Notices

Class of September 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 09-11-2016, 12:01 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsJustMe89 View Post
Hi everyone! I would like to rejoin the September group. Today was day 2 for me. Tomorrow im onto day 3! I am determined to make it through this week without drinking. (as a short term goal) I am tired of getting to my Friday night midnight meeting and sitting there feeling guilty so I don't want to share. And then when everyone else has already shared I just know I have to tell on myself. So I do and then I pick up yet another white chip. I did that 2 weeks in a row. This Friday I am not going to need a new white chip. Not that I don't go to other meetings also. Its just that the Friday midnight meeting is such a small group and I have a good friend that goes and I just have to tell the truth and be honest with them. Other meetings I can literally just attend, maybe even share, but keep my secrets. I know that is bad. But its going to be different this week. Today I poured out the Captain Morgan and red wine that I had left. And I signed up for over time at work this week. So I'll be getting home later which means there is less time for me to be by myself with the thoughts of drinking. I know I need to tell my sponsor about my latest relapse. I don't know why I am able to tell my best sober friend and the rest of the group at the Friday midnight meeting... but for some reason I just dread telling my sponsor.
Bless you, I totally understand, I had to tell my sponsor I had relapsed after 9 weeks sober the other day, felt as guilty as hell and even thought of not owning up but at the end of the day it's a programme of rigorous honesty. So after nearly finishing step 4 had to go back to step 1...... It's a horrible illness but hey you are here, I am here and we both still have the wish and the desire to stop drinking and stay stopped. Given time it will happen. Good luck. Elle
Old 09-11-2016, 12:02 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elle126 View Post
Well done Benjamin so pleased you are feeling more positive today. Part of staying sober is changing routines and it's good you have made a plan for today. You can do this, stay positive we are all routing for you. Elle ddc4d
Thank you elle

A lot of my issues are phycological and I need to learn alternative ways of dealing with them, I think understanding what makes me drink in the first place is an important tool to me taking back control of myself
Old 09-11-2016, 12:42 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VirginiaWoof View Post
Good morning (at least it is in the UK). Back here again with my tail between my legs. We go on holiday in just under 5 weeks and I'd like to spend the run up to it sober!

I've self referred to AddAction so hope to hear from them soon about an appointment
Hi Virginia
I know what you're saying we go in just over 9 weeks and I too want to spend them weeks sober as well as the holiday. I'm on day 3
Good luck
Old 09-11-2016, 12:44 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Benjamin123 View Post
Thank you elle

A lot of my issues are phycological and I need to learn alternative ways of dealing with them, I think understanding what makes me drink in the first place is an important tool to me taking back control of myself
Definitely keep checking in here. I know I'm back to Day 1 but in the past I managed nearly 2 months 'dry' thanks to the great folk here.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:45 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinky1 View Post
Hi Virginia
I know what you're saying we go in just over 9 weeks and I too want to spend them weeks sober as well as the holiday. I'm on day 3
Good luck
Good luck to you too :-)
Old 09-11-2016, 12:49 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Benjamin123 View Post
Start of my day 2 - feeling less sorry for myself today which is a good start ! I'm going to try and have a productive day as possible, to keep my mind of everything and also make amends to the other half - I would normally have a few drinks on a Sunday whilst making dinner so that's going to be a little out of the norm, so I'm going to get dinner in the oven and suggest we take the dogs for a nice walk instead while it cooks.

Trying to stay positive by reading other people's posts on here - good luck to everyone else today
Well done Benjamin
Keep positive
Focus on today you don't need a drink have a lovely walk instead in the fresh air and spend some sober time with your partner. I'm day 3 but feeling better already
Old 09-11-2016, 12:54 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi guys I'm on day 5, relapsed after 9 weeks, so dumb. Glad to see you here Virginia and pinky you can do it. Benjamin, this illness is of the mind and body, once you give into the psychological addiction and have one drink the body takes over, your mind says I will have 1 but your body wants more more more. Keep going. You CAN do this. Elle 👍
Old 09-11-2016, 02:21 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Fantastic Pirene, really well done!

That's the spirit Benjamin, good plan. I too usually have drinks when cooking Sunday dinner so this week I think I'm going to make something quick rather than a roast.

Sorry you relapsed too Elle, I'm here after throwing 4 weeks away - and after doing my first sober holiday ever last time too. Ugh. Still good we have jumped right back on it, learn from our mistakes and move forward. Wish you the best.

Sat up to silly hours last night, which is a frequent thing the night after drinking. It's like my mind won't stop whirling and overthinking every little thing. So very tired today but the plan is to get motivated after a few coffees and do lots of housework. Amazing how one night of drinking creates such a mess round the house as I cannot be bothered the next day to do anything.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by capricallia View Post

Sat up to silly hours last night, which is a frequent thing the night after drinking. It's like my mind won't stop whirling and overthinking every little thing. So very tired today but the plan is to get motivated after a few coffees and do lots of housework. Amazing how one night of drinking creates such a mess round the house as I cannot be bothered the next day to do anything.
Wow, I could have written that word for word. I work from home and am having to fit in so much work as I drank through too many 'work' hours this week
Old 09-11-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Im really hurt, betrayed and upset and i can't even write or talk about it. just in so much shock
Old 09-11-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Afternoon, I'm 3 days in with a bit of a headache but I got over my serious craving a couple of hours ago. I was directed here to learn about recovery. I'll be grateful for any advice. Cheers. Dean
Old 09-11-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

my partner/best friend/lover has developed a problem with cocaine, and has been having multiple sex partners behind my back. and i had no idea this was going on until a couple days ago. Now all his secrets seems to be rising to the top.
he has betrayed me very much. and he is very ill and doesn't even know it.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Wow windancer sorry to hear this. I can't really offer advice because I have not been in that situation before. I do know that he can only get better if its important to him, so as hard as it may be you need to stay focused on yourself and your healing. Spend lots of time with your horses as our pets love us unconditionally. Stay strong.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great plan you have for yourself today Benjamin 123. Hope you have a wonderful sober Sunday!
Old 09-11-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Welcome back ItsJustMe89!
Old 09-11-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DG3000 View Post
Afternoon, I'm 3 days in with a bit of a headache but I got over my serious craving a couple of hours ago. I was directed here to learn about recovery. I'll be grateful for any advice. Cheers. Dean
Read all the posts and post lots yourself. To me it's keeping me strong knowing we are all in the same boat-so it's kinda like everyone has an oar to row to help keep us going forward. Good luck Dean.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I am not doing well. I just found my partner in bed with another woman this morning and I am absolutely devasated.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

If I get through today sober it will be a miracle. I called my sponsor and I am going to see her soon.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Oh windancer that's just terrible darling how awful for you. Can't believe such an awful thing has happened to you. Sending you love and hugs. Hold tight xxx
Old 09-11-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. I was in the August group and I had 2 weeks sober yesterday, and then decided after a day of shopping that I would have 1 beer. That led to 2 more beers and a pint of vodka because I am clearly an idiot! I am now sick as a dog today and feeling like crap! I can't believe I did this to myself again. I just want to get thru it and get back to sobriety because I was feeling so good! Now I am nauseus, tired and have a headache, so I can't enjoy spending time with my family today. Hopefully it will pass soon an I can make it a better day.