Notices

Class of March 2016 part 33

Old 10-04-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Congrats Kiki! You will not slip! You can do this! You must feel fantastic! I think I am on day 7 without a drink today

AK, I know what you mean about relapsing AFTER big events, I've been known to do that too. And I've ruined big events as well. Ugh. I stay sober for weeks, months, building up to that special, important time, then blow it the night before! It is such self-sabotaging behavior, what is wrong with me?! Well, no more.

MITA, I have the opposite problem. I used my phone to post 99% of the time, and now since I updated my iphone to iOs 10, I can no longer post here! I can read, but not post! Very frustrating, and puts a big damper on my posting
I may try to see if I can downgrade back to last iOs 9 version.

I talked to my boss yesterday about my mistake on Thursday, and everything's all good. She was so cool about it, and it had worked itself out miraculously, so I had worried and obsessed and lost sleep over it all weekend for pretty much nothing. But I did learn a lesson, and it was a mistake I will never repeat, so I guess that it what is important.

I hope everyone has a wonderful sober day/night! I'm going for a beautiful fall hike in the woods and then to a short afternoon work shift.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Jemma - your hike sounds awesome. I heard a word here when I first joined. Awfulizing. What we do to situations. Usually never as bad as we imagine. I'm so glad your work problems are good. I know that's a huge relief to you. Have a fantastic day! Hugs to you.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Glad things turned out well Jemma. Enjoy your walk!
Old 10-04-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

0200 here in me space. D day (thread#1) this morning. Sobriety in check- not even an iota of wanting a drink. Did the boy scout motto. Sleep will not come nor is inviting. My dreams at the moment would give Dali time to pause. Doing the stuff- HALTS blah. Know what I need to do, what I have to do. That would be doing the [I]right[I] thing to do.[I]
Basically try to be as good a person as I can not just talk the talk Sucks.
A lot of things suck. Trivial stuff that at present make my teeth itch. Live in a recovery place with communal facilities. Stuff like people not flushing. Not washing dishes. Constantly badgering me for coffee, money etc. Bitching about other people to me, which I do not want to hear, then pretending to be concerned and involved in my stuff. HA! I metaphorically bite my tongue so hard my innards fall out. The ones I dislike the most are the fake genuine ones. Those that play false. They 'use' everything, everybody and anything chemical. Aaargh (and grrr). Oh well, had my girly whine now.
Hoping everybody who isn't me is doing well today with your lives.

My life in the here and now is because I am sober. Progressing with masterp 1. Got to the learning how to stich painted fabric onto a burns garment made of whiz bang stuff. For some reason- a bit of a challenge for myself and my consulting artist. M/P 2 is complete from a first concept. Now going to work on transferring it onto the real artisty type canvasy stuff. Works, but. Spent 3.5 hours doing painty stuff yesterday. Better than taking up nose picking.
Just remember that wise old limerick:
[I][/there was an old man from Nantucket (haha)
Take care today - PJ.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Phoenix, I'm sorry you can't sleep. I'm praying that your D experience goes as pain free as possible. You are a good man. Those trivial things would annoy me as well. I hope you can find some rest and then some strength for your upcoming battles. Can't wait to see your masterpieces.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

hang tough Phoenix I hope you can get peaceful sleep soon
KiKi way to go on 1 month
Samatha I woke up in a panic attack yesterday never a good way to wake up, I was able to attend my Smart Recovery meeting a few hours later and it was a great meeting.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

