing an amazing job. 50 days is spectacular. You know, when you accept the fact that drinking is absolutely no longer an option, the white knuckling starts to disappear. You have to be one of the strongest women I know.

BBG 10 days! Double digits! I'm very proud of you! This is your home. Don't ever forget it. It goes much better when you are around. No more disappearing. No matter what.

Casey Can't wait until you have internet. You're changes may have been good for you but WE MISS YOU! I'm really proud of you.

Clearlyheaded
You really are doing a great job. I know you don't always feel like it, but you are. Raising your daughter on your own, going through major surgery and recovery, changing jobs, you've had a lot going on. I'm glad you're my friend.

Fred I've kind of been hoping since you hadn't moved out yet, you were going to reveal a reconciliation with your wife. Well, you are moving on a new journey and I pray that you find peace and happiness as you move on.

immri Hey! We miss you.

PhoenixJ I know I've said it before, but I am really glad you are in our class. Thank you for adding a new dimension to my sometimes boring life. I pray that your pain is bearable. In your heart and your body.

Jemma We are always here for you. Don't give up. We won't either.

Kayak63
I hope you are healing well. We miss you in class. Stop being a stranger.

Keets
You've been doing a great job. I love the fact that you continue to go to whatever lengths necessary to maintain your sobriety. Woohoo! You are counting down the chemo treatments. Almost finished.

Kiki
You are the little engine that could. You are doing it everyday and you make sure you don't keep it to yourself. Thank you for sharing what you learn, it means so much. This class is so blessed to have you.

Ladybug2 You don't have to disappear when you slip. We love you and want to keep you safe with us. Don't quit trying. You'll get there.

LillianGish I'm so glad you are still around. I worry sometimes and then you show up. I hope things are settling down for you at work with your problem employee. I might be more excited about your new kitchen than you.

MITA I feel like you carry so much on your shoulders. You are such a great father and husband. Thanks for being here with us.

Mish I really hope things are going better for you. Would love to hear from you.

Missy7 Same. You have been truly missed by all in this class.

PeacefulRain I love reading your posts. You seem to have a very fun and fulfilling life. I am so glad you are topping it off with sobriety.

Pelagic263 I've been praying for you. I hope you are finding your way.

Purplrks You are such a strong woman. I love living vicariously through you! Concerts and drum lessons. Get back in the gym. Not because you need it - but because you need it. It's like my running, if I let it go, other stuff creeps in.

Sam Thanks for pushing me to be better. You drive me to step up and go a little bit further than I would have. I'm glad we are on this sober journey together.

Spacegoat Glad to see you check in yesterday, but seriously - I worry about you. Hang in there. Keep doing the right things, it will all fall in place.

Thirteenth You can proceed with the negative talk all you want. We know you and don't believe it. I hope you get back to a meeting soon. I know personally it has helped me a lot.

Have a great day class. I just found out I might be taking a trip to Houston soon. Like tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm pretty excited.

Prayers for those of you struggling. Keep pushing on, it really does get better and it is really, really worth it. I love you all, thank you for being the biggest part of my sobriety.
This was so lovely Bobbie. Thank you. You always know just what to say to people. That is a very special gift.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:04 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Well, another day- another spate of spiritually I-don't-want-to-think about this stuff day. It is all for your own good- says my HP. True- more easily dealt with soberoberoberer. (haha).
Old 10-11-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Happy Birthday BBG!

Wouldn't it be great if cakes really did this? You'd have to chase it around the room before you could have a piece!

Hope it was a great day.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:31 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Well, I'm limping along in sobriety. Mostly failing. I wish I understood why I keep stumbling.

I need to get my act together. So, here goes. For now, just going to tell myself that in about a month I will be in a bathing suit in Hawaii, and gosh that alone should convince me to stop eating and drinking.

My angry hotheaded employee is being fired tomorrow. That topic has been heavy on my heart for months. I have to travel on business tomorrow and luckily won't be there when it all goes down, but I suspect he'll do something awful. I'll be spending the next few weeks trying to explain his departure to my clients, and yet not say too much. Should be super fun.

I'll be in Northern California tomorrow on business and thought I'd try AA while I'm there. No one will know me up north, which has always been my biggest fear. I've never been to AA, so I have some hesitation.

If I could figure out how to post pictures, I'd show you my kitchen Bobbie. My iPhone pictures are too big for this system to allow.

The kitchen is small and modest, but turned out so homey, I even love doing the dishes now!

So, that's the Lillian report. A little bit of failure, a little bit of anxiety, a little bit of hope for a better future.

Hope you all are well.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:45 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Morning. Woke up around 2am - bad dreams and in the middle of a panic attack - haven't been able to get back to sleep. Should make for a long day
Old 10-12-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lillian

Most of us pushed the envelope and drank until we could no longer 'get away with it'.

Have you accepted drinking is no longer a viable option for you?

D
Old 10-12-2016, 03:21 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Its a new day Purplrks, Thirteenth, Lillian....and anyone else struggling....lets strap on our tool belts and make it a sober one..,just today....we'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Sending love to you all ❤️

I am going to do my best to heed my own words today - I am feeling anxious, tired, angry...some definite triggers and it's barely 6am....tool belt is on and looking fabulous!
Old 10-12-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Its a new day Purplrks, Thirteenth, Lillian....and anyone else struggling....lets strap on our tool belts and make it a sober one..,just today....we'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Sending love to you all ❤️

I am going to do my best to heed my own words today - I am feeling anxious, tired, angry...some definite triggers and it's barely 6am....tool belt is on and looking fabulous!
I am feeling ALL of this right now. But every day is a new day and a chance to be happy - not tomorrow - today. We can do this!