Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 27

Old 09-04-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Tops- Sorry to hear about the injury. It's important to find balance, but it's also great you can dig that deep. I'm working towards being disciplined enough in my effort.

Up- Trust the process. My job timeline didn't workout exactly like I wanted when I got out of rehab. It pushed me between a rock and my ego. I discovered a job didn't define me and I had been drawing self worth from something I used to tell myself I hated and drank over.

Freein- Wow that podcast sounds awesome. There is no more numbing feelings for me. I take my feelings like I took my bourbon or cocaine: straight up. The highs feel better and the lows hurt a little bit more, but it breeds resolve. Resolve I never had while using.

Mariah- Sorry to hear about the anxiety and such that accompanies post drinking. That was exactly like my last few times going back and forth. I'm happy you're still finding positive things to do while juggling those feelings, brave.

It's been an interesting weekend. I had more intense cravings to use this weekend then I have in awhile. I never acted on them, but they were there. I've realized that my sobriety is like a flame that requires constant tending. I can go a week or so, but anything beyond that and old habits and feelings creep up. The biggest thing was being so sore and not being able to workout. I'm night and day a different person without it.

Anyways, it ended up being a great weekend and thanks to the holiday, no work tomorrow. Have a good one, guys.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry Up 'falling off the bike figuratively' totally threw me.
My apologies.

I'm glad you got through Noolan.

D
Old 09-04-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread y'all:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-28-a.html

D