SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 33 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/398153-class-march-2016-part-33-a.html)

Dee74 09-26-2016 08:51 PM

Class of March 2016 part 33

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-32-a-20.html

D

Bobbieka 09-26-2016 08:53 PM

Shotgun! Thanks, Dee.

Thirteenth 09-26-2016 08:57 PM

Congrats Bobbie (I was close). Thanks Dee.

About to close out my first fully sober day in a very long time. Still very concerned about the recovery time off but will try to take it one day at a time. We'll see what happens. If only I could shake this awful headache...

Dee74 09-26-2016 09:03 PM

Thanks guys. Hope the headache subsides thirteenth :)

D

LillianGish 09-26-2016 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteenth (Post 6150458)
Still fighting though and I'm sober. I just worry about when I'm alone. Also please pardon any typos as one hand typing is not something I'm used to.

About to close out my first fully sober day in a very long time. Still very concerned about the recovery time off but will try to take it one day at a time. We'll see what happens. If only I could shake this awful headache...

Thirteenth, I just want you to know - you're not alone. You're with us.

Hope the headache is better now. Water, rest, aspirin if you can take it....repeat. And chicken soup. That always makes me feel better no matter what seems to be ailing.

I look forward to walking with you down this new road. :grouphug:

LillianGish 09-26-2016 11:31 PM

Oh my Bobbie, your post to everyone made me cry. Really. Not just what you said to me, but how much love and understanding you shared with everyone.

Thank you for that very special gift. :hug:

PhoenixJ 09-27-2016 01:34 AM

Saint's Bobbie and D7 (patron Saints of SR alcie's). These mythical creatures are said to exist, although few have ever seen such apparitions- history being in the written word. Part of the legend has to do with belief, trust and sharing of common experiences. Followers tap into this natural resource and without fail are rewarded with a sense of progress and purpose. Saints Bobbie and D7 do not accept offerings- except those of sincere, humble and honest thanks at their awesomeness. There are unconfirmed rumours not only Saint B and D7 (hi guys) but all of the soberiva's on the hitch hiker's tour of sanity are being considered for a Nobel Prize in amagingness things and you know, like, stuff..

Bobbieka 09-27-2016 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6150614)
Saint's Bobbie and D7 (patron Saints of SR alcie's). These mythical creatures are said to exist, although few have ever seen such apparitions- history being in the written word. Part of the legend has to do with belief, trust and sharing of common experiences. Followers tap into this natural resource and without fail are rewarded with a sense of progress and purpose. Saints Bobbie and D7 do not accept offerings- except those of sincere, humble and honest thanks at their awesomeness. There are unconfirmed rumours not only Saint B and D7 (hi guys) but all of the soberiva's on the hitch hiker's tour of sanity are being considered for a Nobel Prize in amagingness things and you know, like, stuff..

Lol. Dee is a Saint. For sure. I love reading what you have to say. Belief, trust and sharing. Pretty powerful stuff.

Hope you're having a great day!

Dee74 09-27-2016 03:04 AM

I have to reject the mantle of sainthood I'm afraid.
I'm just an ordinary guy making amends :)

Thanks for the kind words though :)

D

Purplrks3647 09-27-2016 03:20 AM

Love the posts, guys.....what a good way to start the day! I've never been a morning person, but I gotta say waking up without a hangover is frggin' fantastic!

It's only been a few weeks since I last drank, and even though I've been trying to exercise regularly, I've noticed myself falling back into the crappy eating habits. That must be what's contributing to my moodiness.....

Anyway, just thought I'd check in before getting ready for work. Hope everyone has an awesome day :) I'll be thinking of you all and will sign back in this evening :)

KiKi0615 09-27-2016 04:31 AM

Good morning everyone! Have an amazing day. Doing step work this morning and then going to a meeting. I'll check back in later. :-)

Don't drink, it's poison.

Applekat 09-27-2016 04:53 AM

Day 37.

Thirteenth I'm proud of you and happy to see you here!

Have a peaceful day y'all.

clearlyheaded 09-27-2016 06:21 AM

Quick check in before I head in to work since I can't post from my phone (I hope that glich doesn't last too long!!). Rested and ready for day 3. What wonderful posts to wake up to today! PJ - love your posts. Glad you are here with us.

Have a wonderful day, Misfits. Know that you can handle anything that life throws at you today, and that you can handle it sober. We're in this together. :grouphug:

Thirteenth 09-27-2016 06:30 AM

Thank you all for the support. Rough start to day two as I didn't sleep well but I'm holding it together.

PhoenixJ 09-27-2016 06:33 AM

Watching a docu on 'The WickerMan' (Edward Woodward, Christopher Lee).
Creepy film- good. Lots of watching docu's lately- the origins of Christian morality with western culture and stuff. Saw counsellor today- get great feedback from others. Pointed out NEED to get them same feedback for me by me. That is a doozy. Start the big D stuff this week. HALT, got good support. Ugly times hoping not- will remain calm, quiet, listen and not sign anything first off. Remember my humanistic beliefs- that inherently people are good. Be guided by logic, not emotion. No thoughts of drinking, jeez how crappy would that make my situation?
Thinking of y'all. PJ

Bobbieka 09-27-2016 06:39 AM

Good morning! Woke up in the middle of the night. Took a minute to go back to sleep. My youngest turned 19! My last year having a teen. Went to her school. Took her to get pedicures then shopping and dinner. Just the two of us. Her friends joined us for shopping. We had a great day. I am completely worn out. College campus and the mall with 5 19 year old girls makes me feel like I've been hit by a truck. I am so lucky.

