Notices

Class of September 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 09-08-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SomeSortOfHuman View Post
Summer holidays aside, daytime drinking wasn't something I did until a few months ago - it kind of crept up on me. The gorgeous weather somehow made me feel it was justified - just "making the most of it".
Wow -- I have used those exact words to describe being triggered myself on a particularly lovely day. I guess I should've known I wasn't the only one.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome janeeb, Furze, Carbearlost, meangirl, Berty, & MeSo
(apologies if I missed someone)

D
Old 09-08-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Yes I did want to say "I'm in," officially. Still love my Marcher 2013 peeps, but I kind of want to make a fresh start. Thanks Dee.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:59 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
South Asian

Hello all. Here's to a good weekend for everyone. I have a five day holiday coming up with various functions where alcohol will be available. Fortunately, I was never a social drinker and so won't feel pressurised to drink at the functions. Having time to spare at home is a different story. I will stay sober. Previously, I would have said "I will try and stay sober".
Old 09-09-2016, 01:08 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Morning all well when I got home my hubby had already purchased the wine and it was in the fridge .... So day 1 for me today I have this week free so hoping I can focus !!!
Old 09-09-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and welcome to SR. I've joined at the end of May this year and never looked back. Best of luck in your sobriety.

Please pop in the class of May thread, lovely poeple there, lots of support and everyone is welcome!
Old 09-09-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi janeeb - maybe it's worth working out a plan for next time you find booze at home?

D
Old 09-09-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Oh janee that's really tough, I had exactly the same with my ex partner, I would try to stop drinking and he would go out and buy a bottle of wine, urging me to have a glass and the cycle would begin all over again. In early days it would be good if you could ask your other half to refrain may be? Elle X
Old 09-09-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone! First big test today on day 9. Have an 'employee appreciation' work golf outing this afternoon where in the past i would have even pre-drank for. Will be checking in and reading posts from my phone throughout the day to help me stay strong...Gotta get to day 10 tomorrow. Wish me luck and have a great day peeps.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

You can do it Win just stay strong and determined. Elle👍
Old 09-09-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me today... Withdrawing but bearable. I hope to make it into every coming month class as a dry alcoholic!!

Good luck everyone...
Old 09-09-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bertyboy1000 View Post
Day 2 for me today... Withdrawing but bearable. I hope to make it into every coming month class as a dry alcoholic!! Good luck everyone...
Well done berty you can do it!!!👍
Old 09-09-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Stay strong Wintheday! I also have a social gathering for work this weekend but I plan on driving and only staying for a couple hours. I know it's lying to others but if someone asks me if I want a drink I'm just going to tell them that it gives me heartburn. There's a few people that really put on the pressure for me to drink with them so I think that that is easier than explaining why I am choosing to stay sober now.
Day 6 done. Welcome day 7.
Hoping everyone stays sober today!
Old 09-09-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pirene View Post
Stay strong Wintheday! I also have a social gathering for work this weekend but I plan on driving and only staying for a couple hours. I know it's lying to others but if someone asks me if I want a drink I'm just going to tell them that it gives me heartburn. There's a few people that really put on the pressure for me to drink with them so I think that that is easier than explaining why I am choosing to stay sober now.
Day 6 done. Welcome day 7.
Hoping everyone stays sober today!
Thanks for the encouragement!! About an hr from the event and cravings are getting pretty bad...trying to stay busy and focus on other things to tune out the little voice that says 'just have one, it'll be different this time'. It's amazing how that dirty drug alcohol tries to control us. Gaining strength from writing here...trying to win today.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

When your av calls flick it off your shoulder like an imaginary piece of lint. Even if you look like you have a strange tick just keep flicking it off lol.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

celebrating a birthday in September so why not join belatedly? still have to read through this thread but I'll get to it.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Unfortunately I am back to day 1 again.
I need to sort out a plan when I'm home on my own as this seems to be when I relapse. I am determined though so I've put yesterday behind me and looking forward.
Good luck everyone let's have a sober weekend
Old 09-09-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Post here first, right? I am at 12 days today. Woke up feeling awesome...again. Went on a hike. Also exercised, ate well, drank water and did everything right. We are hosting a meeting tonight for the kickoff of an organization. We will have chinese food and beer to get people excited and build team building. The volunteers look forward to it and it is to celebrate their time and make it fun. It is not my call.

That having been said, all week long I knew I had this. I got it. As we get closer the idea of "maybe I just shouldn't get drunk" or "cheat day" kick in. Yes, yes, I know, I know. Writing it makes it sound as crazy as it is. It is my AV. My plan is to think of it as getting through two hours and how happy I will be with myself tomorrow morning. Think of taking a bath afterwards. Think of the confidence I will have and this is just a waiting game versus having to deal with the consequences. Writing this I feel good.

Is this a dumb idea? If it gets too hard just feign illness and leave? I feel like I need an eject button. At the very least, I need a hard stop where I can just leave. Maybe give myself a piece of chocolate after two hours. Any other ideas are welcome.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hope you're all well!

Day 7

It's been a really rough day today but battled through it. Went for a cycle ride and cooked dinner for my son and wife. Relaxing now with a mint tea.
Have a great weekend all.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

I've failed miserably. I'm sorry team, I gave in and I'm hating myself for it. Dammit