SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Part 24 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394474-class-march-2016-part-24-a.html)

Anna 07-13-2016 04:49 PM

Class of March 2016 Part 24

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-23-a-25.html

beerbgone 07-13-2016 04:55 PM

I got shotgun!!!

Bobbieka 07-13-2016 05:05 PM

Yay, BBG! Thanks, Anna.

Fred, sounds like a nightmare.

I have to play soccer at 9:30, so I think I might try and nap. Okay, I'm going to lay down and read a book. That's kind of napping.

Have a good evening! Reach out if you need help!

ManInTheArena 07-13-2016 05:21 PM

Hope you are enjoying the book, Bobbie.

Back from the quick road trip. I'm getting too old for this stuff (in best Detective Murtaugh voice).

I am tired, which is when I feel the most tempted. Just trying to keep it together here for a bit longer. I re-arranged some furniture, took the dog out for a walk, and am now looking for a good podcast to occupy my mind. Summer evenings can be the best and the worst. At times like this, it's not so much a craving as a "why not". The AV is sneaky that way.

Hope everyone else is well !!

ManInTheArena 07-13-2016 05:22 PM

And thanks for the new thread Anna :)

beerbgone 07-13-2016 05:27 PM

Thanks Anna.

KiKi0615 07-13-2016 05:27 PM

I'm soooo glad you got through that craving Ladybug! I completely understand about it feeling like someone "flipped a switch". To me it feels like something or someone takes over my mind and body and I'm no longer in control! Scary! But you made it!!!

KiKi0615 07-13-2016 05:32 PM

Wow! Part 24 already? That's approximately 11,500 posts in 135 days! That's a class average of 85.185 posts per day!

Casey? Is the math correct??? Lol ;-)

KiKi0615 07-13-2016 05:33 PM

Have fun playing soccer Bobbie!

Purplrks3647 07-13-2016 05:35 PM

OMG Keets that's so scary! I hope you're feeling okay....thanks for sharing ~ its a good reminder that we all should stay close by and take better care of ourselves.

Bobbieka you sound great! Thanks for all you do, and for looking out for the rest of us!

Clearlyheaded I hope your day went well....I love thunderstorms too (as long as I can stay inside and not have to go anywhere lol)

Casey congrats on four months! Thanks for all of your support and sticking by all of us!

Lilian I'm so glad you got the issue at work resolved ~ and glad you had fun at the game!

Vee stopped in! YAY!!!

Have a great trip, Kayak....I've never been to California....possible class reunion destination!

Great job on Day 6, Ladybug....the AV is a sucky, lying JERKFACE! Hope your little ones are doing okay :)

Keep on writing, Fabela...it's gotta be therapeutic, right? That's so awesome....now only if I can get my creative side working again....thanks for the inspiration! And what a relief that the kitty came back :)

Sam, thanks for your honesty! Please stay here with us...we can't give up! And thanks for sharing the pics of that adorable little Charlie :)

Hi Kiki! Thanks for sharing "Walk down a different street" ~ Loved it!

Missy ~ 42 Days! YOU ROCK! And yeah, Facebook? Bleh...I deactivated my profile years ago and I don't miss it! Like alcohol, I'm better off without it! :)

BBG I'm glad you're getting your BBT fix! Thanks for being here with all of us!

Hi Fred! Good call on getting out of that course while you can...Glad you're here!

MITA! Fearless leader! Good to see you "Okay, okay, okay... {in my best Leo Getz voice**

Sorry if I missed anyone...I hope Dee is okay (???)
************************************************** *****************************
Earlier today at Publix there was a wine display with a guy giving away samples. I thought of giving him the "Casey salute" but I didn't think that would be very nice....

KiKi0615 07-13-2016 05:35 PM

Hang in there MITA! I agree, summers are hard!!!

beerbgone 07-13-2016 05:53 PM

Gonna' lay down and watch the rest of BBT. Have a great evening everybody!

Purplrks3647 07-13-2016 06:07 PM

'Oh. man, I sure could use some puppy therapy right about now..."

http://i68.tinypic.com/20h1rt1.jpg

Ladybug2 07-13-2016 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 (Post 6043191)
To me it feels like something or someone takes over my mind and body and I'm no longer in control! Scary! But you made it!!!

Yes, that's exactly it. We just have to remember that we ARE in control. Our AV has no real power, it's all in our head. Makes me feel like a crazy person, but that's what this disease is really about.

ManInTheArena 07-13-2016 06:47 PM

Good night everyone. Got my podcast picked out. Hoping for some fun dreams and a low stress Thursday.

Ladybug2 07-13-2016 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena (Post 6043183)
Hope you are enjoying the book, Bobbie.

Back from the quick road trip. I'm getting too old for this stuff (in best Detective Murtaugh voice).

I am tired, which is when I feel the most tempted. Just trying to keep it together here for a bit longer. I re-arranged some furniture, took the dog out for a walk, and am now looking for a good podcast to occupy my mind. Summer evenings can be the best and the worst. At times like this, it's not so much a craving as a "why not". The AV is sneaky that way.

Hope everyone else is well !!

You've got this, MITA. Feeling tired is a big trigger for me too, but you're doing the right thing by keeping busy. I'm always grateful when I crawl into bed at night exhausted, but sober. Sober sleep is the best. Not to mention hangover free mornings :)

Bobbieka 07-13-2016 07:12 PM

Ran my 2 miles. Going to my game. That was probably dumb, but not as dumb as drinking.

MITA, stay strong. Maybe some recovery books or links to listen to. That really helps me. I truly admire your fortitude.

Samantha, Kiki, ladybug, way to get through today. You will be stronger tomorrow.

Purple, thanks for the awesome post. Keep putting one foot in front of the other.

BBG, sweet dreams.

Talk to you guys later.

CaseyW 07-13-2016 07:36 PM

It's purple! (I think.)

http://i68.tinypic.com/23mvcqo.jpg

KiKi0615 07-13-2016 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 (Post 6043329)
Yes, that's exactly it. We just have to remember that we ARE in control. Our AV has no real power, it's all in our head. Makes me feel like a crazy person, but that's what this disease is really about.

Yes! Agreed! We have the power to NOT drink!!!

KiKi0615 07-13-2016 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 (Post 6043268)
'Oh. man, I sure could use some puppy therapy right about now..."

Hey Purp! How are you?