Notices

Class of March 2016 part 31

Old 09-04-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Speaking of drum circles....there is one tonight at one of our beaches here.....it's every Sunday at sunset....I really should take my drum and go! Since I'm not good at giving advice, I'm trying to post a cute pic for everyone but my computer is being a brat. I'm so glad you all are here!
That sounds like it would be a blast!!!
Old 09-04-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
Kiki what a post thanks for the honesty, that is a recipe for disaster no food and all that booze be good to yourself today Jemma and Keets hang tough just for today don't drink clearlyheaded let go of the resentments prayer mediation journal whatever it takes hang tight everyone help is available take shelter from the storm
Thx Fred! I hope your cravings have passed.??
Old 09-04-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
Feeling like I'm unraveling right now. My kids really upset me and I blew up at them. I need to breath I was upstairs cleaning and had told my oldest daughter to watch the other 2 they were were outside and told her they cannot be alon and she knows that. So I come downstairs and she is insid playing the Xbox and there is some strange kid in my house that the kids just met a few weeks ago. She put her shoe in the door holding it in and let our 4 month old kitten out. I went outside to look for home and my son had wood knives a saw and some other tools out like he was playing wood shop. Yeah so this all took place within like 10-15 mins. They know better this isn't anything new. now they are playing like nothing ever even happened. I just don't know what to do anymore they won't listen and forget 2 mins later that they were in trouble. Sorry needed to vent sooo bad I really want to drink right now. I'm not feeling as positive as I was this morning and feel like I'm about to derail
That sounds stressful! I remember those days and it was hard! Hang in there! They grow up so fast!
Old 09-04-2016, 09:25 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Thought we could all use some puppy therapy today! HUGS to all!
I love puppy therapy!
Old 09-04-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icarus2 View Post
Hi all. Stay safe and sober.
Hi Icarus!
Old 09-04-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Checking in. Feeling angry, frustrated and bored....an odd cocktail. Angry at my daughter, frustrated with myself and bored with my time off.....blech!
I hope you are ok Sam!
Old 09-04-2016, 09:31 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
My son is currently falling apart bc he missed out on an ice cream cone tonight - he didn't eat his vegetable. Kids. Love em!!
Been there done that. It's hard. I feel for you. (((Apple)))
Old 09-05-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Morning class. Checking in on day 15. Last day of summer vaca here for us. 6 yr old heads to first grade tomorrow morning.

I will NOT drink today. Best part of sobriety is being there completely for my kids. They never really knew if I was buzzed, etc, but sometimes my head was already planning/worrying about the next drink so I was sometimes otherwise preoccupied even when playing Candyland or reading Dr. Seuss.

Happy Labor Day!
Old 09-05-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Morning friends! Hi Apple! Still laying in bed feeling lazy...lol. About to start the last day of my mini- vacay. Plans for today include a run, cleaning the house, reading that damn book and maybe a yoga class. Well off to make me some startin fluid!
Old 09-05-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Sam you clean the house a lot!!

Enjoy! I'm laying in bed with baby girl. Ahhh.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi (morning to you, 2030 here) all. These posts are uplifting. I know you are all out there because I can hear you breathing. Took a risk today after seeing my psychololologist person. That to grow means I could be taking thoughtful productive risks. Well I did. I have not heard from my 2 adult sons for over a year. Keep in contact via email- which never bounce and I know the emails are read. Never responded to. When asked the question ' what have you got to lose asking them to meet for a coffee? (double shot latte with 3 sugars with a short black) I could not come up with a rational believable answer. So took the plunge and sent an email to my sons asking just that. That was 9 hours ago, no response. So waiting with hope, but time will tell. I hate time- it sucks. Took the risk. Love my sons muchly and miss them. I feel sick.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Sam you clean the house a lot!!

Enjoy! I'm laying in bed with baby girl. Ahhh.
I do clean the house a lot! Lol.

Sounds like a cozy morning in your world. Enjoy!
Old 09-05-2016, 04:15 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icarus2 View Post
Hi (morning to you, 2030 here) all. These posts are uplifting. I know you are all out there because I can hear you breathing. Took a risk today after seeing my psychololologist person. That to grow means I could be taking thoughtful productive risks. Well I did. I have not heard from my 2 adult sons for over a year. Keep in contact via email- which never bounce and I know the emails are read. Never responded to. When asked the question ' what have you got to lose asking them to meet for a coffee? (double shot latte with 3 sugars with a short black) I could not come up with a rational believable answer. So took the plunge and sent an email to my sons asking just that. That was 9 hours ago, no response. So waiting with hope, but time will tell. I hate time- it sucks. Took the risk. Love my sons muchly and miss them. I feel sick.
lcarus - that is an amazing, albeit scary step. I will be praying for you and your sons today. Big risks often equal big reward - what an excellent showing of bravery. Thinking of you my friend.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Thank you (friend) S14. Self saucing misery is no longer an option. It was a companion who I had for a very long time. Icarus (nee Phoenix).
Old 09-05-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
While I have been posting, I've also chosen to be invisible. Perhaps it was a defense mechanism for when, not if, I screwed up. I changed my settings to be visible again. We'll see how it goes.

Good to see you Kiki, don't beat up on yourself.
Visibility brings with it its own level of accountability.....which is daunting and scary....and worth it.....this is true on SR and in real life. Proud of you Thirteenth!!
Old 09-05-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi Apple! I'm just sitting in the recliner with my pup watching football. I'm just really tired. My body can NOT handle alcohol anymore. I want my 57 days back dammit!

Sorry....haven't read all the posts. Just too tired & pissed at myself. Hopefully I'll have a fresh perspective tomorrow.

Love u all!
I hope you slept well Kiki!! And soon you will have 57 days again...and then 58, 59..... Love you too!!
Old 09-05-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Bobbie....Casey....where are you? Mom...Dad??
Old 09-05-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Haha I love that Sam!
Old 09-05-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Well we know Bobbie had phone issues.
But Casey hasn't logged in since 9/3.

Casey hope all is well with you and your work/move! Thinking of you.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Icarus proud of you. Very brave but sounds like it was time to try. Good for you.