Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 24

Old 07-15-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Kiki pet I read your post yesterday and I for one was glad that you posted. You spoke for a lot of us, well me anyway's.

I certainly empathise with anyone who is suffering from mental health issue's, but that was just so unfair to the rest of us.

We're all tugging along making an effort to carry each other whenever we may stumble and that can only be a good thing.

I hope that person gets the help she needs, but I'm not sure this board can provide it. And I am sure this little thread can't.

Just my 2 cents. Let's get this 'lil bus back on the road shall we? Checking in, was at a meeting this afternoon. Shared a bit!
Old 07-15-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hey, Goat! 40days for us! Jesus fasted for 40 days (wish I could), it rained on Noah for 40 days. 40 must be a good number.

I still haven't worked up the nerve to share at my meetings. I'm getting there though.

Have a good evening.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Still feeling pretty upset/triggered by yesterday's "drama" ... sorry, don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I am the one who asked Fabela what was going on and to "elaborate". Was only trying to help her and had no idea it was that bad. Sorry. I truly hope she is ok.

On a more positive note, blood work is all normal

Hope everyone is having a good day. I am up and down today. Feeling my resolve dwindling. Just being honest.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Oh and my AV loves that my blood work came back good and liver is ok
Old 07-15-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Ladybug, Yay! Glad you're healthy. Tell your AV you are keeping it that way!!
As for yesterday, prayers for Fabela and anyone else that the incident upset. I sincerely hope she gets what she needs. No one controls your emotions but you. Keep doing the right things. You are doing great!
Old 07-15-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

(I feel like I should be wearing a short skirt and have pompoms.)
Old 07-15-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
(I feel like I should be wearing a short skirt and have pompoms.)
Gimme a D! (that's what she said..)

Where is Dee anyway? I hear he's off sick.

Found a great 'Get well soon Dee' card online and meant to post it yesterday.

But turns out today that image is offline. This will have to do:

Probably stressed out from all the work he does in here, I dunno. I hope he is ok though.

Hey, Goat! 40days for us! Jesus fasted for 40 days (wish I could), it rained on Noah for 40 days. 40 must be a good number.

I still haven't worked up the nerve to share at my meetings. I'm getting there though.

Have a good evening.
Will do, have a nice today you too. I still wanna reply to comments from yourself, purps and others yesterday. We were having fun!

Yeah was thinking about that today also, 40 days in the wilderness. They say great minds think alike? And fools seldom differ. Don't know much about Noah but I Noah guy…

Actually, despite not being a member of any religion (as far as I know) I was reflecting on a quote by the prophet Jeremiah yesterday which came up in a book I was reading:

'The day will come when no man will say anymore to his brother "Know God", that is to say the law of God, but they will all know me. For I shall write my law in their inward parts (minds and hearts).'

Interesting stuff… Hey I rarely share when it's a big meeting either Bobbie, I sometimes do in smaller groups, but today there was an exception!

People were talking about sleeping problems so I went off on a rave about the time I didn't sleep at all for 17 days and then consequently drank for the next 18 months...

The whole place was laughing (as per usual) so I must be an unintentionally funny (goat) person, wtf! It's all good though
Old 07-15-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Ladybug - great news about the bloodwork! No surprise at AV piping in about it. When my liver came back as elevated AV whispered, "doc said it was only a little high. Let's drink while we still can!!" SMH

Have some ice cream, or cheesecake, or chocolate to celebrate
Old 07-15-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Clearlyheaded, I got the bitmoji idea from you. I might be having too much fun with it.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I love it, Bobbie! You are definitely the cheerleader of our group .... and Casey, speaking of Casey, I haven't seen him here today?!
Old 07-15-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
I love it, Bobbie! You are definitely the cheerleader of our group .... and Casey, speaking of which I haven't seen him here today?!
I think he's good. Maybe we should all send him a pm to mess with him. I'm down if you guys are. Let's just annoy him a bit before he goes to work.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

You two are like brother and sister
Old 07-15-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Clearlyheaded, I got the bitmoji idea from you. I might be having too much fun with it.
Ha!!! It's perfect!
Old 07-15-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
You two are like brother and sister
lol. The jerk told me I was old enough to be his mom. Is okay. I can outrun him.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

It seems to me that most of the room is Young. I was a late bloomer I didn't start drinking till my late 40s. I've been drinking less than 5 years but went off the rails quickly?d
Old 07-15-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

me too. I was drinking young, but didn't get out of control until the last 5 years or so. truly escalated this last year.

Thanks, Kayak. No I know how old you are. You are older than me, I think. 52?
Old 07-15-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

me too. I was drinking young, but didn't get out of control until the last 5 years or so. truly escalated this last year.

Thanks, Kayak. No I know how old you are. You are older than me, I think. 52?
I had an occasional beer over the years but nothing crazy. My 47th birthday I met Fireball Downhill since.
But I'm done as Evans Blue sings This Time It's Different. You're good you should work at the carnival 52:-)
Old 07-15-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

On my way home from work. Happy Friday everyone!! I had a busy-ish day....my boss is away so I escaped early (kind of like playing hookey - lol) and picked up a Peach Iced Tea. Now just planning for a simple, sober night tonight!! 😊
Old 07-15-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
It seems to me that most of the room is Young. I was a late bloomer I didn't start drinking till my late 40s. I've been drinking less than 5 years but went off the rails quickly?d
Not young, will be 45 in 2 months. Yes, I am an older mom lol. I was fine, a normal drinker, that could take it or leave it, until around 30. My drinking really took off in my 30's. I had no problem abstaining when I was pregnant, but I guess it started getting bad after I quit working, when my oldest was 9 months Guess being a stay at home hasn't helped that issue. I plan on going back to work when both kids are in school full time, but that is probably 4 years away? Got to get this right now.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Good news about the bloodwork, Ladybug! Please don't use it as an excuse to drink.

My lab requisition sits on the dining room table. I've been avoiding it because I already know I won't like the results. They've called before with crummy news.

On the plus side, my cholesterol is always exemplary, but I'd rather have high cholesterol and low enzymes any day.

Congrats on 40 days Bobbie and Goat. I had 41 and blew it, so stay strong and vigilant. I know you will do it!

Excellent avatar, Bobbie.

Go team!