these spam callers are driving me nuts
to much political talk on the radio time to turn up the music
I listen to all kinds of music my go to song Allman Brothers - Blue Sky
I tired of Classic Rock a few years ago believe it or not this rocker has been listening to
world music
blue grass
and the zen station
Old 10-04-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
these spam callers are driving me nuts
to much political talk on the radio time to turn up the music
I listen to all kinds of music my go to song Allman Brothers - Blue Sky
I tired of Classic Rock a few years ago believe it or not this rocker has been listening to
world music
blue grass
and the zen station
disappointed, Fred. the zen station. I think you are showing your age. lol, actually, the classic rock is probably more indicative of your age.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Congratulations Kiki. I know what you mean about the relapses. I must be the relapse king! But my nemesis seems to be 3 weeks. I haven't made it past 3 weeks this year. Last year I made it from the first week in August until January and I've had a full year before. But so far this year 3 weeks is tops. We just need to keep on keeping on and never give up!!! Drinking is dumb!
We are BOTH gonna make it BBG!!! Sooooo glad you are back!
Old 10-04-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Thank you Jemma! You're right....I will NOT slip! :-) How are you???
Old 10-04-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Jemma, I'm so glad everything is ok with your job! I worry just like you!!! Ha. Im a catastrophic thinker for sure!
Old 10-04-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
0200 here in me space. D day (thread#1) this morning. Sobriety in check- not even an iota of wanting a drink. Did the boy scout motto. Sleep will not come nor is inviting. My dreams at the moment would give Dali time to pause. Doing the stuff- HALTS blah. Know what I need to do, what I have to do. That would be doing the right thing to do. Basically try to be as good a person as I can not just talk the talk Sucks. A lot of things suck. Trivial stuff that at present make my teeth itch. Live in a recovery place with communal facilities. Stuff like people not flushing. Not washing dishes. Constantly badgering me for coffee, money etc. Bitching about other people to me, which I do not want to hear, then pretending to be concerned and involved in my stuff. HA! I metaphorically bite my tongue so hard my innards fall out. The ones I dislike the most are the fake genuine ones. Those that play false. They 'use' everything, everybody and anything chemical. Aaargh (and grrr). Oh well, had my girly whine now. Hoping everybody who isn't me is doing well today with your lives. My life in the here and now is because I am sober. Progressing with masterp 1. Got to the learning how to stich painted fabric onto a burns garment made of whiz bang stuff. For some reason- a bit of a challenge for myself and my consulting artist. M/P 2 is complete from a first concept. Now going to work on transferring it onto the real artisty type canvasy stuff. Works, but. Spent 3.5 hours doing painty stuff yesterday. Better than taking up nose picking. Just remember that wise old limerick: [/there was an old man from Nantucket (haha) Take care today - PJ.
Yes, painting is better than nose picking. Lol. And I hate fake people too and people who take, take, take! I totally related to your post. Hang in there.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
hang tough Phoenix I hope you can get peaceful sleep soon KiKi way to go on 1 month Samatha I woke up in a panic attack yesterday never a good way to wake up, I was able to attend my Smart Recovery meeting a few hours later and it was a great meeting.
Thank you Fred!
Old 10-04-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Holy cow! Just realized I have almost 5,000 steps on my Fitbit from just cleaning my house! It was a mess! Lol.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Holy cow! Just realized I have almost 5,000 steps on my Fitbit from just cleaning my house! It was a mess! Lol.
lol
Old 10-04-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Now come and clean mine and you will have your 10,000. LOL
Old 10-04-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hey guys.....good to be here with you all ~ Congrats Kiki!

Played the tape through a little while ago so I'm home now.....having a mental struggle, tho. I have Friday off next week & my AV is already making plans for the night before. Grrrrrrr! But I'm sober another day! If it weren't for you all, I'd probably be sitting at the bar right now!
Old 10-04-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Question

Bitch fest question time (the absurd keeps me sober and uninsane).
For a manipulative, narcisisstic, using, complaining, lazy person (of course following step work- this is not a judgement, merely an observation), which of the following is more apt?
1) Bitchy, girly whiny, snivelling little sh.t
2) Not a nice person
This important question is a vex to me and needs addressing immediately. Otherwise I will get so preoccupied with it, I'll probably forget how to breathe.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

^^^I'd go with option 1, but at the same time I think those could go hand in hand. (Sorry, that's probably not much help!)
Old 10-04-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

P3- how about a meld? Making it thus.
Bitchy,(girly-nice), whiney, snivelling little sh.t. Not a person.