Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 28

Old 11-19-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Excellent work Up, 5 weeks, my lord that's a good effort....!

Back on phone....
Old 11-19-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, Tops, I hadn't considered the effects of the storm on the docks - of course they must have taken a hammering. Sounds like there's still a lot of clearing up to do.

I'll be taking a few of Mums things over to her new care home today - hoping to make her room look nice for her move next week. Not long now before I can get back to my own life routines again.

Great work on 5 weeks smoke free, UP, that's fabulous
Old 11-20-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

UP- Thanks for the link! I'm calling them now! Better now then never.

Tops- I hadn't even thought about the after effects of the hurricane! I'm glad your resolve is strong!

Obos- Mobile or not, keep coming back!

Freein- Good luck with getting your Mum settled! I know transitions can be hard, but it sounds like you found a great place for her.

Well happy Sunday to everyone. Last night dinner was good with my Mom. Today I'm going to read 2 chapters, write a quick paper, and relax and watch football. I'm about to start this morning with a meditation and most likely hit my Sunday Meeting. Have a great day!
Old 11-20-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Morning All,

Things have settled here, now looking to move forwards.

Suns out 38 degrees, time for the beach....

Tops, what about a metal detector, I bet there's a small fortune in coins and such on the beaches after a cyclone.....
Old 11-20-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Obo, ....we get new sand dredged and pumped from the sandy bottom from about 400 meters offshore bringing the elevation of the beach up around 2.5 meters ,...because of the natural erosion every 10 -12 years. They just finished the dredging project this spring .
,....but I see folks searching for jewelry on the beaches with those detectors over the years .

Got really, really lucky today !!!
The guy trimming out of a bucket this morning cut the last remaining tall tree out the back door for me ! At nearly 18 meters high, it was way too tall for me to drag over in a controlled fall and clear the big live oak next to it .

Hopefully he'll be back tomorrow to take care of the branch tied off over the roof . They were working till well after dark over there, ....and I was half expecting him to get here after work ,,,,,, offered him cash to do it,... but with it getting dark so early . Not today.

These journeymen crews are working 10-11 hour days ,....7 days a week . Must be like working offshore oil rigs , but erratically.

Spent half a day pressure washing the shop . This is always a good time of year for exterior painting with 15 -16 C sunny days .

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday !
Old 11-20-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Tops, I get tired just reading your updates.........! Where in the day is a snooze, or even just a lay down!
Old 11-20-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

That's great news Tops - more wood for the winter months no doubt. It's well in to single figures here, weather wise (Celsius). Think of us while you're at the beach Obo?

Unfortunately mums room at the home hadn't been finished yesterday - they're still preparing it, so we couldn't really do anything. She's moving in tomorrow, so I hope they get a move on today with it.

Izzy, how's the new house, are you sorted out there yet?
Old 11-20-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Freein, good luck with moving your Mum in, I hope its a smooth transition for her!
Old 11-21-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Thanks Obo
Old 11-21-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Sorry its been a while. Not doing too well but y'all are always an inspiration! Moved into the new house- had my first "client" in 15 years ... wow what a humbling experience! Not much to say - better at listening these days I guess ...

love yall,

I
Old 11-22-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Hi Izzy, sorry to hear that you've "not been doing too well", hope things improve for you soon. Great job getting your first client though, that must have been quite a challenge after 15 years!

I've just started reading "A New Earth, create a better life" by Eckhart Tolle. My mind isn't so caught up with thoughts these days - a bit more peace. I still have my moments, but not nearly as tough as it has been in the past. I can see myself retreating to a Himalayan cave one day!

Anyone else reading a good book at the moment?
Old 11-22-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Administrator

what are you doing for your recovery Izzy?

D
Old 11-22-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Free- I have a Tolle book on my kindle bc of your recommendations - thanks

Dee- I'm planning to rejoin aa. It will be humbling to walk back thru those doors but clearly, I'm on a steady decline ...

Peace, fools
Old 11-23-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

It's never too late (or too early) to get back on track, Izzy. Now is exactly the right time to focus on a healthy, sober future.

How I wish I'd not wasted so many years saying "I'll begin tomorrow"! It's quite incomprehensible now when I look back on it, but at the time I just went through life letting myself down continuously, it was soul destroying.

Btw, Eckhart is doing a retreat in California in February. I would love to attend, but it's a long way to travel. I'm hoping he'll come to Europe sometime over the next year. I don't want to miss an opportunity to see him.

He's also venturing to Australia in May, I think. Why is he avoiding me???? (Do you think he can he sense my desperation and neediness?)
Old 11-23-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Thank you Free. Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving(not sure who all here celebrates that?) and I am so thankful for your support. It is very difficult for me to admit failing. Again. But yesterday I was thinking about how I hope I always remember how this feels. How hopeleSs and crappy this can be and how much it means to have just one persons kindness. So thank you for that.

I am not giving up.

Day 1.

Happy thanksgiving fools!
Old 11-23-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

((((((Izzy))))))

Happy thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-24-2016, 01:37 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hi Izzy, moving is extremely difficult. It really rocked me...... 4 months so far, getting better though.

Got the Ute home today. It's a ripper!

Hope all are well.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:25 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving Izzy and to Tops Up Mariah Noolan and anyone else celebrating
Old 11-24-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

First and foremost, happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Obos- Glad you have found some kind of balance and things are moving forward!

Tops- Your recovery and continued work from the hurricane sounds rough, but is inspiring!

UP- I hope all is well!

Freein- The only book I have time for is my college studies. That said, it's cognitive theory and it's reinforcing my recovery. I hope your mom gets settled soon!

Izzy- There is no shame in walking back to AA. I've been going for 10 months now and honestly anytime someone comes back after a relapse, I'm nothing but inspired by the bravery of it. AA helps me, because it gives the in person support I need. I'm far from Mr. AA or a zealot though. I take what I need and leave what I don't. Recovery for me is a hodgepodge of AA, SR, Buddhism, and any other suggestion that is helpful along the way. I wish you the best!

Thanksgiving, sober. I was trying to think back to this time last year when I was in active addiction. I don't remember how I managed my consumption to show up to Thanksgiving in a functional state. I did, but it's just crazy to think that's how I was living.

Today, I get to be present. I keep telling myself that, because it's so true for me. All the times I thought alcohol or drugs were enhancing my life, but my experience was false. It was a set of blinders, but I thought I couldn't see without them. Today, I get to enjoy life without managing my shakes, my fears, my anxieties. It's frankly, a ******* miracle. So I'm thankful to all of you for your continued support, not starting my day off worrying about having to live a lie, and am grateful for life. Much love, Nolan.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... for those outside the US, happy Thursday.

I'm doing good, things could be better but, they could be MUCH worse.

There is nothing to be ashamed about going back to AA, you will not be the first and definitely won't be the last.

Hope you all are well. In for the bargain.