View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
topspin

Obo, ....we get new sand dredged and pumped from the sandy bottom from about 400 meters offshore bringing the elevation of the beach up around 2.5 meters ,...because of the natural erosion every 10 -12 years. They just finished the dredging project this spring .
,....but I see folks searching for jewelry on the beaches with those detectors over the years .

Got really, really lucky today !!!
The guy trimming out of a bucket this morning cut the last remaining tall tree out the back door for me ! At nearly 18 meters high, it was way too tall for me to drag over in a controlled fall and clear the big live oak next to it .

Hopefully he'll be back tomorrow to take care of the branch tied off over the roof . They were working till well after dark over there, ....and I was half expecting him to get here after work ,,,,,, offered him cash to do it,... but with it getting dark so early . Not today.

These journeymen crews are working 10-11 hour days ,....7 days a week . Must be like working offshore oil rigs , but erratically.

Spent half a day pressure washing the shop . This is always a good time of year for exterior painting with 15 -16 C sunny days .

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday !