Notices

Class of March 2016 part 33

Old 10-09-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

PhoenixJ - any chance that the budgies might come back if you were to leave the empty cage out with its door open?
Best wishes, all - something I have observed is that things seem sometimes to happen to SR members in a pattern, world-wide - whether it's anxiety, tearfulness, cravings, colds - I've often seen a rush of similar posts. Curious!
Old 10-09-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

C- yes- curious and curious more curious. No the little ones are gone. Thanks to all- that is I one thing I have noticed I- how globally peoples can show compassion. There is a guy here- pushing him self very hard to go on the straight and narrow - and doing it very well. Did a term for armed robbery, had a budgie for a companion, was in lockdown. He started keeping an eye out for budgies on the run. Quite a few people did actually. Still hoping little guys ok. Gave god an emotional blackmail prayer that he'd better show them a bit of helpful mercy. Another thought- almost an alcie one- striving freedom, escape- regardless of the cost.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

We will be dressing up lol! I am playing a newspaper gossip columnist - Peggy-Sue....I have the polka dot dress, pearl necklace and high heels

I am still holding on here - just started a new book - "The Couple Next Door" - it's pretty good so far. Hope everyone else is doing okay....we're in this together!!
Old 10-09-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Peggy Sue! I love it.....a friend of mine has been wanting to host one of those but it hasn't happened yet....let us know how it goes!

OK forgive my ignorance everyone, as I am a late bloomer with this whole technology thing....I'm shopping for my first iPod! (I know, I know....Lol) So I have no clue what I'm doing....not sure if I should just order one online or buy one in the store? Then I'd have no clue how to add the music either....maybe I should go to Best Buy so they can laugh at me there Just thinking that if I had my favorite music to pump me up, I'd get back to the gym and out of this funk!!!
Old 10-09-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Peggy Sue- hope it goes well, at least better than it did for her. Parties can be stress. Not perhaps the boozing/self bit for me. For me it is how everyone one who does booze heaps change their behaviour and all I get is uncomfortable. Are you going to take a notebook, micro recorder or phone record?
Old 10-09-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Purplrks if you do not know definitely go to Best Buy and they will be able to show you what to do, also tutorials on YouTube can help
Old 10-09-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Thanks Fred!
Old 10-09-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I was at the Humanist Community today to hear a talk on recovery and the need for choice in recovery. Alcoholics can be defiant or anti authority and so many are forced into AA with no choice so they automatically are resistant I have see it to many times.
We have a judge in my home group and he will only send people to AA and this is against the law. There was a person who sued California over being forced into AA by a judge and he won a 2 million dollar settlement, anyways it was enlightening and the food including deserts was amazing.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I finally started packing yesterday reality staring me in the face getting anxious but I will not drink.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Purplrks - I bought my first iPad yesterday from Best Buy - lots of information and knowledge there!!

Phoenix - there will be no alcohol at this party!!

Fred - not an easy time - thinking of you ❤️
Old 10-09-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Peggy, sounds like a very good party then. Are you going to do P/S mannerisms?
Old 10-09-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

I think I'll try to wind down for the evening.....work has us going in extra early this week ~ four 10 hour days with Friday off. Looking forward to it, but not looking forward to it.....AV has plans for Thursday night.....

Anyway, thank you all for keeping me sober this weekend! Talk to you tomorrow!
Old 10-09-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hello Been busy since kids are on fall break but I'm still here and sober. Finishing up day 26 or 27. I wanted to drink though a few days ago, we just had way too many stressful things happen. I didn't though and feeling ok now. I have to make time to go back to aa again it's been a while since I've been. Hope everyone is doing well
Old 10-09-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hello Friends,

I needed to take a little time because I felt myself getting negative. Negative about myself and my inability to remain sober. I was worried I’d berate myself for that and that it would translate to others; i.e. that since I felt so hopeless and shameful that I might drag someone else into it. I felt that calling myself names might make others feel bad since I know we’ve all been there. That’s what I wanted to avoid.

I’m, mostly, over it. I’m not happy with my lack of progress, but I’m an ornery bastard and refuse to give up. It’s been six months in this class, ten years since I realized there was a problem – what have I learned? A lot and nothing.

All I can say is that I’m so grateful you’ve not given up on me. I know that’s trite. I was going to say that I don’t deserve it. Perhaps I don’t, but if there’s one thing I have learned, it’s that I am worth it. I believe I owe it to all of you and myself to get better.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Awesome work Keets, PJ, Sam, Bobbie, Purpl and all I'm missing!

By the way, it was what's her name in the study with the thing.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Hi Keets. Nice work.

Thirteenth, good to see you. Most of us are struggling daily. I appreciate your thoughtfulness regarding posting negative things, but please always do whatever you think you need to. I'm not sure what to tell you. Being stubborn can be a useful trait, though. Do you think a change of scenery might help? Can you get away for a few days? Just thinking out loud.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Thanks, MITA. I did what I felt was best by stepping away for a day or two. I didn't want any negative venom (even if self aimed) I had to infect anyone.
Change of scenery would be nice but I have to go back to work after a two week leave for surgery. Actually, that will be a change of scenery. I'm looking forward to it in a big way.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

I guess I should add that the ornery part is both drinking and not drinking. I'm damned sure I want to quit (except when I don't want to) and that won't change. Unfortunately, there's also an ornery part that says "I can keep drinking, F this quitting thing." It's a balance I'm trying to shift. So far the drinking part continues to win. I'm determined to shift that.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

13th-for what it is worth I did not take any thing you said as being negative to anyone but yourself. THAT is the important part. The wording of your shares clearly showed this. To stop putting yourself down is so terribly important for you to accept who you are to yourself and thus move on. Hang in there- keep sharing. PJ
Old 10-09-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Thanks, PJ. I was more worried about calling myself whatever and having someone else feel the same way. It was just a risk with which I wasn't comfortable.