Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hewson33 View Post
Starting Day 10 here. Anyone know of any other good apps concerning sobriety? Already got this one and nomo which is a sobriety clock.
SoberTool is another app...just last week I was searching for apps and there there a so many of them!
Old 10-17-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Day 9 here. Feeling really good. Had a really eye opening trip in California last week. It gave me a real solid footing in AA and let me see the possibilities of the program and what a gift it can be if you take advantage of it. Since last Monday, I've been to 10 meetings. Going to 2 today. Going for the 90 in 90 or better. Have a sponsor now with 16 years of sobriety.

Sorry I haven't posted much. I am really focused on beating this thing and have had an eye opening experience with AA that I'm not going to risk losing.

Hope all is well. I hope you all can find your solid footing.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hey all,wonderful that AA is showing you a great thing Chucktown I don't know of any apps but there's good blogs to read "Tired of thinking about drinking" Hip sobriety, The FiX has great articles, someone mentioned The bubble hour too,chugging along on day 4,I hate day 4 the worst,I've read that all the alcohol is out of you(the initial al anyways) and you're running on your own,I usually have the worst anxious feeling, hopefully I don't, wishing everyone a strong AF(alcohol free) day!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Hey all,wonderful that AA is showing you a great thing Chucktown I don't know of any apps but there's good blogs to read "Tired of thinking about drinking" Hip sobriety, The FiX has great articles, someone mentioned The bubble hour too,chugging along on day 4,I hate day 4 the worst,I've read that all the alcohol is out of you(the initial al anyways) and you're running on your own,I usually have the worst anxious feeling, hopefully I don't, wishing everyone a strong AF(alcohol free) day!
I am on day 4 as well. The anxiety is such the kicker for me. I feel like I am being charged with electricity.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
This class is buzzing with optimism and enthusiasm.
I feel glad to be a aprt of it. Everybody is doing so well its brillo.
Thanks winslow, welcome SM, have a good workout TorC, hang tough hewson, two weeks if mega newlight in not time you'll be feeling like a new light... Gifford the bike is a bicycle or a motorbike (its been bugging me ) ?
ODAAT
Vman, it is a bicycle. It used to be used a lot, but not for the last 5 years due to drinking. I love cycling in France, I know your region quite well.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Day 15 of sobriety. This feels good.
A difficult day today, on my own tonight and got a message from Son's school to tell me he has been missing classes. I was angry, fed up and irritated. Really for the first time in 15 days I was close to saying to myself just have a drink.
What I did was to call him on the phone, talk it over and solve the problem. This is 1000 times better than my previous way of dealing with it which really is not dealing with it at all. Feels so much better.

I hope we are all safe and sober. Best wishes to all my October friends.
G
Old 10-17-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Good for you Gifford - glad you managed to get it sorted out.
I agree - most of the time, I just haven't deal with things, partly because I didn't answer the phone if it was late and I'd been drinking
Old 10-17-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Let's keep it up classmates, we're doing it! Day 7 for me, and I see other days mounting. Let's do ONE MORE DAY!!!!
Old 10-17-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Congrats everyone to your good going sobriety.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Reading

Day 10 for me...made a small top ten reasons not to drink list and laminated it for my wallet. So if I ever do get the urge it's something I can review. Currently doing some reading on SMART recovery which interests me. Congrats on another sober day all!
Old 10-17-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hewson33 View Post
Day 10 for me...made a small top ten reasons not to drink list and laminated it for my wallet.
Love this idea. Something that you can have with you all the time and pull out as an immediate response to that craving. Great tool.

I'm doing okay. I actually sat down and started to work out an actual plan this evening. I have AA meeting anxiety but I feel like I should make an effort to get to at least an occasional meeting. Texted my sister and asked her if she would go with me a couple of times a month.

I'm going to post my plan when I'm done. There seems to be quite a bit of interest in SR posters' individual recovery plans.

I had an Unpleasant Meeting at work today and I thought of my SR friends while I was sitting there. It helped. It made me feel supported, not alone.

I'm in for another day, everyone. Thank you for being there for me!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Workout

Finally did my first p90x workout since DUI. Usually workout 5 days a week but have been tired and unmotivated. Still worried about court but felt good to start to exercise again.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Another positive start in October - continuing the trend of exercising twice a day today - not doing huge amounts, but just getting exercise makes me feel better and calmer in general - oh and uses up time, so I'm not sat around bored.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello there class.
I am having the weirdest dreams again... and agitated sleep. Dont know if any of you guys are experiencing that. Still feeling good though
Vinny
Old 10-17-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Good morning all, feeling well and positive. Amazing the change after just 13 days, I actually look forward to waking up sober and it's great to not be smoking as well.

Have a great day my friends.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Day 4 today. Not giving up before the miracle happens.Thank you all for being here. I will have another 24 please.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello irishish
love your user name
Slán !
Old 10-18-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Made another day thankfully.

Yesterday was tough. Life was stressful last night. Kids had to be in 3 different places, I didn't know what to cook for dinner, dealing with grades, etc.

But I didn't drink even tho the cravings started coming.

I don't get how so many of these moms can "have their wine" all the time to de-stress.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Hey guys, Oct,that's one of the biggest lies we're told"have a few drinks to unwind and get the kids settled"my neighbor does that and in the past I've been kinda jealous of how she can drink, keep a household, care for her kids,yet wake up the next day feeling normal and she's older than me! When I drink absolutely nothing gets done, last year around this same time my mom was coming to visit so I had some beers to get motivated to clean HAH,when I sobered up I seen what a cruddy,half way job I did and had to clean it all over again, my perception while drinking was waaay off,didn't have the crazy,jump out of my skin anxiety yesterday but still really sad that I drank, all I can do is move forward and get my momentum going again, sounds like everyone is doing very well, have a great AF day
Old 10-18-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Wow everyone seems to be using their free time to be working out in some way, that has me motivated to get back into running. I used to be a daily runner but stopped running when I got pregnant and haven't done much since.

Feeling pretty good. Enjoying the one on one quality time I'm getting with my little baby girl. Things between me and my husband are pretty tense, I'm hoping that more sober time will help repair the trust. He is away for work so I know he is worried about me drinking again. No cravings for me so far but I know it will hit me out of no where so I'm prepared for that. Time to get moving, have a great sober day everyone!