Notices

Class of March 2016 part 34

Old 10-13-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

samanena- you both do sound delicate with weather. A few people around me have noticed similar effects- here the days are brighter and longer- 'cos summer nearly here. Going to be a very nasty one, me thinks. Follow your own sage advice, check in, you know- stuff.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi Lillian, glad you're here. I totally understand what you're going through. I feel like I can't get my act together either. But I'm feeling much better after 15 days sober. My confidence is back up, my self-worth, positivity, well, everything gets better with sobriety. If I can do it, so can you. One day at a time.
Glad to see you too Kayak!
Old 10-13-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hope is everyone is doing well though I can see some are not. Prayers to all who are struggling. We can do this.

Back to a very stressful work environment but it's good to be back and not isolated anymore.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Day 9 and the weather is depressing here today. The last few days have been perfect, beautiful fall days. Was a bit of a rushed morning getting my daughter on the school bus after 5 days off, but I was surprised at how much more calm, patient and less moody I was after only a week of sobriety. It's definitely a nice change and I'm sure my daughter noticed it. Maybe not, she's only 6

Anyway, need to keep busy today. I am anticipating a visit from my AV so will be prepared. We can all do this!
Old 10-13-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 13 for me. Doing fine but I'm mid-way to the 3 week time. 3 weeks have been a killer for me all this year. I've relapsed every month so far at 3 weeks.

I read on here that relapses actually begin days or even weeks before they actually happen. I've got my tool-belt strapped on in preparation. I'm not gonna' relapse this time!!!
Old 10-13-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 53 I think. Gloomy.

Keep on keepin on class. One day at a time. Drinking is dumb.

I'm doing ok for now. I know my triggers. My last big October obligation is this Sunday. To add to that, hubby leaves Tuesday-Thursday next week. Boo.

I will be trying to make plans to get through that. Because the old voice pipes in - what's the big deal? You've been so good. Must play it through!!! All the way through.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Good morning! Today is day 40. I am feeling good! I have been going to A LOT of AA meetings and am on Step 8 and 9 so I really think that is making the biggest difference this time around. The most valuable part of AA for me is being around other people who truly understand me! It is crazy how we all speak the same "language" and can relate to each other.

Casey: Congrats on your continued sobriety! I hope your allergies start feeling better!

Purplrks: Drinking IS dumb! But YOU are NOT! How are you doing today?

Phoenix: I agree....AA meetings give me peace too. I have no idea how that works! WOW! Someone stole someone's underwear? Gross! LOL

Caramel: Hi! How are you?

BBG: I hope you had a great birthday! Congrats on day 13! Edit: Youre right! You will NOT relapse this time!!! You got this!

MITA: How is everything going with you? Great to hear from you!

Thirteenth: Hang in there and NEVER GIVE UP! Have a nice day at work and try to remember to take care of yourself.

Dee: Hi!

Jemma: Hey girl! Great to hear from you! CONGRATS ON 2 WEEKS! Woohoo! Edit to add: Keep up the great work! Each day we stay sober we will feel better and better!

Lillian: Hang on to that HOPE Lillian and let us know if you went to that AA meeting. I really like AA and it helps me! I would love to see your kitchen! I bet it is awesome!!!

Ladybug: Hello! Day 9 today, right? Woohoo! I hope you enjoyed you apple picking! That sound awesome! STICK CLOSE! You will be ok. Just don't pick up that poison no matter what! If your AV rears it's ugly head tell it to F off!

Bobbie: I am glad you are enjoying Texas! Yee Haw!!! haha

Apple: 53 days! Awesome! I totally understand that stupid voice that says "what's the big deal? you've been so good and your deserve it!" LIES! It's all LIES! Don't listen. love u

Sam: I think the weather change triggers me too. Stick close! We can do this! xo. I have been having the general anxiety too! ugh.

Fred: How are you doing today? Are you feeling better? Thinking of you....

Kayak: Hello! Great to hear from you!

I hope everyone else out there is doing well! Thinking of you and love you!

1Stepup, Clearlyheaded, immri, Keets, LostLilly, Mish, Missy7, PeacefulRain, Pelagic263, Spacegoat......Check in. I would LOVE to hear from you!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Old 10-13-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

A quick mid-day check in. Feeling a little better - checking things off my todo list and making progress. Is it too soon to start looking forward to the weekend?!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Oh mercy. AV showed up! It's been very light up until now but this was stronger. Posting is one of the tools in my tool-belt. So I'm posting.

Doing a chore is also in my tool-belt. So I'm gonna' make a banana nut loaf. That'll keep me busy a while. Plus I'll have some good eats!!!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Geez, I wish I had seen this thread last spring. I quit back in March as well. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up. At least that'll give me something to do this month!
Old 10-13-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Welcome, Upstairs. This is the coolest class.

Stay strong, March people. All in this together. (She said, as she laid on the beach in the sun. ).

Have a super day. Love you all.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kiki and hi everyone

D
Old 10-13-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in. How are you doing, BBG? Good for you for using your toolbelt!!

Having a pretty good day. AV has been surprisingly quiet today, but I have a feeling tomorrow may be a different story. Weekends are usually hard. I made it through last weekend and need to make it though this weekend too. Will stick close to here.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Just remember how great it will feel waking up without a hangover
Old 10-13-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

welcome Upstairs
Old 10-13-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

after my post yesterday I got up on the roof and fixed some issues I have been putting off for months. I talked to a realtor today got some great advice he had a wealth of info.
198 days today closing in on 200, still feel like drinking but not today.
Have a great sober day everyone
Old 10-13-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to have you aboard upstairs
Old 10-13-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hello Dearest Darlings! I'm here with awesome family so I will spend the night here
Old 10-13-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Goodnight class. It's BBT time! Don't drink. It's dumb!!!
Old 10-13-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi Class! Sorry I've been quiet. I'm reading, just don't have much to say. Sort of in and out of a funk which makes me feel a bit withdrawn. Not going anywhere, or giving up. Just riding this thing out. Most likely change of seasons.

Work is going pretty well. The confident high I was riding a few weeks or so ago, has faded somewhat. But I'm keeping my head down and not over thinking too much because I can't trust my perspective right now. Handling the day to day as best as I can and learning as much as I can. I will have my 90 day review at the beginning of November.

DD decided to join the 4th grade basketball team. They had practice tonight for an hour. Lots of good heart pumping exercise, and she had fun. I'm happy she decided to join.

Love to you all. You are my favorite people!!!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:35 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

DD loves Pokemon and likes to draw them. Here is her latest