Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 27

Old 07-04-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Mariah,

Worked last night and tonight,..... lot's of celebrating going on with live bands and 3 different organized fireworks ,..outside of all the *unorganized * stuff going on closer .

Freein, ....just about to finish that project ! Waiting on a couple stainless drink holders coming this week UPS to drop in some yet undrilled holes on the top of the center console.

Looking into a possible portable blu tooth speaker that has it's own rechargeable battery. May use it at work for audio on this laptop too,...but they're making several now that are actually submersible. The one's deemed " splash proof " around salt water doesn't seem like a great option,
...but the idea of a speaker that won't drain the outboard's charging battery is pretty appealing .

I'd be constantly worried an audio system intergrated into the boat's electrical system would kill the battery sooner or later, since I usually seem to lose track of time on the water.

The scooter battery seems low,...would hardly start the bike leaving work last night. Put it on a charger overnight, but the rain came as I was coming to work tonight , so drove the truck. If it won't hold a charge, I may try to return it as it's only 11 months old. Have no idea if they'll give me any credit for it though,.......

Pretty delirious with lack of sleep just now, ...but do. have 2 days off coming , and then 3 straight 3-day weekends after this 2 day starting in just over an hour.

Oh,....Freein,... all your progress on the construction project inspired me to get my first workout of the year yesterday,....it was only about 10 minutes, but am feeling more sore by the hour. Figured I better start somewhere , if I'm ever to get back to cycling. Just light weights and body resistance yesterday.

Hope y'all have a good start to the week,....

Old 07-04-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Great stuff, Tops. You'll be back on your bike in no time. Start gently though. Lack of sleep isn't good at all. Is it possible for you to have 8 hours of sleep scheduled even when you're working night's?

I've just tried to do the Plow yoga pose, I've never been brilliant at it, but my goodness, my back is as stiff as a board - that will be my next focus, a bit of back flexibility. I keep a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders. Sitting in the car for long periods doesn't help, so I need to do as much activity as I can outside work hours. The trouble is, I just love to sit and read!

Having a couple of new tyres fitted on the car this morning, and MOT Friday, an expensive week!
Old 07-04-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi all,
10 days till leaving.
Been fined by tax office 10k.

Nearly there... removalists coming...

I'm struggling with anxiety everyday now.

I hope I've made the right decision here, I couldn't move again.

Good to read all the posts.

Stay on top Up...
Old 07-05-2016, 12:37 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

How could coming back to Oz be bad Obo?

Best place in the world to raise a kidlet

D
Old 07-05-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Amazing to see the thread series still going! I was an attempted member "back in the day" and although it took more research, struggles, and eventual rehab, I'm in a great place and sober since January. Anyways, keep up the good work!
Old 07-05-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi Noolan.
I remember you.
Welcome back!
Congrats on your sobriety.
Be great to have you back in the team!

Well done!😀
Old 07-05-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

😎

No argument here Dee!

😉
Old 07-05-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Tops ~ If you have room in the center console, you could mount a small motorcycle or gel cell battery to power your audio system. Maybe a bluetooth speaker and a charging cable for a phone. Good luck.

You stay on top too obo. You'll be back where you belong before you know it.

Hi Dee, free and Mariah. Welcome back Noolan, good to see that you are still here.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congratulations on your sobriety Noolan! Good to see you here

Obo, I have a feeling this move will be a good thing! Nothing like gong home. Hope all goes smoothly with the move.

Great gong on the new exercise program TS.....I was off to a great start last month then got sick & it went down hill from there. My bike is sitting out front k I haven't managed to ride at all, but then it's been 90 some degrees here & not cooling down till after dark so that's as good as an excuse as any
Old 07-05-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Obo, there was me thinking I had an expensive week!
Its got to be worth it, a fresh start back home in oz.

Noolan, congratulations on your sobriety, it's lovely to hear you again. You won't ever be forgotten here, we're a team.

I wonder how our other friends are getting on?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Not looking forward to today, the heat index is supposed to be in the triple digits, that's F.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Too hot Up! We've been in the 90's for the last couple of weeks & think it's supposed to cool down a bit soon.

Have had some nice time off. I think the Prozac might be helping as I've been feeling a bit more productive. I'm trying to manage the anxiety but it's an ongoing effort & hope my follow up appt with the psychologist will end with trying a different medication. what I wouldn't give to have a day without it

Keeping positive though & happy to be sober for sure
Old 07-06-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

It's been really cool here, could you blow some heat this way for a bit? I want to wear my shorts!

It's good working weather though, it's no fun trying to work in the blazing heat. Our summer is so short, we just get out the ice creams, blink, and before we've finished nibbling around the edge, it clouds over and then it's winter. Uncanny. Fools us every time.

Glad you're feeling a bit better Mariah.

Hope the days going well for everyone.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Noolan

D
Old 07-07-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning Fools.

Another hot and humid day here.

Have a great day all.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Glad you've gotten things sorted Noolan !

How's the roof coming Freein !?

It's been pretty warm down here Up,... this is the first year I've gone this long without AC . Has plenty to do with mine being on the blink, ...but ceiling fans and screens make it surprisingly doable, once I adjusted my mind . Also canopied by some old growth live oaks which really help in the summer .
Imagining it's like living here a hundred years ago helps too !

Got the drop-in cup holders installed the day they arrived and now just going detailing the skiff with compounds , wax, polish , ..etc. the last few days . Trying my best to get more sleep lately, so not working as much thru the day before work.
It took me until yesterday to recover from that baby workout several days ago !?!!

Amazing how fitness is one of those rare things impossible to bank ?

Obo,..... it's gettin' close to crunch time ,...how you making out ?
Old 07-08-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Midnight here, just off work an hour ago. Worked the same shift last night & then couldn't sleep so hoping I will tonight. Has been a sad week....2 local high school students & one of their Dads went down over the ocean in a plane coming back from 4th of July celebration....they would have been seniors this year, same as my Son. Heartbreaking.

The situation with Niece, her kids & their Father is ongoing & feel helpless in not being able to help the kiddos. It's a sad, sad situation & ive been praying everyday that God bring them to safety.

Therapist asked that I work at identifying my feelings, that a lot of times the anxiety I feel is not anxiety but feelings I'm not identifying....made sence & was a bit of an eye opener.....so I'm feeling sad & helpless. I also read a post in a thread here last week that "struck me".....ill see if I can find it & share here. It talked about simply just identifying a feeling but not holding onto it but view it as a cloud floating by....much more to it but I thought what a lovely thing that would be to do with them

Off to sleep - in for the bargain & hope everyone is taking care. I am scheduled for my first professional massage tomorrow
Old 07-08-2016, 02:26 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for those sad events Mariah.

I hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 07-08-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for such tragic news Mariah,...

Most mornings it strikes me I'm feeling a little blue, but lately just recognizing that seems to help . It helps because I can make a little list ( mentally ) of the things I'm grateful for ,.... sobriety, reasonable health, half crazy family,.. ,....dry on rainy nights, .... not hungry.

Whenever you figure out how to get off work and go straight to sleep, ....tell me !!!!!
Slept on the couch after work last night, .... now, I'm headed back to bed here at home ,....figure I have a head start with 4 hours anyway !?!
Old 07-08-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That is sad news Mariah.

I need to try and work on gratitude, it's hard to sometimes.