Notices

Class of March 2016 part 31

Old 09-04-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

CH - good for you recognizing it ahead of time. What do you have planned for today?
Old 09-04-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Stick close together, March Class
^^^

Perfectly said.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This afternoon DH and I went to a Caribbean-African festival that's being held at a local park here - we got to see a pretty cool drum circle Then it was off to good old Wal-Mart and man was it packed with moms and kids getting ready for back to school....pandemonium....lol...I miss it
Old 09-04-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Speaking of drum circles....there is one tonight at one of our beaches here.....it's every Sunday at sunset....I really should take my drum and go!

Since I'm not good at giving advice, I'm trying to post a cute pic for everyone but my computer is being a brat.

I'm so glad you all are here!
Old 09-04-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

That sounds amazing Purplrks!!
Old 09-04-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Clearly - keep posting!!

Telling on myself worked yesterday!
Old 09-04-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Kiki what a post thanks for the honesty, that is a recipe for disaster no food and all that booze be good to yourself today
Jemma and Keets hang tough just for today don't drink
clearlyheaded let go of the resentments prayer mediation journal whatever it takes
hang tight everyone help is available take shelter from the storm
Old 09-04-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Feeling like I'm unraveling right now. My kids really upset me and I blew up at them. I need to breath

I was upstairs cleaning and had told my oldest daughter to watch the other 2 they were were outside and told her they cannot be alon and she knows that. So I come downstairs and she is insid playing the Xbox and there is some strange kid in my house that the kids just met a few weeks ago. She put her shoe in the door holding it in and let our 4 month old kitten out. I went outside to look for home and my son had wood knives a saw and some other tools out like he was playing wood shop. Yeah so this all took place within like 10-15 mins. They know better this isn't anything new. now they are playing like nothing ever even happened. I just don't know what to do anymore they won't listen and forget 2 mins later that they were in trouble.
Sorry needed to vent sooo bad I really want to drink right now. I'm not feeling as positive as I was this morning and feel like I'm about to derail
Old 09-04-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey Keets! Wow, that sucks! Sorry, I don't know about raising or disciplining kids (only that I would never have the patience to do so,....so kudos to you!) As my Dad says, "Kids are a pain in the ass!"
Old 09-04-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thought we could all use some puppy therapy today! HUGS to all!
Old 09-04-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
Feeling like I'm unraveling right now. My kids really upset me and I blew up at them. I need to breath

I was upstairs cleaning and had told my oldest daughter to watch the other 2 they were were outside and told her they cannot be alon and she knows that. So I come downstairs and she is insid playing the Xbox and there is some strange kid in my house that the kids just met a few weeks ago. She put her shoe in the door holding it in and let our 4 month old kitten out. I went outside to look for home and my son had wood knives a saw and some other tools out like he was playing wood shop. Yeah so this all took place within like 10-15 mins. They know better this isn't anything new. now they are playing like nothing ever even happened. I just don't know what to do anymore they won't listen and forget 2 mins later that they were in trouble.
Sorry needed to vent sooo bad I really want to drink right now. I'm not feeling as positive as I was this morning and feel like I'm about to derail
Hey Keets!! Sounds like quite an afternoon at your house! Take some deep breaths and think it through....drinking would not improve the situation....in fact it would make it 100% worse!! Keep posting here and stay close!! Hugs!!
Old 09-04-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
As my Dad says, "Kids are a pain in the ass!"
Your Dad sounds like a wise man!!
Old 09-04-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Hey Keets!! Sounds like quite an afternoon at your house! Take some deep breaths and think it through....drinking would not improve the situation....in fact it would make it 100% worse!! Keep posting here and stay close!! Hugs!!
This, Keets. I don't have children so have no advice to offer. I'll stick with the experts like Sam who do.

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post

Thought we could all use some puppy therapy today! HUGS to all!
And this.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi all. Stay safe and sober.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
I don't have children so have no advice to offer. I'll stick with the experts like Sam who do.
Lol!! Definitely not an expert!! My daughter who is 18 lied to me today about where she slept last night....at her boyfriends house.....uggg!! Kids suck!
Old 09-04-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Checking in. Feeling angry, frustrated and bored....an odd cocktail. Angry at my daughter, frustrated with myself and bored with my time off.....blech!
Old 09-04-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Lol!! Definitely not an expert!! My daughter who is 18 lied to me today about where she slept last night....at her boyfriends house.....uggg!! Kids suck!
OK, so there are no actual experts. You do the best you can and I'm sure your children and Keets's will turn out just fine.

I can only imagine how mad my parents were at me while I was growing up. Actually, I let my brother bear the brunt of that while still being difficult. Regardless, I've no doubt you know what's best and try to instill that. At some point children must spread their wings and make their own decisions. Seems yours are at that point or very close. Easy for me to say, of course.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm bored with my time off too Sam. If a few days now drives me nutty, I might completely lose it after surgery. I'm already thinking of bailing on it after getting the annoying work pack for time off. I won't though. I think, even though I have tomorrow off, I'll go in and work off the clock.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

You all keep this quiet and I'll get all journaling on your butts!
Old 09-04-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

My son is currently falling apart bc he missed out on an ice cream cone tonight - he didn't eat his vegetable.

Kids. Love em!!