Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 31

Old 06-19-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

As always, I love your attitude Conquest. You rock girl. Glad you are alright after the surgery.

Hey Briar and Leigh and all of the beautiful Octsobers.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Bwaaaaahahahahahaaaa
Woweee I needed that laugh! Thanks sweet V!
Old 06-19-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Thanks for the fathers day blessings ladies! And what a blessing the day truly was. Long, busy day with the kiddos and family in the summer sun. Time for rest now.

Sleep well my sweet sober friends.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.

Wishing especially sweet dreams to our fantastic fathers, Arbor and Mark.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Glad y'all had a fun day, Arbor! Rest up
Old 06-20-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Venus, I know that you were dreading the ceremony and Father's Day all rolled into one, but it's done. Conquest, I know exactly what you are going through. So weird, after all the work I had done, I am so aware of teeth now; it's the first thing I notice. It was never like that before.

Good morning Dee! So nice to see you. Greetings to SL, Phoebe, Briar, Arbor and Mark. Here's to a great week-summer officially starts here tomorrow..
Old 06-20-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

BD honey ~ I really, really get it. I always look at teeth. Always. Your smile is amazing girl. And you are brave. This is not an easy thing to go through. Both you and darling Conquest are my heroes. That said, my teeth are seriously awesome for what I've put them through. No cavities, no gum issues, and they are nice and white. So that's not too bad.

And thank you love ~ my (older) sister and I both feel that a weight has been lifted from our shoulders now; these last few very painful years are over. Done. We can move on now. That is a very good feeling.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Healing is happening and that's a wonderful thing to hear, Venus. I know it's been a whirlwind of emotions for you. Keep being sweet to yourself this week as it all processes. Love you lots

And thanks, BD! If anything, I can certainly sympathize more for others going through any kind of tooth issue. It's one of those things that people don't "get" until they've been through it. I've said it before, but how can an inch of my face feel like my whole world?! It's aggravating, but I'm closer to the finish line everyday. And if a smile like yours is the prize, then it'll all be very well worth it!

How's the rest of the crew starting the week? I'm still off of work, but feeling much better than expected. I may venture out a bit, get some household stuff done, and purposefully avoid catching up on work emails. They're not going anywhere, right? Lol

Briar, I hope the new spot is fitting well!

Much love to everyone! Sobriety ain't always easy, but it's so much easier than the alternative, for sure!
Old 06-20-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

In honor of Summer... Here's George Winston's album, Summer. He is a pianist that collaborated often on the Peanuts cartoons. If you're a Peanuts fan, you'll recognize the jazzy/bluesy/chill style.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLECA715594ACE3EC6
Old 06-20-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
In honor of Summer... Here's George Winston's album, Summer. He is a pianist that collaborated often on the Peanuts cartoons. If you're a Peanuts fan, you'll recognize the jazzy/bluesy/chill style.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLECA715594ACE3EC6

I have that CD, Conquest - amazing.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Venus, I know that you were dreading the ceremony and Father's Day all rolled into one, but it's done. Conquest, I know exactly what you are going through. So weird, after all the work I had done, I am so aware of teeth now; it's the first thing I notice. It was never like that before.

Good morning Dee! So nice to see you. Greetings to SL, Phoebe, Briar, Arbor and Mark. Here's to a great week-summer officially starts here tomorrow..

I wasn't able to open your smile pic, BD . . . but I am sure that it is lovely.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Happy Monday/Tuesday.

Happy summer, USA'ers.

Be back later.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Wow, busy weekend here!! I've been offline much of the weekend and today, as we had company Saturday/Sunday, Father's Day, as we all know, and we are also down to one working family computer, which my daughter is using to prepare for her last two finals, tomorrow.

Welcome "home" Dee!! We've missed you. Hope you had a good time making music.

Wishing all our great Dads a belated Happy Father's Day, I hope it was great!

V, glad you got through Sunday and are feeling better. It is an awful empty feeing to be an adult orphan. My father was always such an anchor for me in life. I miss my mother too, but we had a rocky time through the years.

Conquest, you've been through so much! Hopefully we'll get a glimpse of your new smile someday! I don't think I was with you guys from the very beginning. Did you have an accident? My friends son has a terrible bicycle accident and sounds like very similar process. He's still got bone to replace, and has to wear a partial for two front teeth since 15! He's just graduated HS. It's hard and expensive. Big hugs to you.

I was up extra early, after a late night watching basketball. My team did not win, boohoo. Son had a breakfast thing at school where he showed me all his best works from all 7 years at his school. It was fun seeing pict from kindergarten and younger years. He was so darned cute!! He's really grown into a handsome preteen, too, if I may say so, lol. Mama's boy? Just a little. He's done on Wednesday, with a ceremony and a big party that afternoon. Both kids finish school Wednesday.

Oh, Mark, it may be a lofty goal to both drive and enjoy all 3 places: Plymouth, Newport, and Mystic. Traffic onto and off the Cape can be very heavy, and you'll want to spend time seeing each place. But, if you start early, and go all night, you may get them all in! Any one destination could make for a good day trip.

Hello to Arbor, BD, Leigh, Briar!
Old 06-20-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hi, phoebe!!!!!
Old 06-20-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hey Phoebe! Yes, I was a passenger in an auto accident at 16. Now we're redoing my implants which is a package deal requiring bone and gum work. Yuck. And our team didn't win last night either. Double yuck! But it was pretty fun to watch Cleveland celebrate.
And what a special morning with your son! I'll bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Leigh You're a Winston fan, too! I love all of his seasons albums. Autumn may be my favorite.

In totally unrelated news, my mom gave us her Roomba (robot vaccuum)!! It drove her dogs crazy so she only used it once... I can't wait to try it, totally geeking out over the thought of watching it clean for me.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I have all of Winston CDs; I'm unable to pick a favorite!!!!1
Old 06-20-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the welcome back Phoebe

D
Old 06-20-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers.

See you tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Not staying up for the strawberry moon, Leigh?!!
Old 06-20-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 180 (permalink)