Old 09-09-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
AcornToOak

Post here first, right? I am at 12 days today. Woke up feeling awesome...again. Went on a hike. Also exercised, ate well, drank water and did everything right. We are hosting a meeting tonight for the kickoff of an organization. We will have chinese food and beer to get people excited and build team building. The volunteers look forward to it and it is to celebrate their time and make it fun. It is not my call.

That having been said, all week long I knew I had this. I got it. As we get closer the idea of "maybe I just shouldn't get drunk" or "cheat day" kick in. Yes, yes, I know, I know. Writing it makes it sound as crazy as it is. It is my AV. My plan is to think of it as getting through two hours and how happy I will be with myself tomorrow morning. Think of taking a bath afterwards. Think of the confidence I will have and this is just a waiting game versus having to deal with the consequences. Writing this I feel good.

Is this a dumb idea? If it gets too hard just feign illness and leave? I feel like I need an eject button. At the very least, I need a hard stop where I can just leave. Maybe give myself a piece of chocolate after two hours. Any other ideas are welcome.