Have a fantastic day class!

13th - hope you feel better soon. Hugs to you.

Bobbieka 09-27-2016 06:43 AM

Will be praying for you Phoenix. My heart hurts for you. Prayers for your strength and peace.

PhoenixJ 09-27-2016 07:22 AM

B, the trick for me, my brain is thinking is to remember the basic truth- try to be the best person I can be, a good person 24/7, Tick-tock. I have planted my seeds of hope, watered with sobriety. pj

KiKi0615 09-27-2016 08:20 AM

Your Self Esteem

TIP: 101 Positive Things to Say to Myself

What we think in our minds will eventually become what we believe. This is why it is so important that we start saying positive things about ourselves many times each and every day. Choose two or three of the statements below and repeat them to yourself throughout the day.

I love myself.
The world has a need for me.
I am unique.
I can and I will do things to promote healing in my life.
I can handle this one step at a time.
The sun is shining; I am ready to take on another day.
My problem has a solution; I will work on a plan.
I am a survivor.
I refuse to give up because I haven’t tried all possible ways.
I will inhale confidence and exhale doubt.
I may be one in 7 billion but I am also one in 7 billion!
I am smart.
I believe I can change the world (or at least my corner of it).
I am important.
Today, I will celebrate me.
I matter.
I can find peace through prayer and meditation.
I am strong.
My confidence is beautiful.
I am imperfect but I’m perfectly me.
My smile can make someone feel better.
I choose to focus on what I can control.
Everything will work out in the end. If it hasn’t worked out yet, it’s not the end.
I am happy with who I am.
Every day, in every way, I am becoming better and better.
I am a good person.
I keep going because I believe in myself.
I choose to see the good in the people I interact with today.
It is always too early to give up on my goals.
I can reach out for help if I need it.
I am special; I will not change myself for anyone.
I choose hope.
The answer is right before me, even if I do not see it right now.
I am thankful for…
I choose to take good care of myself.
I accept myself.
I can make a difference.
My past does not define my future, I do.
My life is filled with possibility.
I refuse to be pushed by my problems; I will be led by my dreams.
I am awake and ready to be awesome.
I will focus on my talents; I have things to share with the world.
I choose to have the strength to move on to healthier relationships.
I deserve good things in life.
I release myself from my anger.
I love who I am.
I will allow peace to fill my soul.
Today is a new day; I will see what adventure it holds.
I choose to be proud of myself.
I will do my absolute best in all things.
I will speak kindly to others and to myself.
I choose to be brave and tell others if I need their support.
I have the power to control my reactions to the challenges I will face.
I am becoming healthier each and every day.
I choose to see each obstacle as an opportunity to grow.
I will step out of my comfort zone and try something new today.
I am a success; I can make this a great day.
Note to self: You are amazing.
I can control my breathing.
I will stay calm, it will get better.
I allow myself to forgive; it will allow me to move beyond the pain, to a place of peace.
I choose to make today amazing.
I choose to let the past go and move on to the future.
Today, I will be courageous.
I release all fear from my mind.
I can reach my goals, I am unstoppable.
I am ready to write a new chapter for my life.
I will take the time to notice and be thankful for the little things.
I can write down my thoughts and take control of my emotions.
I am a child of God.
My hard work is already paying off.
I am thankful for life.
I choose to be happy.
I accept the good that is flowing into my life.
I will not allow anxious thoughts to steal my joy.
Today, I forgive myself.
My body knows how to get better; I will listen to it and rest when needed.
I am stronger than my worries.
I’m not the only one who struggles; I choose to be kind to everyone that I meet.
Yesterday was a bad day, not a bad life. Today will be better.
I am braver than I feel.
While I wait for the storm to pass, I will choose to dance in the rain.
I am loved.
I will remember; often difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations.
There is more to life than this moment; I choose to keep moving forward.
I am capable of bringing my dreams to life.
I am okay. I am breathing. I am alive.
I am capable of achieving great things.
I light the world with my smile.
My spirit is beautiful.
I make a difference in the world.
I allow myself to take a break and do something I enjoy.
I can make a difference.
I’m not sure what will happen tomorrow, but I’ll take care of myself so I am strong enough to face it.
I choose to approach my problems with a calm heart and mind.
I trust myself.
I will do my best with whatever comes my way.
I have a purpose that I am fulfilling.
I will listen to that whisper of hope that says, ‘you can do it, try again’.
I can change my life.
I will learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow.
​ ​ - See more at: http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/Pag....UPO6rpuV.dpuf

Ladybug2 09-27-2016 09:41 AM

Hi everyone!

Late check in on Day 9. I volunteered at my daughter's 1st grade class this morning and really had fun. Sometimes I think I would have enjoyed being a teacher and then other times I don't think I would have the patience for it lol.

Feeling ok today. Little one woke up crying at 5:15. Mornings without a hangover never get old, but then as the day progresses my AV tries to sell me it's usual BS. Will it ever leave me alone? Ugh!

Phoenix- thinking about you xxx Love reading your posts.

Way to go on Day 2 Thirteenth. Don't give in today, you can do this!!

Bobbie, sounds like a wonderful day with your daughter. You ARE lucky!

Hope everyone else is doing well and staying strong. I won't drink today and no one else can either :)