Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 09-13-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back LonelyWombat
Good to see you too Jo
best wishes Elke - and you too with the house Camery!

hello to countrygirl, simplicity, eagle, caramel and anyone else lurking

D
Old 09-14-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday all!
It is official! Got the new place for October 1. Definetely in my price range, and it is super super cute. 15 minutes away from my new job!
Hope you are all doing well. Sorry I have been MIA, this packing/purging thing is a lot of work!
Old 09-14-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

That's fab, camery!!!!
Old 09-14-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in and catching up on all the posts. Things are good here...school is back in session so getting in to a routine in our busy household.

CG - Thanks for checking in...we're very excited about little bundle of joy coming but long way to go. Scheduled the gender appointment for 8 weeks from tomorrow. We have an almost 3 year old boy and a 1 year old boy, so we'll see what we see on this one We are in TX...was in Wisconsin last week for LSU-Badgers game and weather was amazing. I'm sure soon enough will turn a bit colder!!

Elke - Glad you are getting some progress on job front. I've got a lead or two working but nothing concrete. Good analogy with regards to the first date comparison

Camery - Very inspiring...glad things are working out so well with regards to the job, place to live/move, and your mom's positive reaction. Good things happen to good people, especially as they continue to stay sober!!

Hope you are continuing to do well LW and give us an update when you can
Old 09-14-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

I am here and telling on my AV, which is suddenly rearing its ugly head

It's like as soon as I start feeling healthy and good again my evil AV starts its nasty whispers and lies

So that's what's happening right now. I needed to tell on it
Old 09-14-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can beat it CountryGal

congrats Camery

Hi Eagle

D
Old 09-14-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee
Old 09-14-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Exciting news guys....one company invited me to do 2 'test days' with them as they can't decide which one, me or the other person. So I'll go there on Mon and Tue next week. I think I'll like it there. This was yesterday.
Today I had a call from the other company with a job offer, yes that's right and I accepted it. I'm over the moon, that was a close shave!

I'll still go and do the test days just to see what it's like.
I'm getting to old for this, literally. This was the first job hunt where I was seriously worried about my age (mid 50) and the fact that my hair is getting quiet grey. This might sound funny but it's not. I was interviewed by this young man and thought I might remind him of his granny LOL. So here's a note to myself: KEEP THIS JOB!

Camery, good to hear that your moving plans are falling into place. You sound so happy and ready to rock and roll...

CG, excellent job on keeping your AV in check! Throw him to the Mayflies

Eagle, good luck with the school runs!

Hope everyone is doing well, my prayers to you if you're struggling...
Old 09-14-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for u elke!!!!!!!!

Happy happy joy joy

Jazz hands, friend!!!

So thankful for all the fab mayflies we have here. I just got back from a run. Telling on the AV helped tremendously 😊😁
Old 09-14-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Home after a long day today-- lease signed, explored the area, shopped. etc. and I am sick as a dog. Stuffed up head, cough congestion, and fever, so I sure as heck that goes away, I have no time to be sick. Going to rest early this evening and hope a good night sleep is all I need.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Yuck - feel better soon ☺️
Old 09-15-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Woke up feeling refreshed, but stiff, which is I am sure as a result of moving, packing, etc. Today I have to find a mover!!!! That is the plan for this morning and then, its purge time!
Hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-15-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Elke-Congrats on getting the job (and possible a spare)! Its always funny how these things work......nothing, nothing, nothing.....then 2!

Camery-Glad you're feeling better! You're too busy to be sick! Congrats on the new place!

Eagle-Oh yes, I remember the organized chaos of a busy household! Wouldn't trade a minute of it for the world

CG-So glad you chose to tattle tale on the ole AV! ........and on that same note....

......My AV has been kicking up since vaca. Not sure if it's emotional or getting out of my routine, or being around so much drinking. Either way, I'm struggling. It almost feels as bad as when I first quit. Its like I'm trying to talk myself into it and frankly I'm not sure how to deal with it. There is so much going on, on so many levels that I can't even put my finger on the root of it. So I'm not sure how to adjust my recovery plan or even if that would help...... for the time being I'm white knuckling it and limping along, praying something will give besides my sobriety. I liked what Jo said about 1 day at a time. I'm back to that. %$#@
Old 09-16-2016, 12:11 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Simplicity, check in to the weekender thread? Add another layer of accountability for this weekend, just to help you through while it's tough. There's always someone around, so you can have someone just to distract you, whenever you need it. You're doing amazingly - stick with us!
CG - yay for ratting on the AV. It's a sneaky beggar at times, aint it? Mine ramped up a gear last weekend - I came here. It helped. This weekend, I'm in a different head space. I've just realised it's witching hour and the AV hasn't even made a peep. Battles come and battles go - it's the war that needs winning, I think.

Hope everyone has a good Friday.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Great post Flossy, totally agree. One day at a time is always with me...

Simply, you can do it, you're so strong and I believe in you lovely lady!

When I joined in late May someone wrote with the quote 'I want to be sober more than I want that drink'. I found this very powerful and it helped me then and still does now. I thank the person who wrote it!

I'm praying for everyone who's struggling tonight and sending you all good vibes. Thinking of you....
Old 09-16-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Thanks Flossy, great idea! l hopped aboard the weekender bus! I have Grandchild #1 tonight so that should keep me busy tonight! Tomorrow we have a wedding....the plan is to leave the reception early before the drinking really starts.

Elke-I appreciate the encouragement I consider myself lucky to have you all in my life.....this journey would be impossible alone!
Old 09-16-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

I couldn't agree more..

Enjoy the wedding Simply xx
Old 09-16-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Whoa what a day friends! Worked my tail off to go through closets of the "unknown". Found my old picture box, how fun that was to reminisce for a bit of the "good ole days" and pics of my sweet dog, etc. Then on to the bulk of it, and it wasn't as bad as I imagined. Found my box of books I will never part with and other then that, its all donations--- so, I was feeling good there.
This moving bit sucks, I would recommend purging often and not 10 years later.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Hi gang I'm just checking in. Had the worst week ever. Bf has been sexting his ex (sorry to be explicit) and I feel lost and alone......and yes I hit the bottle hard. Day 1 again.......
Old 09-17-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Jo, I am sorry to hear about your BF. People can be such POS. We are always here for you in good times and in bad. At least you came here where you have support.

Hang in there girl! I will be thinking of you today!